Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm a sucker for these moments.

And I liked the references to Rogue's history with the HE. A bit more of a subdued issue but I love the team dynamic and that Ev/Laura moment was beautiful. Pepe knocked it out of the park.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is superhero resurrection even some big revelation, let alone mutant?
    I honestly would have been more convinced if someone had just come up with a statistic like, “50% of mutants killed in the Genoshan genocide have been spotted in the last few months”. Cause like you said the main supes BEEN going through a revolving door of life and death.

Mighty Member

No one should be surprised about a resurrection but they always come with an explanation. Cyclops will probably come up with a good answer (the phoenix did it!) but that will probably expose other mini secrets.

Also, was Cyclops the comedic relief in todays story or what?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another solid issue. Duggan does a good job with giving us little character moments. He still needs to do better by Wolverine and Sunfire though. They don't seem to get as much attention as the others.

I do wish this book had arcs, and not these one off issues. I know they all play a part of the overall plot, but like I keep saying, its like you can feel the time crunch in this book. They have a limited time, and Duggan has a lot he wants to do.

I forgot to mention how much I love Polaris and Rogue as a duo.

Mighty Member

It's only issue 3, you can't expect for everyone to have a big moment.

I feel that creates this pressure that every issue every character must have a huge moment.

I also don't see this as a one shot story. This is still part of the same arc as far as I'm concerned.

Hickman's issues were one shots. These are not.

If Duggan does what he did in Uncanny Avengers, then all the characters will get their moment.

If he does what he did in Marauders, then its bad. But so far all signs point to this being more like Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    No one should be surprised about a resurrection but they always come with an explanation. Cyclops will probably come up with a good answer (the phoenix did it!) but that will probably expose other mini secrets.

I loved Scott's jokes while fighting.
    The telepathic "rock, paper, scissors" was cute too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The servents Of H.E. are called New-Men or Ani-Men, right? not the Evolutionary Guard. Or did they get a new team name?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I love this, Sinch is supreme, thank you H.E.

Last edited by Daedra; 09-22-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Slim is always the comic relief.

I just want to say that I loved the issue, I had sooooo much fun reading it. The writing feels fresh and dynamic (and fun!), and the art was supreme. Pepe & Marte are the best duo. I'm very satisifed with the characterizations, surely some characters have been more highlighted in the issue than others, but I have high hopes that every member is going to have their moment to shine. The subplot of Ben Urich is very intriguing, do you think that the docs this mysterious person handled to him describe the resurrection protocols? Heroes coming back from the dead are not that unusual, but the process The Five do surely are shocking (and scary) for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The servents Of H.E. are called New-Men or Ani-Men, right? not the Evolutionary Guard. Or did they get a new team name?
    New Men is what they are, like how the X-Men are a team of mutants. The Animen were an earlier team.

The real important question here for me: Are Jean and Scott back to their boring super-monogamous straighty couple lifestyle or is Logan still part of their sex life?

Feels like someone at Marvel put their foot down and with Hickman leaving we are back to some good old prude U.S. love life depictions from the 1950s...at least when it comes to our main mutant power cishet couple Jean and Scott.

just wondering...

Overall I enjoyed the issue and of course Larraz continues to display phenomenal art. Definitely interested in what HE is gonna do with Synch's blood. While I'm sure HE's comments in regards to power levels are gonna induce tantrums I absolutely loved it.

This was awesome. Wonder if we’ll see Storm and Cable when Feilong goes to Planet Arakko (Mars)? I hope so.

Fantastic issue. Fun, action-packed and with killer art. 10/10