Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Legionaries.. ehh is not that marketing friendly of a title and again with a not so popular cast so Im afraid it wont last past the 5-6 issues again despite good quality.. But hey, there's always the chance for a third season!!

Onslaught being used as an Orchis weapon and simply dismantled.. It was bound to happen and I liked the executvion but Im not sure how the stuck in the 90s fandom will feel about their big bad ass boss being reduced to that.

Also LOL at all the conspiracy theorist claiming Onslaught was the reason all along for the Krakoa status quo and the "death of the dream" direction change of the franchise.

Extraordinary Member

Ugh, I just clued in on "Legion"aries... I don't think people care about a Legion book and actually think more than enough people will pass because of it.

Personally I think they just need to stop dragging in all of these old stories, they do not do anything to enhance them and I cannot see how anyone who is new and enjoying this era feels they are getting a better story because they photoshopped Onslaught into the story instead of a new character that would mean something to the readers now. People like to talk about new stories, new characters and things that they discovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Also LOL at all the conspiracy theorist claiming Onslaught was the reason all along for the Krakoa status quo and the "death of the dream" direction change of the franchise.
    Not sure if this is just some misconception on your part, but if people did think 'Onslaught' was the cause of stuff it may have been because part of the marketing of the book was that it was going to tackle some of the neglected aspects on this new society and then quickly dove into 'Onslaught' did it. Feels like they should just stop saying these books are 'solving/addressing' some sort of issue that they clearly do not intend to and people would go in to them more openly.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do not care how they call that new squad, it is nice to see ForgetMeNot again. I forgot all about him and who didn't? ;-)
    Blindfold seems to be a astal plane or hologram version. Wonder how they will pull that one off.
    With Legion's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Lost's parents were collateral damage on one of Fabian Cortezs escapades.
    Thank you.
    My flag is bacon.

This has been an amazing conclusion. Excited for the Legionnaires.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    interesting that lost and cortez seems to have taken over the teaching children thing that exodus has been doing. with the ending being set a few months later could this be a sign he might leave krakoa after inferno?
    Well I personally think he's the reason for Wanda's dead so he might be in the pit

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    At this point, I don't even know how to guess what role Mercury might play in this anymore. She could be a "villain" at the party, she could be in some solo fight against Loa where they come to realize what happened to them, or she could be in 4 panels of the next two issues with 2 total lines.
    Ha ha. I thought I was being conservative with that last guess. I think Mercury appeared in 5 total panels and had 0 lines.

It was a good enough conclusion. I'm not particularly intrigued by the sequel series, but maybe more information will change my mind.

I really like Bob Q's art. It's just fun to look at everything he's got going on all over every page.

Spurrier always sticks his landings in spectacular fashion.

Ruth alone enough for me to be sold on Legionaires.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Legionaires is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't see DC being ok with Marvel using the name.
    Legionaries.

It's odd, though, that the editors or writer didn't think how close it was to the DC team. Perhaps with enough time between now and it's release they might re-think it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Lost is a new character done right. I've had problems with this book, but Marinette ended up not being one of them.

I didn't think Fabs needed a sympathetic-ish backstory to be redeemed, but the look into his psyche and motivations was great. I'd miss him being a smug jerk though, so I still hope he keeps an edge about him after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    The guy with the gun is Forget-Me-Not.

BTW, did they ever explain WHY Cortez killed Lost's parents?
    Because they were flatscans, probably.
    Sometimes the Acolytes had fun killing human civilians, like when Unuscione, Frenzy and Kleinstock murdered Sharon Friedlander and then attempted genetic cleansing on a group of human children plus one mutant child with down syndrome.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

At least Mercury and Loa got to start over, and Quinn's art was lovely as always.

Amazing Member

Great ending for Spurrier's first "chapter". Not sure his new X-book is gonna sell enough to get a sustained run (unless it's also a planned mini) but I'm on all in on him writing during this Krakoan Era.

As others have pointed out, interesting that the time skip had:

No Exodus talking to the mutant children
    Still talk about being a Council
    Precogs will be allowed to come back post-Inferno (Blindfold is on the new team)

The Legionaries is a horrible name for a book, I wonder if they give it a more marketing friendly title.

Mighty Member

Spurrier’s writing and ideas aren’t for me. Between his X-force, Way of X and this, I don’t think I’ll be picking up any of his titles. Maybe he’s too smart and I don’t get it? I just found all of this not exciting or entertaining for myself.

in the Coming Soon...THAT looks an Awfully LOT like a Ghostly Blindfold!!! The issue was Great and I love the Idea of The Spark (just bc of how simple it is), but that Coming Soon that appears to show Blindfold...THAT gave me goosebumps
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Because they were flatscans, probably.
    Sometimes the Acolytes had fun killing human civilians, like when Unuscione, Frenzy and Kleinstock murdered Sharon Friedlander and then attempted genetic cleansing on a group of human children plus one mutant child with down syndrome.
    I would bet that they were killed in the Acolytes Attack on a Hospital back at the start of Fatal Attractions in X-Factor #92. I actually remembered that off the top of my head...but that was the 1st X-Men Crossover for me.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.