Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Loved this. Duggan is knocking it out of the park with this team.

Synch giving away his blood doesn't really bother since it was the HE as he's always been more chaotic neutral than anything else. If it were some Orchis agent or any other actual group hellbent on mutant genocide then I'd be worried.

As for Stasis and his obsession with exposing the resurrections (assuming that the protocols even get exposed to the general public), it'll be interesting to see how the global powers that be react to it. Namely Krakoa's allies.

The only thing I didn't like about this issue was that Luminous didn't get beat on more.
    I can't wait to see the possibilities of where this will go. Are we going experience a real rise in prominence from lower level within the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This issue is getting excellent reviews so far:
    It deserves them though issue #2 is still the strongest of the X-Men issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is superhero resurrection even some big revelation, let alone mutant?
    Bringing back a few super humans is no big deal. But, mutants not being able to die in general means they will inherit the Earth from the humans and soon. Most wars start when a declining power fears being overcome by a rising power.

In this case the human nations are the declining power and Krakoa is the fast rising power.

What, Lorna pointing out to Luminous that her father has a "kill switch"? I figured she heard the High Evolutionary tell Synch. In either case, I have to read that Powerless storyline you mentioned.
    Perhaps, the High Evolutionary did stop all the mutant powers in the world in the past which even regressed the Genoshan mutates.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It deserves them though issue #2 is still the strongest of the X-Men issues so far.
    Interestingly enough, though, like everyone else, I tend to favor different issues over others when following a title, I find myself loving each issue of this series equally, especially as the arc gradually unfolds and we learn how this new team operates together. As a whole, I just think this series works brilliantly, gradually revealing more and more with each issue without feeling like a drag, which is a testament to what Duggan, Larraz, and Gracia are accomplishing here.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Kill switch for mutant powers. The High Evolutionary stopped all the mutant powers in the world which even regressed the Genoshan mutates.

So, Lorna knew about that before this issue. Very cool. Thank you for the clarification!

Also, here's the link to the aggregate if anyone wants to keep track of reviews. So far, the issue has an overall critical score of 9.0 and a reader score of 9.1.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...x-men-(2021)/3

You Don't Read Comics - David Harth
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-Men #3 shows that a superhero X-Men book can work in the Krakoa era if done right. Duggan impresses with this one. It's mostly just a big dumb action issue, but it all works, and it's a lot of funny. The ending is the icing on the cake, ready to throw a spanner into the Krakoan works on multiple levels. Larraz and Gracia deliver on the visuals and elevate the script immensely. This is the best issue of the book so far, hands down.
    https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/co...1/9/22/x-men-3
    Comic Watch - Ross Hutchinson
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-MEN #3 continues to prove why this is one of the funnest, most well-crafted books Marvel is publishing today!
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...roblem-evolves
    The Comicbook Dispatch - Dispatchdcu
    Sep 22, 2021
    Duggan continues to prove that he's cut out to lead the charge with the head X-MEN title. At first, many were concerned that Hickman's absence would derail and sideline what's been rebuild and redesigned. However, since stepping in, Duggan's X-MEN has been well crafted, lively, thrilling, and rather eventful. X-MEN #3 is the perfect snapshot of what's in store for this X-roster as well as the narrative potential in which should excite comic fans moving forward.
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/x-men-3-review-2/
    AIPT - Dan Spinelli
    Sep 22, 2021
    The X-line may be gearing up for changes, but the flagship book remains as action-packed and visually dynamic as ever.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/22/x-...review-duggan/
    ComicBook.com - Jamie Lovett
    Sep 22, 2021
    X-Men #3 is about as impressive a superhero comic as you're going to find on the shelf.
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...ember-22-2021/

So, Lorna knew about that before this issue. Very cool. Thank you for the clarification!
    She knew he had the ability to shut off mutant powers before this issue, but yes it might just have been that line by the High Evolutionary in this issue she was referring to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    IKR!?

I loved that panel of Ev and Laura and then the look he gives her just before she cuts him...such scrumptiousness!
    Feh.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Feh.

10chars
    Still not feeling this pairing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Still not feeling this pairing?
    No, and I'll never be convinced otherwise because.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Technically it's not a pairing...yet.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Technically it's not a pairing...yet.
    Technically, technically, it was a pairing, but then a version of her died and... comics are fun.

I'm loving the series, and I'm on board for the ride. But, am I the only annoyed how he writes Laura and the lack of character of Sunfire? She is written pretty much exactly like Logan. And Sunfire does his flamethrower and dialogue or 2, that's it. Everyone else these past issues have been shining but these 2. IDK, maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    I'm loving the series, and I'm on board for the ride. But, am I the only annoyed how he writes Laura and the lack of character of Sunfire? She is written pretty much exactly like Logan. And Sunfire does his flamethrower and dialogue or 2, that's it. Everyone else these past issues have been shining but these 2. IDK, maybe it's just me.
    You're definitely not the only one. But at the same time, we are still on issue 3. So it's hard to judge where he's going to take either of them yet. Duggan has done both right (Uncanny Avengers) and wrong (Marauders, I can admit) with large cast so we will have to get further before we see which one is this.

Amazing Member

X-Men continues to be a fun book that gets elevated tenfold by Pepe's art. If Larraz wasn't doing this I'm not sure how much longer my interest would be kept, but I need to see what draws and he's fucking perfect for the mutants.

The moment between Ev and Laura was so cute. I'm rooting for them.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Like the other two issues, this one was fine and boring. Generic, corny fights with utterly disposable villains doesn't particularly appeal to me, and the b plot with the mad scientist is also underwhelming. Duggan can't write Cyclops. The idea that Scott, the anal retentive, detail oriented, man with a plan would decide a strategy with Rock Paper Scissors, is dumb. Duggan borrowing that joke from Wells doesn't work here. His Lorna is also not landing right for me, she comes off very immature and inexperienced. I have mostly enjoyed his handling of Synch, but this build up with Laura is not something I want. The HE came to Earth specifically to talk to mutants so why didn't he just go to Krakoa? Why set it in another country and get a replay of the scene from last issue with the grateful townspeople? Larraz and Gracia make stunningly beautiful art together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Like the other two issues, this one was fine and boring. Generic, corny fights with utterly disposable villains doesn't particularly appeal to me, and the b plot with the mad scientist is also underwhelming. Duggan can't write Cyclops. The idea that Scott, the anal retentive, detail oriented, man with a plan would decide a strategy with Rock Paper Scissors, is dumb. Duggan borrowing that joke from Wells doesn't work here. His Lorna is also not landing right for me, she comes off very immature and inexperienced. I have mostly enjoyed his handling of Synch, but this build up with Laura is not something I want. The HE came to Earth specifically to talk to mutants so why didn't he just go to Krakoa? Why set it in another country and get a replay of the scene from last issue with the grateful townspeople? Larraz and Gracia make stunningly beautiful art together.
    It’s not making me excited but it’s also not broken. Widescreen action. The summer blockbuster movie.

The scene with Laura and Everett was just in your face. No subletly about that. It reminds me of a troupe I found mostly in Anime back in the day. A love plot that isn’t so much about exploring or setting it up before the characters have feelings for each other. More about starting from a spot where there already are feelings.

So more about the goal then the journey.

For some this works very well. We already have fans that like this pairing when we have close to no real interaction between them. Even with the alternative version Laura included. Not saying this as a criticism more as an observation.