Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is superhero resurrection even some big revelation, let alone mutant?
    I think (just my opinion here) is that they are going for the big reveal to the general public here. Suddenly, you have evidence that mutants know how to bring back the dead. You know that Urich will keep digging and realize how many mutants are back.
    So, you'll have the potential public revelation that the mutants know how to bring back the dead, but aren't sharing with the world in general. Parallel, along with Krakoa and terraforming Mars, it will be seen as one more piece of evidence that the mutants are a terrible threat to humanity.

Yeah, it's not a big deal from the "been there, seen that" perspective as far as we are concerned. But, the implications to the in-universe general public and their reaction is where the ramifications get interesting, story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Agreed! This is the beauty of what Duggan is doing here: He's giving all of the characters definitive moments! Lorna had me dying with her quip about Luminous' limitations. Lorna to Rogue: "We'll get the last lick--watch this." Lorna to Luminous: "Hey, sugar! Didja know your old man had a kill switch for your powers?" Lorna to Rogue again: "Ha! You see that B's face?" ��
    I am pretty sure the last one was a reference to the Powerless storyline where the High Evolutionary shut off all mutants powers. It was the best story Lorna had in the mid 90s-2000 time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I like how in X-Factor Lorna spoke like a virgin 18th Century Romantic poet ("forsooth! I will evanesce and scintillate into the aether!" - Keats, not Byron), and in this she's a total chad smashing fools with ridiculous scrap knuckle dusters in her best Saturday Special meat-market dress.
    X-Factor Lorna also liked complaining to dad that he didn't understand her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is superhero resurrection even some big revelation, let alone mutant?
    The occasional isolated resurrection and standardized mass resurrection are not the same.

Also, I like to see Cyclops relaxed for a change. Normally we see him with a high stress and this team for him is like a vacation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Absolutely LOVED this issue.
    Fast-paced and action-packed with some delightful character moments while driving the secondary plots (Feilong, Dr. Stasis and Gamesworld) forward.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I think (just my opinion here) is that they are going for the big reveal to the general public here. Suddenly, you have evidence that mutants know how to bring back the dead. You know that Urich will keep digging and realize how many mutants are back.
    So, you'll have the potential public revelation that the mutants know how to bring back the dead, but aren't sharing with the world in general. Parallel, along with Krakoa and terraforming Mars, it will be seen as one more piece of evidence that the mutants are a terrible threat to humanity.

Yeah, it's not a big deal from the "been there, seen that" perspective as far as we are concerned. But, the implications to the in-universe general public and their reaction is where the ramifications get interesting, story-wise.
    This is likely and the ramifications are potentially immense, for example if humans demand sharing of this 'science' with the world, I can see mutantdom refusing but Sinister to leverage for power and having a free hand in unconscionable science could offer his services to humanity creating a proper schism (not counting some others like Jean or Nightcrawler wondering why such technology or ability should be a preserve of mutantdom only) Very prescient observation.

Synch giving that guy his blood after what he saw in the Vault with Darwin is seriously stupid

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Synch giving that guy his blood after what he saw in the Vault with Darwin is seriously stupid
    I said as much

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The only positive I can glean out of this is seeing Synch as a potential villain against the X-Men(though that is from me as a fan, it has nothing to do with having higher expectations of Synch in-universe precisely because of his vault experience)

He did it to stop a senseless fight from continuing and to save humanity, as is this X-Men's creed....and Scott acknowledges that it will come back to bite them but...they're used to that and cross that bridge when they get to it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He did it to stop a senseless fight from continuing and to save humanity, as is this X-Men's creed....and Scott acknowledges that it will come back to bite them but...they're used to that and cross that bridge when they get to it.
    Couldn't agree more with this take.

I liked this. This is very fun. I am very intrigued in how Ben will choose to handle this. I'm sure Krakoa has got a story already planned in case something like this happens, but Ben has been put in an interesting position here and that's just very fun.

I also hope we get the conseuqnece of the blood sooner rather than later. It doesn't have to be in this book, but somone should play around with that someowhere.

Everyone was really cute.

So on to the big reveal this issue. Jean cheats at psychic Rock, Paper, Scissors. >_>

<Thank you so much! We love the Avengers!> LOLOLOLOLOL

<Thank you so much! We love the Avengers!> LOLOLOLOLOL
    The way I cackled over that panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The occasional isolated resurrection and standardized mass resurrection are not the same.

Also, I like to see Cyclops relaxed for a change. Normally we see him with a high stress and this team for him is like a vacation.
    Exactly. Half the squad are former leaders so they bounce off of each other very well.

Agreed and Scott is unbothered, which I love.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

IKR!?

I loved that panel of Ev and Laura and then the look he gives her just before she cuts him...such scrumptiousness!