View Poll Results: Would You Prefer Sony Keep The Rights, Or Lose Them?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would prefer they lose them

11 23.91%
  • I would prefer they keep them.

20 43.48%
  • I’m good either way.

15 32.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

This is a no brainer for me, under Sony we have the raimi trilogy and itsv.

Personally if it meant Spider-man focus games on other consoles and not just the PS then yes i would like to see them lose the rights.

BTW, and i know this may not be the place for it but i have to ask, we know Sony has Spidey locked in for PS5 but does that apply to the in development Wolverine game as well or does that have a shot to appear on other systems besides teh PS5.

I only support Sony's ownership of the Spider-Man movie rights because of the Raimi films...and because they're not Disney. Still patiently waiting for Raimi's Spider-Man 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Personally if it meant Spider-man focus games on other consoles and not just the PS then yes i would like to see them lose the rights.

BTW, and i know this may not be the place for it but i have to ask, we know Sony has Spidey locked in for PS5 but does that apply to the in development Wolverine game as well or does that have a shot to appear on other systems besides teh PS5.
    The games and movies are different deals. Marvel approached them about making a Spider-Man game independent of whatever movie deal they have.

And Wolverine will only be on Playstation. The Wolverine game is being made by Insomniac (who are also making the current Spidey games), which is a Sony-owned vide game development studio.

We need to see someone else adapt Spider-Man with full control (no joint ventures like the current Sony/Marvel deal) to be able to give a full accurate answer to this question.