Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah, they need Hellion.

: )
    Yeah right, like they would put him in there, no way does it happen and less we get to see a love triangle form.

Synch and Laura is happening no matter what.

Also fail to understand how is it Synch believes giving anyone a drop of his blood is a good idea, he has 100 years of experience dealing with CotV and seeing what they did with Darwin's DNA and then he pulls that stunt...you know what when the consequences come i hope he goes "maybe i shouldn't have done that" and then gets slapped upside the head followed by YA THINK!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also fail to understand how is it Synch believes giving anyone a drop of his blood is a good idea, he has 100 years of experience dealing with CotV and seeing what they did with Darwin's DNA and then he pulls that stunt...you know what when the consequences come i hope he goes "maybe i shouldn't have done that" and then gets slapped upside the head followed by YA THINK!?
    I mean you heard Jean and Scott, the main goal of the job is to save as many lives in one go as possible.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's pretty obvious this book is just keeping busy until Inferno, but Duggan's making the "Threat of the week while building up the mid-season and season finale villains" format work. Nothing spectacular, but still a fun read. At any rate, definitely a step up from being force-fed world-building Codex Entries that might or might not pay off in another book imo.

A few thoughts:

1. Holy hell, why, *why* did the team play musical chair and switch positions between the first and third pages?
    2. I'm not entirely sure I understand why there even needed to be any actual fighting in the issue. I dunno, it just felt like a squadmate getting all pissy over something bad that happened to them a while back and the rest of the team was all "Yeah, we've got your back bro/sis, let's freakin' do this!"
    3. Alright, Cyclops being totally chill about being knee-deep in tentacles is a hilarious throwback to his first honeymoon, but the dude really, really shouldn't be cracking more jokes than the rest of the team put together.
    4. That Laura/Evan moment. Wow. Just... wow. There might as well been a caption "So what if real people don't talk/act/whatever like that, they're a thing now, and it's epic and romantic, deal with it" caption. Really, really funny.
    5. Why would mutant resurrection be such a big deal again? Didn't humanity spend most of Rosenberg's run partying under the assumption that 99,99999% of mutantkind was dead anyway? But now it's like "Oh noes, Jumbo Carnation and Cyclops are back from the dead, what is going ooooonnn?" Oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-22-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Who said he thought it was a good idea? He did it to stop the fighting and to save lives.
    Ev: You think I made a mistake?
    Scott: No. You saved the most amount of lives you could in one swing.
    Jean: And that's the job.

I'm not one to disagree with Mr. Scott Summers in combat.
    Last edited by JB; 09-22-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Urich better get another source for his big mutant resurrection article, someone more trustworthy than an organization made up of Hydra, AIM, etc. Not hard to deny any allegations by people like that. But yeah, Cyclops was only one who let his body fall into ORCHIS hands during HOX mission, everybody else blew up or fell into the sun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Urich better get another source for his big mutant resurrection article, someone more trustworthy than an organization made up of Hydra, AIM, etc. Not hard to deny any allegations by people like that. But yeah, Cyclops was only one who let his body fall into ORCHIS hands during HOX mission, everybody else blew up or fell into the sun.
    I think only Nightcrawler, Wolverine and most likely Mystique had deaths that would have left no body. Everyone else died in a manner that would have left some salvageable remains.

...you know what when the consequences come i hope he goes "maybe i shouldn't have done that" and then gets slapped upside the head followed by YA THINK!?
    I think you’re being a little harsh. Synch did what he needed to do to contain a situation that could have proven lethal to millions. Furthermore, though he may not have used your exact words, he did question his decision and was certainly somewhat regretful of it.

Besides, now the stakes are higher and who doesn’t love that in an X-book. Duggan may be planting seeds for more than the next six months…

Well pardon me all for thinking about the horrible ramifications involved with giving someone like the High Evolutionary a sample of blood from someone who took his interest i. What was i thinking?

Well pardon me all for thinking about the horrible ramifications involved with giving someone like the High Evolutionary a sample of blood from someone who took his interest i. What was i thinking?
    ........😂🤣😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That certainly solves one repeated issue.
    It absolutely does and I for one love it. Canon trumps headcanon so its definitely great that argument gets put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ........��������
    ...well at least i got a laugh out of someone, better than reprisals and judgement i guess.

...well at least i got a laugh out of someone, better than reprisals and judgement i guess.
    I'm sorry if you felt judged, Hulkout! I understood where you were coming from, but I get why Ev did what he did, too. Anyway, like I noted, this little development will only make for something interesting down the line.

Mighty Member

Nice issue.

If Jean and Scott are going to split the team for a while, I guessing half the team will stay on earth to protect it while the other half will go to Gameworld, I wonder if each group will add a couple of temporary members to help on their respective missions.

BANNED

Jean should take Synch and Laura so she can be nosy.