Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

The X-Men had better hope that the Beyond Corporation's antics (in Amazing Spider-Man), such as having Spider-Man (Ben) fight Spider-Man (Miles), keeps the Daily Bugle busy, because as soon as Urich's expose on mutant resurrections makes it onto the paper's front page, all hell will break loose!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The moment between Ev and Laura was so cute. I'm rooting for them.
    Agreed completely.

Laura could do a lot worse. Ev would treat her like gold.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This team needs a gambit or they need to just have another xbook like gold and blue again. But this team to me is missing something. Another member i personally don’t like sunfire.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    This team needs a gambit or they need to just have another xbook like gold and blue again. But this team to me is missing something. Another member i personally don’t like sunfire.
    Yeah, they need Hellion.

: )

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It might be a repeat of issue #2 but I enjoyed seeing the Mutants engaging with and being welcomed by regular humans in as simple a family/social setting as sharing a meal which is the most humane thing a person can offer another. These moments show that these X-Men are living by their creed.

Then compare that warmth and acceptance the mutants receive with Feilong's family and Dr. Stasis' "family".

I also appreciate that they are adventuring all over the globe...I love seeing peoples and landmarks from different countries and it gives them and this book a true global feel.

There's so much to love and appreciate about this issue and the issues before.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

synch confirmed to be a better mimic of powers than rogue?!? I'm loving Duggan soooo much for this so happy to see him getting so much love:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue a lot but it felt short once again, I need a little more interaction between team members but other than that I love what it´s bene done here
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

So, apparently, issue #4 drops in three weeks (Oct. 13th). That sort of makes up for how long we had to wait for this one to drop. Goodie.

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/5553623/x-men-4

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just read it on Comoxolgy. And its greatly improved IMHO. Not that the other issues weren't good perse but things were really amped up several notches this issue. Everyone was pretty cool in this. I really love seeing Synch up there with the rest of them. And although I like the idea of Polaris and Jean paling around again - it's been a long time because of the Jean/Ro friendship and of course Jean was dead for so long, but Polaris and Rogue were fun together. I liked Rogues attitude towards the High Evolutionary. But I agree with others Sunfire needs more to do. He should not be wasted. He is such a classic character with much potential still. Thumbs way up.

If the team splits up, I want the men to go with Jean and the women with Scott.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I feel this was a serviceable issue.It had some good moments amidst some corny jokes & stupid decisions.Loved the teamwork aspects and seeing Synch and Sunfire fry H.E. and Polaris walloping Luminous.Pepe truly is the standout of this book IMO,his art is just breath-taking. This is only issue 3 and the villain of the month schtick is already becoming tiresome.If H.E. wanted to congratulate mutantdom,why would he go to Vietnam & not Arakko or Krakoa?There was no explanation why they were there AFAIK.It's awesome to get different perspectives from around the world & explore/experience other cultures but at least make it make sense in story.The jokes weren't that bad but just doesn't fit Scott."The X-Men loves elephants" was pure cornball & Laura shouldn't have to yell your name to remind you of the seriousness during battle.It feels like he's writing Cyclops like Polaris with the immature attitude & one liners. I love Synch but why the how the hell ,with all them centuries of knowledge ,would you make a speech of your intentions to the enemy.He sounded very jejune there,"It's not an empty threat",LOL. .I feel as though Duggan is just treading water until after Inferno.I'm here for more Orchis reveals & revelations and seeing what is going on up there on Mercury.The H.E. plot is boring and felt Duggan could have explored more of Gameworld or the new villains he's introduced instead of giving them a page at the end.I'll probably wait to see what he does after Inferno to determine if this is akin to his Marauders or Uncanny Avengers work.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    synch confirmed to be a better mimic of powers than rogue?!? I'm loving Duggan soooo much for this so happy to see him getting so much love:

But you know that blood going to come back to bite all of them in the butt. Even his blood is OP.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

That certainly solves one repeated issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That certainly solves one repeated issue.
    Right? Direct confirmation.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Well, this was a mix issue for me, i enjoyed the action and somewhat that they didn't actually beat the HE or his forces because i really thought they were going to pull that in more than one issue so that was refreshing. Though i seriously doubt anything will come from telling Luminous daddy has a kill switch for her, she strikes me as cut from the same cloth as Victorious and how she acts with Doctor Doom even when he punishes her.

Still don't care much about Synch and Laura/X-23/Wolverine, i really don't but it is coming, so will just have to suck it up and deal with like i have with other things in other books i read.

Also felt like they and Sunfire are still not being used properly, but it is three issues in so far and we still have more to go so i hope we see that changed.

Really curious what this Feilong character is planning and what the ramifications of it will be, guy is smart, driven, resourceful and he is angry at the X-men so that is never a good thing and worse is they don't even know he is coming.

Same thing with Dr. Stasis, just what is his strategy, reveal through Urich that mutants found a version of immortality and then what? Is he going to us the chaos to find out how they do it?

Talking about things coming, and this is really a pet peeve i have in many of the books on how they deal with threats, they have to know that Gyrich is working with Orchis right? They just have too...yet they do nothing about him, at all! Heck he was talking about Orchis during that stupid Gala.