Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    If I learned anything from this book, it's that being evil is a perfectly acceptable way of conducting business, so long as you're commercially appealing. And that nice people finish last. And that it's okay to lose your temper and attack people.
    Facts, and the fact it lacked nuance made it worse.

I expected X-corp to be like the X-men issue where Charles, Magneto, Apocalypse go to meet world leaders.This was a massive disappointment.

This was a fun jaunt and an interest look at a specific corner of the X-World that we don't tend to see. I don't think it was amazing in executing its ideas, but the ideas were there -- and I especially enjoyed the focus on a few of my favorite C-Listers

Hopefully the concept can be picked up and utilized more effectively elsewhere when the Krakoa era goes into its second epoch.

-Pav, who misses a Layla Miller that you can't quite trust...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Monet was hands down the worst part of this terrible book.

It was pathetic how the fight between the Fenris and Archengel and Monet went. It had no fight choreography and I felt like they were just letting the Fenris escape. I remember a time when Archangel was a biiig threat.

I won't miss this one. It is almost as bad as Fallen Angels.

So what was the goal/mission statement of X-Corp. Can some give real details about what this series brought to the Krakoa era?

I love Monet. I love David Aja. I like Madrox. I've been been trade waiting this but maybe I should just pass it all together. I was really hoping the HiX-Men would be a strong Monet era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So what was the goal/mission statement of X-Corp. Can some give real details about what this series brought to the Krakoa era?
    I genuinely don't know. They didn't have like a mission statement or goal. We watched them set up the board of X corp but have no idea what X corp even does besides vague business. That and abuse their powers and money to get what they want. I don't know what we were supposed to take away from all this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I genuinely don't know. They didn't have like a mission statement or goal. We watched them set up the board of X corp but have no idea what X corp even does besides vague business. That and abuse their powers and money to get what they want. I don't know what we were supposed to take away from all this.
    Glad I didn’t invest in this series. I bought issue one, but for me it’s like “who are any of these characters?”. I think Tini wrote the little lunch scene in the Empyre mini well, but she’s not a good writer. Her ideas are good at times, but she fumbles all the time. Even when an issue of Excalibur is good, it’s not really.. it’s just better than most.

As someone said above, I would have enjoyed a series that was like the dinner Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse had. The board really should have been made up with mutants that are heavy hitters in the corporate world.

This is the last issue correct? Very poor series imo on all fronts. I guess they can’t all be winners.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I will say that Trinary was better here than she was in her debut book. Which was definitely... a book she was in. I wouldn't be too upset if a future book abducted her for their own stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I will say that Trinary was better here than she was in her debut book. Which was definitely... a book she was in. I wouldn't be too upset if a future book abducted her for their own stories.
    Didn’t she debut in X-Men Red? I thought that series was pretty good, definitely better than this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Didn’t she debut in X-Men Red? I thought that series was pretty good, definitely better than this.
    The series was better than X-Corp, but Trinary was cringey as hell in it. She overshadowed much of the team, unironically tried to censor the internet, weaponized hatemail and troll messages, and had this flaccid attempt at a romance with Gentle. It read like Taylor desperately trying to make his OC relevant, and letting out some grievances he had about being cyberbullied or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    It was pathetic how the fight between the Fenris and Archengel and Monet went. It had no fight choreography and I felt like they were just letting the Fenris escape. I remember a time when Archangel was a biiig threat.

I won't miss this one. It is almost as bad as Fallen Angels.
    Tell me why I liked Fallen Angels more… maybe cause it was clear then FA was a Kwannon solo and I lowered my expectations very quickly. Honestly if it had better art it’d probably be considered a mid-tier book because it at least had a clear start and end goal.

This book had me scratching my head the whole time. Did any character really have an arc? Angel just got pushed around and somehow fell upward to be the head of X-Corps. Monet was just a bully, but not in the endearing “I’m a b*tch” way just in a “bad person” way. Selene and Mastermind actually believing in Krakoa’s dream was a cool end goal, but everything leading up to that was them being the same evil people they’ve always been. Madrox acted like an ass to his family and just because they showed up to his resurrection everything is fine? Wind Dancer got to show up I guess? Trinary did alright for herself, but Warren’s reasons for disliking her never made sense to me in the first place.

This was certainly a book that happened. So gripping that by the end readers still couldn't discern the difference between X-Corp and X-Corps.

To think I spent months ansiously speculating what this book and cast would be like. Remember when it was announced that Carmen Carnero would be drawing it? She lowkey dodged a bullet.