Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Reminder: Issue #4 drops in a little over two weeks (Oct. 13).

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/5553623/x-men-4

I can't believe we have only a week and a half left until the next issue drops. I think it's going to be a pivotal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I can't believe we have only a week and a half left until the next issue drops. I think it's going to be a pivotal issue.
    Who's the villain of the week? I have been enjoying the new ones being introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Who's the villain of the week? I have been enjoying the new ones being introduced.
    We have a few plotlines that seem to be heading towards a crescendo. First, there is Gameworld and its ruler, Cordyceps Jones, on whom Jean has gradually gathered intel, most recently from the High Evolutionary, who agreed to work with her and the team, though that seems rather suspect.

Nonetheless, as a result of what Jean now knows, she has recommended that the team split up, to which Scott has agreed. So I suspect half of the team is headed for a space mission, while the other half will remain on Earth, standing guard against any further threats.

Then there is the matter of Dr. Stasis providing Ben Urich with a file seemingly proving that the mutants are resurrecting their own. Obviously, this is not Dr. Stasis' endgame but rather a way to distract and weaken the mutants before he strikes. Still, will Urich report this new information, or will he choose first to reach out and question the mutants, perhaps giving them a chance to cover their tracks or come up with a reasonable explanation?

Finally, Orchis, i.e., Henry Gyrich and Kelvin Heng (aka Feilong) have teamed up, with Feilong seeming ready to make his first move at any moment.

As far as I am concerned, Duggan is doing a great job with the threads he's laid out. Oh, and how could I forget...
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-02-2021 at 08:04 AM.

...Captain Krakoa looms...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ...Captain Krakoa looms...

a.k.a. Captain Generic.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Apart from his name, we know absolutely nothing about him...how can he be "generic"?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I really hope Cap K is someone like Justice or another surprise mutant and does not end up being Dr. Stasis.

Also, who was this from #1??

B1F25821-C2F0-4411-869A-D406179E531F.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Probably Dr.Stasis and whatever he's cooking

In case anyone missed it, here is the cover and synopsis for issue #4:

HEADS UP! It’s Halloween and the X-Men have to face a horror born of a neighboring town in Westchester… the Headless HORSEMAN?! And that’s not the only terror targeting them…

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really hope Cap K is someone like Justice or another surprise mutant and does not end up being Dr. Stasis.

Also, who was this from #1??

B1F25821-C2F0-4411-869A-D406179E531F.jpg

I think it is Shinobi. He was also dead and appeared alive in Marauders. Someone must have taken a photo of him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Apart from his name, we know absolutely nothing about him...how can he be "generic"?
    Standard "Superman with serial numbers filled off" imagery, which is also usualy the sign that said character is going to turn out a fraud, actualy evil, overhyped in universe (leading to his downfall) or going break down under the stress of the role.
    The exception being characters designed to examine the issues a person like Superman would face under other circumstances (Blue Marvel). But most of the time it's the above.

The fact that the costume is a plain one piece skinsuit with no interesting patterns and base colors, combined with a face concealing metal plate mask (which also plays into the "sinister version of Superman visuals), with the only unique part being some red frills at the helmet, just make him look generic too.

In a "we are relly not bothering with a unique design on this throw away evil Superman character." way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Probably Dr.Stasis and whatever he's cooking
    This is coming up in issue #5:

ENTER: DOCTOR STASIS! The X-Men's new nemesis finally makes himself known to them, bringing his creations to bear. Mutants may have conquered death, but their foes are all too living…

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I think it is Shinobi. He was also dead and appeared alive in Marauders. Someone must have taken a photo of him.
    I think you’re right. Thanks.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to say...I'm enjoying these "one-and-dones" very much.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!