Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I think (just my opinion here) is that they are going for the big reveal to the general public here. Suddenly, you have evidence that mutants know how to bring back the dead. You know that Urich will keep digging and realize how many mutants are back.
    So, you'll have the potential public revelation that the mutants know how to bring back the dead, but aren't sharing with the world in general. Parallel, along with Krakoa and terraforming Mars, it will be seen as one more piece of evidence that the mutants are a terrible threat to humanity.

Yeah, it's not a big deal from the "been there, seen that" perspective as far as we are concerned. But, the implications to the in-universe general public and their reaction is where the ramifications get interesting, story-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The occasional isolated resurrection and standardized mass resurrection are not the same.

Also, I like to see Cyclops relaxed for a change. Normally we see him with a high stress and this team for him is like a vacation.
    Sure, "we" know the significance of mutants coming back from the dead as well as the scope, and I understand where the plot is going. I was just mostly joking about how I imagine even people in the Marvel U must joke about the revolving door at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    IKR!?

I loved that panel of Ev and Laura and then the look he gives her just before she cuts him...such scrumptiousness!
    Breathtaking. I love a powerful, wordless moment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    So on to the big reveal this issue. Jean cheats at psychic Rock, Paper, Scissors. >_>
    Saint Jean Grey?! The perfect and beautiful Queen of all psi?! Never!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Saint Jean Grey?! The perfect and beautiful Queen of all psi?! Never!
    I couldn't believe Duggan went there either! But I guess we'll have to spend months on this discourse now.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I am pretty sure the last one was a reference to the Powerless storyline where the High Evolutionary shut off all mutants powers. It was the best story Lorna had in the mid 90s-2000 time frame.
    What, Lorna pointing out to Luminous that her father has a "kill switch"? I figured she heard the High Evolutionary tell Synch. In either case, I have to read that Powerless storyline you mentioned.

Also, I like to see Cyclops relaxed for a change. Normally we see him with a high stress and this team for him is like a vacation.
    I agree. I find him very appealing here. He comes across as confident in both himself and his team. I find him... alluring in this, which I haven't found Scott in some time.

Absolutely LOVED this issue.
    Fast-paced and action-packed with some delightful character moments while driving the secondary plots (Feilong, Dr. Stasis and Gamesworld) forward.
    Agree with all of this!

He did it to stop a senseless fight from continuing and to save humanity, as is this X-Men's creed....and Scott acknowledges that it will come back to bite them but...they're used to that and cross that bridge when they get to it.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exactly. Half the squad are former leaders so they bounce off of each other very well.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ...and Scott is unbothered, which I love.
    That's the perfect word! He comes off so secure.

The occasional isolated resurrection and standardized mass resurrection are not the same.

I guess after being essentially a general for so long, getting to just go back to the basics of being a super hero that simply helps because it’s the right thing to do must be pretty relaxing and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    However, before the High Evolutionary and his Guard leave, Jean asks him, "Earlier you said Arakko caused some dominoes to fall...Is one of them this...thing?" She conjures up an image of Cordyceps Jones. The High Evolutionary refers to Jones as a "lower form of fungal life" and advises Jean that the X-Men can find him on Gameworld.

Later, Jean has a telepathic conversation with the High Evolutionary, referring to him by his birth name, Herbert (Wyndham). He offers to collaborate with the X-Men, advising Jean, "You're getting bigger and bigger, but you're not preparing for the small scale of the next conflict." Jean asks him what mutandom is getting wrong, and the High Evolutionary responds, "You're extremely intelligent, so you understand why I find the idea of Gameworld offensive...Cordyceps Jones can be many at once. Gameworld was the natural progression of Mojoworld, but he initiated a hostile take over. Farewell, Jean Grey. You will see things my way later."

