Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was an interesting issue. The resolution to the Onslaught plot was good. I like Lost and I think it's cool that she's being given the role of outreach, Fabian can choke though. The biggest problem with the issue is that I'm still not sure what the big revelation about "the spark" is supposed to be, or what exactly the Altar/House of L does that can't be achieved anywhere else on Krakoa. So that bit was kind of a disappointment, and as a result I'm not sure what to think of the Legionaries, and a little confused about just what their purpose is. Sick line up though. I don't really care for Quinn's art style.

Was anyone hoping that the whole resurrection process was going to be nullified with this issue? For a moment it looked possible. I guess they're saving that for Inferno. Either way, I have a feeling in a few months, it'll be "No More Resurrections"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Was anyone hoping that the whole resurrection process was going to be nullified with this issue? For a moment it looked possible. I guess they're saving that for Inferno. Either way, I have a feeling in a few months, it'll be "No More Resurrections"
    That would have been reckless af, imagine had he killed all of the New X-Men kids again just to prove a point, no thank you.
    Last edited by Milici; 09-22-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kurt looking large and in charge.
    C10E4886-312F-4F15-8B33-B1756211E0D7.jpg

This was another book hyped up with answering big questions and then punted on all of them. I suspected Onslaught would get taken out like a chump, and he did. Onslaught being around because of Orchis combined with the punting of the big issues just rubbed me the wrong way. See, its all the HUMANS fault everything was bad!

I really really really hated how they handled Lost. This was yet another case where a victim in an X book was basically told/forced to forgive their abuser while the abuser largely gets off scott free. Yes I know she says she doesn't forgive him but doesn't hate him. It felt like splitting hairs. Its just uncomforable for me.

They can give it as many fancy capitalized Proper Noun titles as they like, but all 'the Spark' sounds like is basic human decency 101. The kind of thing you learn from watching Barney and Nick Jr. Its silly that its treated like a big revelation and the solution to the moral rot in Krakoa.

Its honestly not a terrible story. Just disappointing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Legionaires is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I can't see DC being ok with Marvel using the name.
    Legionaries, not Legion. And if Marvel got away with Wonder Man...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Oh no, anything that big would happen in Inferno.

Maybe that's why they're more comfortable with humans like Cain hanging around, and why Blindfold is back?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This was another book hyped up with answering big questions and then punted on all of them. I suspected Onslaught would get taken out like a chump, and he did. Onslaught being around because of Orchis combined with the punting of the big issues just rubbed me the wrong way. See, its all the HUMANS fault everything was bad!

I really really really hated how they handled Lost. This was yet another case where a victim in an X book was basically told/forced to forgive their abuser while the abuser largely gets off scott free. Yes I know she says she doesn't forgive him but doesn't hate him. It felt like splitting hairs. Its just uncomforable for me.

They can give it as many fancy capitalized Proper Noun titles as they like, but all 'the Spark' sounds like is basic human decency 101. The kind of thing you learn from watching Barney and Nick Jr. Its silly that its treated like a big revelation and the solution to the moral rot in Krakoa.

It should have been Cassandra Nova instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Oh no, anything that big would happen in Inferno.

Maybe that's why they're more comfortable with humans like Cain hanging around, and why Blindfold is back?
    Yeah I noticed her inclusion of the new books' tease page. I can't wait for the craziness to amp up in one week.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

dude, the hype machine on all of these titles have been out of control.

we will never see answers until they completely run out of steam.

maybe we'll get some in INFERNO, like Orchis will finally get dealt with once and for all - but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ruth comming back yea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been an amazing conclusion. Excited for the Legionnaires.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ruth alone enough for me to be sold on Legionaires.
    Just want to echo the above sentiments! I think Way of X / Onslaught Revelation suffered a bit due to compression: I think the large themes and major changed needed in characters like Lost, Cortez, even David and Kurt, would've worked better with more issues in which to undergo real transformation. That being said, I really like the ideas that Si Spurrier brought to this comic; I enjoy his perspective on the Krakoa era, and I enjoy all the characters that he writes -- with his portrayal of Legion being one of the best things in modern X-Comics.

Speaking of, I really enjoyed the transformation of David's hair. We didn't quite get his Gestalt persona -- something I'm going to clamor for continually -- but it's nice to see the artwork indicating that he's feeling pretty composed these days in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Great ending for Spurrier's first "chapter". Not sure his new X-book is gonna sell enough to get a sustained run (unless it's also a planned mini) but I'm on all in on him writing during this Krakoan Era.

As others have pointed out, interesting that the time skip had:

No Exodus talking to the mutant children
    Still talk about being a Council
    Precogs will be allowed to come back post-Inferno (Blindfold is on the new team)
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    in the Coming Soon...THAT looks an Awfully LOT like a Ghostly Blindfold!!! The issue was Great and I love the Idea of The Spark (just bc of how simple it is), but that Coming Soon that appears to show Blindfold...THAT gave me goosebumps
    Regarding Exodus: I do see it as a real loss that he didn't have a role in this book. He still seems to me to be a perfect fit, given the central themes and the characters utilized. I think he could've been a fantastic devil to Kurt's angel. But what's done is done.

What's exciting now is what's coming!

I literally gasped when I saw the preview at the end. And Blindfold was the LAST character I saw!

Believe me, nothing makes me more stoked than seeing the love story between David and Ruth continue under the pen of Si Spurrier -- but the inclusion of the JUGGERNAUT is pretty crazy and exciting! I really enjoyed his last miniseries, and in general I kind of like the fact that he doesn't really have a clear place in the Marvel Universe right now, including whether he's feeling particularly heroic or villainous at any given point.

The whole team looks great. I'm excited for Forget-Me-Not, and I'm excited for Forget-Me-Not. The whole team looks great.

-Pav, who's excited for Forget-Me-Not...

PS: I almost forgot to mention that I really like the notion of the Spark. To some degree, it reminds me of Ralph Waldo Emerson's notions of transcendentalism: that being in tune with one's nature (which is itself part of Nature) and striving towards one's conception of achievement and meaning is the hallmark of a healthy human being -- mentally, emotionally, spiritually. But Spurrier mixes into the Spark themes prevalent in the X-Mythos: the notion of change and adaptability. So, we get this metaphor for renewal: the Spark. We get this metaphor for surprise: the Spark.

It's really quite nice.

-Pav, who recalls that "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-22-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    maybe we'll get some in INFERNO, like Orchis will finally get dealt with once and for all - but who knows
    While I have felt the X-team has told some fibs in this era to keep up charades, there have been comments that Orchis is actually going to be cemented as the common enemy post-Hickman and some of the books already look to be moving in that direction.

So, if you like the X-books then I hope you like more Orchis.

I really hope that they were just talking fancy and 'Congregation' isn't Dusts' new name. Dust is pretty bad, but that's a lot worse.

reading spark just makes me want to say. "LETS ROLL OUT!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I really hope that they were just talking fancy and 'Congregation' isn't Dusts' new name. Dust is pretty bad, but that's a lot worse.
    Yeah, that's "Prestige" levels of terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    reading spark just makes me want to say. "LETS ROLL OUT!"
    At least it isn't "Before time began, there was.... the Cube."

I was a bit bored by this issue, outside of Cortez's admission of his own mediocrity and Onslaught deleting the Cerebro backups. Nightcrawler deserves better.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"