Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Are we really going there with "That character once did a bad thing" as any sort of justification as to who deserves to be an X-Man in 2021 considering current events?

Anyway, when I meant deserving, I didn't mean morally so. Rogue has had TONS of attention over the last 10 years, including stories outside the X-Books. Let's let a black female character (who isn't Storm) who has been on the verge of breaking through for years finally get her shine. This would have been the perfect moment for that to happen.
    She did 1000 horrible things! Just because they made her pretty doesn't mean she doesn't have a garbage past to redeem.

Rogue sought and earned redemption.

Lightbright, Lost, Pathway, Goblyn would make great X-Men.

I like Frenzy, but she needs to be redeemed to make a good X-Man.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-04-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She did 1000 horrible things! Just because they made her pretty doesn't mean she doesn't have a garbage past to redeem.

Maybe she could have used this story to seek redemption? But I guess we'll never know as we're getting rehashed 90s Rogue who does nothing but punch things and throws out generic "sassy white woman from the south" one liners instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh honey, Jean has been "like a wallpaper" more times than I can count and for the majority of Hickman's run. lol! And mind you, it's not like I'm getting a whole hell of a lot right now, but I'm satisfied for now.

I deserve this. She's earned it.

Also, I am absolutely loving Synch, who deserves and has earned this too.
    Since she revived she has done well, they try to put her everywhere to make up for her decade of absence (even in this disgusting age of hickman, Rogue has not had a single damn dialogue from hickman), which I am happy about that believe me , Jean after her absence deserves this exhibition.

But Rogue went from having very good years, to falling into this disgusting stage of Hickman, she went from being a main player in the Avengers for years, and well when I return to the xbooks I do not complain, in astonishing it was not bad and Rogue and Gambit and Mr Mars x were great, but after that ????
    Little or nothing has Rogue done.

I really hope some Avenger writer is infatuated with her, she should go back to the Avengers books immediately, she is not doing anything useful in the xbooks.

With Synch I do not agree, she is a character that does not matter and has never really been popular or relevant, it is one of those attempts to make a character important and they do not succeed, the same.

Rogue has decades of an impeccable career as a hero, she has been redeemed for many years, her career as a villain was not that long, nor did she do such horrible things as Magneto etc ...

Even her teammates being "the good guys" from time to time do very shady things, storm for example.

I don't think she should redeem herself from anything anymore, since the 80s, she is redeemed, and has even saved the planet twice from imminent destruction.

And being both the leader of two xmen and the Avengers, Frenzy has not yet done anything relevant for her to consider herself redeemed, in fact she is still a braggart.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Are we really going there with "That character once did a bad thing" as any sort of justification as to who deserves to be an X-Man in 2021 considering current events?

Anyway, when I meant deserving, I didn't mean morally so. Rogue has had TONS of attention over the last 10 years, including stories outside the X-Books. Let's let a black female character (who isn't Storm) who has been on the verge of breaking through for years finally get her shine. This would have been the perfect moment for that to happen.
    Thanks but no Thanks, that's not going to happen

Astonishing Member

Lost? Am I hearing right ,do you mean the Lost of way of X ? Her over Frenzy? I hope this isn't a joke. Pathway sure but Lost is a ridiculous choice. It's not about her almost alien body shape if Glob can be an Xman so can she. My issue is her powers have low functionality for being an Xman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Since she revived she has done well, they try to put her everywhere to make up for her decade of absence (even in this disgusting age of hickman, Rogue has not had a single damn dialogue from hickman), which I am happy about that believe me , Jean after her absence deserves this exhibition.

But Rogue went from having very good years, to falling into this disgusting stage of Hickman, she went from being a main player in the Avengers for years, and well when I return to the xbooks I do not complain, in astonishing it was not bad and Rogue and Gambit and Mr Mars x were great, but after that ????
    Little or nothing has Rogue done.

I really hope some Avenger writer is infatuated with her, she should go back to the Avengers books immediately, she is not doing anything useful in the xbooks.

With Synch I do not agree, she is a character that does not matter and has never really been popular or relevant, it is one of those attempts to make a character important and they do not succeed, the same.
    I think there is no going back for Synch, he is now an important part of the Xmen. I actually think for me personally Rogue is better served being an Xman in S.W.O.R.D. When I look at Brand having secrets, and Magneto having secrets .I can't understand the choice. Littlw wonder we have annihilation wave and HE showing up one after another .It's like S.W.O.R.D crew isn't doing its job .Right now Synch has an interesting backstory with Laura, and so them being on one team is a no brainer. Gambit is not that key in Rogue's exposition.So I figure her on S.W.O.R.D fighting all sorts of aliens works way better than being a 'power redundancy' when Synch is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Lost? Am I hearing right ,do you mean the Lost of way of X ? Her over Frenzy? I hope this isn't a joke. Pathway sure but Lost is a ridiculous choice. It's not about her almost alien body shape if Glob can be an Xman so can she. My issue is her powers have low functionality for being an Xman.
    I never said Lost would make a better than Frenzy X-man, just she would make a good one. Any mutant would - written well.

i just don't think Frenzy is more worthy than Rogue until she atones.... and that would make for a great story arc.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think there is no going back for Synch, he is now an important part of the Xmen. I actually think for me personally Rogue is better served being an Xman in S.W.O.R.D. When I look at Brand having secrets, and Magneto having secrets .I can't understand the choice. Littlw wonder we have annihilation wave and HE showing up one after another .It's like S.W.O.R.D crew isn't doing its job .Right now Synch has an interesting backstory with Laura, and so them being on one team is a no brainer. Gambit is not that key in Rogue's exposition.So I figure her on S.W.O.R.D fighting all sorts of aliens works way better than being a 'power redundancy' when Synch is there.
    Definitely agree with your take on Synch and Rogue being in S.W.O.R.D could actually be very interesting as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There is no "atonement" for any of the mutant villains who did egregiously harmful things. Once they decided to be a positive part of Krakoa's society all past misdeeds have been erased and a clean slate offered. If we were waiting for a storyline to address those villainous acts then we'll be waiting for a long time, miserably unsatisfied.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Hasn't Frenzy been trying to reform since Age of X... which came out 10 years ago. I'd much rather see character "atone" by actually doing good things and supporting their fellow mutants, than apologizing for every crime that they've committed over the last [insert number of years] they've been published for. Of course there are some examples where I don't think certain characters should get along because of previous actions, but that's less about atonement and more about personal beefs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hasn't Frenzy been trying to reform since Age of X... which came out 10 years ago. I'd much rather see character "atone" by actually doing good things and supporting their fellow mutants, than apologizing for every crime that they've committed over the last [insert number of years] they've been published for. Of course there are some examples where I don't think certain characters should get along because of previous actions, but that's less about atonement and more about personal beefs.
    Quoted for truth!

Looking forward to an issue #4 preview today.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Looking forward to an issue #4 preview today.
    Are we sure one will be released? I'm so psyched for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Are we sure one will be released? I'm so psyched for this issue.
    If they keep with the usual pattern then we should get one today. Fingers crossed and I'm psyched too!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!