Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I read X-Corps first every month because it's the worst X Book.

But seriously, the covers and art are the only thing keeping me going on this book.

I dont use the word often but this was just "awful" from first page to last. The fight scenes came off like a bugs bunny/ roadrunner episode. And i agree with the person who basically said the lesson here is all business peope are evil and its okay cause hey, its business. I dont know what corporate world tini worked in but if this is what she had to blatantly deal with then girl youn should have invested in a lawyer.

And on a side when did madeox become reed and layla become sue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I dont use the word often but this was just "awful" from first page to last. The fight scenes came off like a bugs bunny/ roadrunner episode. And i agree with the person who basically said the lesson here is all business peope are evil and its okay cause hey, its business. I dont know what corporate world tini worked in but if this is what she had to blatantly deal with then girl youn should have invested in a lawyer.

And on a side when did madeox become reed and layla become sue.
    It really does feel like it was a wasted opportunity, even if there were ideas and even issues I liked. I doubt I'll be returning to this series any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It really does feel like it was a wasted opportunity, even if there were ideas and even issues I liked. I doubt I'll be returning to this series any time soon.
    Im really scratching my head over selene trying to be potrayed as an actual vampire too. Like what does syntehtic blood have to do with selene who absorbs life force. Does synthetic blood makes one life force synthetic. Still scratching my head over that one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Im really scratching my head over selene trying to be potrayed as an actual vampire too. Like what does syntehtic blood have to do with selene who absorbs life force. Does synthetic blood makes one life force synthetic. Still scratching my head over that one.
    Selene was basically a new character. I'm baffled they tried to be all "she's a bad girl but she's not NAZI bad. Those are the REAL evil ones!" She literally helped bring the biggest Nazi in Marvel back to life.

If the moral is "all business dealings and people are evil, so its just business", then all the 'Simply Superior' talk is even worse than it was at first. Remember, so much of the entire relaunch is on mutants claiming to be better than humans. Seeing them immediately be just as nasty, abusive and scheming as the worst humans is such a horrible way to take it. They're SUPERIOR, as in, MORE EVIL! MWEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

That's a joke, but not as much of one as I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Selene was basically a new character. I'm baffled they tried to be all "she's a bad girl but she's not NAZI bad. Those are the REAL evil ones!" She literally helped bring the biggest Nazi in Marvel back to life.

If the moral is "all business dealings and people are evil, so its just business", then all the 'Simply Superior' talk is even worse than it was at first. Remember, so much of the entire relaunch is on mutants claiming to be better than humans. Seeing them immediately be just as nasty, abusive and scheming as the worst humans is such a horrible way to take it. They're SUPERIOR, as in, MORE EVIL! MWEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

That's a joke, but not as much of one as I'd like.
    She must not have read coates captain america run.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    And, honestly, that's a drop in a bucket. She's lived for thousands of years off of life-force stolen from thousands of people, and shaped an entire faux Roman city out of the Amazonian highlands and populated it with people kidnapped from their own lives and forced to live out some Roman renn-faire tableau for her amusement for centuries *because she was nostalgic for ancient Rome.* She's ended the lives of thousands and ruined the lives of hundreds more, just in recent memory. And that's not even counting Necrosha.

I love the character of Selene, but so far past irredeemably evil that portraying her as anything other than a bored immortal predator sociopath as far removed from 'mutants' as mutants are from paramecium is doing her a disservice. Krakoa is just an idle diversion for her, and she's, at best, decided to 'play nice' for the brief flickering second it exists in her long, long night.

And Monet, Wind-Dancer and Madrox seemed pretty OOC as well, with Monet being written the worst I've seen in years. Probably Angel as well, who came across as some weird mix of chirpily overconfident, and sanctimonious.

Also OOC, definitely Andreas Strucker, who was low-key turning to heroism as the new Swordsman, in the pages of Thunderbolts, after his abuse at the hands of the Purple Man. (I'm less sure about Trinary. But at this point, the only character that felt 'true' to their original characterization was Andrea Strucker, who was always kind of a supremacist ass.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-23-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And yet the most egregious thing about Selene's appearance in this is the vomitously boring off-the-rack business pant-suit she's wearing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And, honestly, that's a drop in a bucket. She's lived for thousands of years off of life-force stolen from thousands of people, and shaped an entire faux Roman city out of the Amazonian highlands and populated it with people kidnapped from their own lives and forced to live out some Roman renn-faire tableau for her amusement for centuries *because she was nostalgic for ancient Rome.* She's ended the lives of thousands and ruined the lives of hundreds more, just in recent memory. And that's not even counting Necrosha.
    Yes, but that was all artisanal work, done with passion and integrity. Not some industrial low quality genocide.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

She must not have read coates captain america run.
    I think the other writers try to ignore Coates as much as possible. It’s like there’s supposed to be a Wakandan space empire that’s about ten times the size of any existing empire, you’ll see a representative of them turn up in S.W.O.R.D maybe, but all the stories continue to be about the Shi’ar or Kree as usual.

Extraordinary Member

Ngl I just realized that this was Layla's big thing in krakoa and now I'm depressed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think the other writers try to ignore Coates as much as possible. It’s like there’s supposed to be a Wakandan space empire that’s about ten times the size of any existing empire, you’ll see a representative of them turn up in S.W.O.R.D maybe, but all the stories continue to be about the Shi’ar or Kree as usual.
    i dont think they're ignoring the coates runs. al ewing in sword and guardians has brought of the wakanda empire a few times now and will probaly get used more in whatever space stuff he has next, and while it didn't outright say what selene did, the second issue of x corp mentions selene was doing very bad things off the island and i cant imagine what else that's supposed to reference other than the cap story

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Ngl I just realized that this was Layla's big thing in krakoa and now I'm depressed.
    I… hate it here. I don’t know why they tease appearances of limboed characters when they gonna show up in a singular panel and not speak.

On the bright side… I don’t think this forum has ever been so united about disliking a book.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 09-23-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Also OOC, definitely Andreas Strucker, who was low-key turning to heroism as the new Swordsman, in the pages of Thunderbolts, after his abuse at the hands of the Purple Man.
    While it is true that Andreas was trying to reform back then, his portrayal here IS consistent with how he has been portrayed in various books since his resurrection. My theory is that when Baron Strucker had him resurrected he had Andreas brainwashed to erase or suppress his memories of trying to reform. After all, he wouldn't want Andreas resurrected just to turn against him and his values again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I… hate it here. I don’t know why they tease appearances of limboed characters when they gonna show up in a singular panel and not speak.

On the bright side… I don’t think this forum has ever been so united about disliking a book.
    That's the second time I've seen everyone united on something recently. Other one was immediately labeling Captain Krakoa as evil. the Superman-Jesus lighting cinched it.