Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Are Muslim groups typically called a congregation? Because I've always heard it as a Christian thing. I know its a minor detail but it really bugs me.
    No, normal human words don't apply to muslims for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I have more thoughts on this book, I didn’t hate it, it was okay but it left me with un-answered questions. I expected the spark to be something like this but it really does nothing to address mutant morality, which Spurrier has been feeding us for the entire five issues. How does this spark answer/resolve people killing themselves for fun? Is it meant to be respected, forgiven, disapproved of? The most glaring omission for me is how are we meant to take the mass child abandonment that occurred in Way of X 3? Is that okay now because we’re exploring mutants individual wants and needs, is it still a problem?

I don’t expect Spurrier to wrap everything up but some idea of what the Spark looks like in practice would be a good starting point. All I’ve seen of the Spark so far is Kurt lamenting about it and a whistle stop tour of Legion’s giant psychic community centre.
    But this was solved last issue. Respect this sacred land. The Sacred Land is also the mutants themselves. Mutants cannot kill themselves for fun because that is a tremendous affront to the millions of others still waiting to be resurrected. It is kind of like the human dignity that is at the center of most human rights. Way of X was about developing the three laws to create a culture/religion/body of laws.

So Dust really should be an Omega Level Mutant

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No, normal human words don't apply to muslims for some reason.
    This comment is so wrong, for so many reasons
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This comment is so wrong, for so many reasons
    It could not more clearly be sarcasm.

I think that tease at the end confirms that the resurrection protocols are gone. It explains why Blindfold is allowed on Krakoa but apparently still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    But this was solved last issue. Respect this sacred land. The Sacred Land is also the mutants themselves. Mutants cannot kill themselves for fun because that is a tremendous affront to the millions of others still waiting to be resurrected. It is kind of like the human dignity that is at the center of most human rights. Way of X was about developing the three laws to create a culture/religion/body of laws.
    That doesn't feel like a solution at all. For starters its such a stretch of the language of the law that its ridiculous. It feels like just stating the obvious without going into any depth. Like, no **** everyone shouldn't be killing themselves for fun.

I'm having a hard time putting this into words. The problem is just of such a magnitude and the solution was just common sense? And finger wagging from Nightcrawler? Everyone was disrespecting and ignoring him, so I don't understand why they would suddenly fall in line. There's so much casual death anyway it rings even more hollow. Plus if the reason why they shouldn't leap in front of shotguns is because there's a long line, are they saying that once the line is shorter its OK?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    DC published a Legion comic titled Legionnaires for years, thought.
    And Marvel got away with publishing a comic straight-up called "Legion" in 2018: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/65913/legion_2018_1

If they can get away with "Legion", they can certainly get away with "Legionaries" (not "Legionnaires").

It only matters if DC has copyright to the words “Legionaires” & “Legionnaires”. If not anyone could technically use it. Plus the two publishers seem to have a mutual respect for each other and generally don’t get into tussles.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It only matters if DC has copyright to the words “Legionaires” & “Legionnaires”. If not anyone could technically use it. Plus the two publishers seem to have a mutual respect for each other and generally don’t get into tussles.
    They could just add an "X" somewhere in the name and call it a day. It usually do the trick. something like "Legio-X" or "Le-X-ionaries"(ok this one is weak...but i have seen worst use of the X).

Not to mention if we think a little further why are we suppose to believe david. Lost parents were killed by cortez okay, but did that really breed that much hate in a person, it seems a little extreme. Then on the flip you have david who just murdered a room of people and has been nothing but angry since he returned and some would say he definitely has a deep hate for charles. Also didn't orichis have his brain doing experiments on it? So wouldn't he actually be the more likely canidate to be what corrupted the resurrection protocols especially since during his resurrection everyone was actually on alert and felt some sort of foreboding. Overall it just doesn't make sense imo.

And why did the two xorn's take such a subordinate role to him. They have done all he asked with no question including helping the dude commit mass murder.

edit: had to add the mass part
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-23-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

I did not read the conclusion, so this may be 'answered' but it seems like all of the Patchwork Man stuff was building up before Lost go there. Based on outside knowledge of the conception of this title and the timing of it, I stand by the statement that there were rewrites from early on some things just did not add up correctly in the end.

Incredible Member

Then there has to be an actual issue of copyright infringement involved.

Incredible Member

It's not a copyright issue in the slightest. Only trademark. They're completely different things.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It could not more clearly be sarcasm.

I think that tease at the end confirms that the resurrection protocols are gone. It explains why Blindfold is allowed on Krakoa but apparently still dead.
    Perhaps the protocols are still in effect, including the "no precog rule" and Legion has brought back her personality in his pocket dimension.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    interesting that lost and cortez seems to have taken over the teaching children thing that exodus has been doing. with the ending being set a few months later could this be a sign he might leave krakoa after inferno?
    Hopefully a guy like Exodus will not take Xavier's and Eric's shenanigans lightly when they become plain.I can see him leading a few mutants incensed as he is to become an autonomous enclave if not seeking new mutants to operate in the vein of White Sword of Arrako.Let's wait and see what Inferno brings.