As the team enjoys the evening with the locals, Jean and Scott converse privately via telepathy, and she advises him that, "The Evolutionary lowered his defenses and showed me Gameworld. He was there recently. He did also try to wipe out all of humanity, but that was a stretch goal...I think we may need to split the team for a little while. We have a name and a place now." Scott agrees to Jean's suggestion and proposes they play "the noble game to see who goes." They proceed to play "rock paper scissors" telepathically, but the scene cuts before we can see "who goes."
    Although Jean isn't my favorite character for this title, I've talked to a few friends of mine who like her, until I'm enjoying how she's being worked on and relieved that Duggan isn't pushing Scott and Jean's couple relationship. She is having a big prominence in the history of the X-mens comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Although Jean isn't my favorite character for this title, I've talked to a few friends of mine who like her, until I'm enjoying how she's being worked on and relieved that Duggan isn't pushing Scott and Jean's couple relationship. She is having a big prominence in the history of the X-mens comics.
    Aw, Stormy...

Loved this. Duggan is knocking it out of the park with this team.

Synch giving away his blood doesn't really bother since it was the HE as he's always been more chaotic neutral than anything else. If it were some Orchis agent or any other actual group hellbent on mutant genocide then I'd be worried.

As for Stasis and his obsession with exposing the resurrections (assuming that the protocols even get exposed to the general public), it'll be interesting to see how the global powers that be react to it. Namely Krakoa's allies.

The only thing I didn't like about this issue was that Luminous didn't get beat on more.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I liked this. This is very fun. I am very intrigued in how Ben will choose to handle this. I'm sure Krakoa has got a story already planned in case something like this happens, but Ben has been put in an interesting position here and that's just very fun.

I also hope we get the conseuqnece of the blood sooner rather than later. It doesn't have to be in this book, but somone should play around with that someowhere.

Everyone was really cute.

So on to the big reveal this issue. Jean cheats at psychic Rock, Paper, Scissors. >_>
    thats typical. you know she is known for looking into people's minds and probing their thoughts without their permission. smh.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats typical. you know she is known for looking into people's minds and probing their thoughts without their permission. smh.
    Did you at least clean that knife before you twisted it? Sheesh
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I am rereading the issue and basking in the sun as I eat a Greek salad sprinkled with the perfect hint of lemon juice, and the combination of the words, images, colors, freshness, and acidity are simply for which to die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Her and Scott are already a given, no need to rehash their relationship(unless it's being rocked)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Did you at least clean that knife before you twisted it? Sheesh
    lolol well im just saying lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This issue is getting excellent reviews so far:

You Don't Read Comics - David Harth
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-Men #3 shows that a superhero X-Men book can work in the Krakoa era if done right. Duggan impresses with this one. It's mostly just a big dumb action issue, but it all works, and it's a lot of funny. The ending is the icing on the cake, ready to throw a spanner into the Krakoan works on multiple levels. Larraz and Gracia deliver on the visuals and elevate the script immensely. This is the best issue of the book so far, hands down.
    https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...1/9/22/x-men-3
    Comic Watch - Ross Hutchinson
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-MEN #3 continues to prove why this is one of the funnest, most well-crafted books Marvel is publishing today!
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...roblem-evolves
    The Comicbook Dispatch - Dispatchdcu
    Sep 22, 2021
    Duggan continues to prove that he's cut out to lead the charge with the head X-MEN title. At first, many were concerned that Hickman's absence would derail and sideline what's been rebuild and redesigned. However, since stepping in, Duggan's X-MEN has been well crafted, lively, thrilling, and rather eventful. X-MEN #3 is the perfect snapshot of what's in store for this X-roster as well as the narrative potential in which should excite comic fans moving forward.
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/x-men-3-review-2/
    AIPT - Dan Spinelli
    Sep 22, 2021
    The X-line may be gearing up for changes, but the flagship book remains as action-packed and visually dynamic as ever.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/22/x-...review-duggan/
    ComicBook.com - Jamie Lovett
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-Men #3 is about as impressive a superhero comic as you're going to find on the shelf.
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...ember-22-2021/