Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

People seem to forget that for OCs, you get money if they make it to other mediums. That's why Williamson was so hellbent on creating OCs. He got a good amount of money for Godspeed when he appeared on Flash TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    People seem to forget that for OCs, you get money if they make it to other mediums. That's why Williamson was so hellbent on creating OCs. He got a good amount of money for Godspeed when he appeared on Flash TV show.
    Now if only the fans could have enjoyed that appearance as much...

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I think it's sad to say that Wallace should go just because he doesn't bring in sales. The same thing could be said for Bart. His Flash series crash and burn after only 13 issues. And when the Flash TV show premiered on the CW network Barry's personally was obviously inspired by Bart in the comics because Barry traditionally did not act like that at all. Barry in comics before he died in COIE was always kind of rigid and straight forward. Consequently the Flash TV show kind of made Bart irrelevant in comics even though I know he was cast on the show last season.
    I'd say Miller from the DCEU reminds me of a grown up Bart more than Gustin.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-03-2021 at 09:06 AM.

people haven't forgotten, they're just more aware that it's a fan theory/strawman and it's typically not why new characters are created; Tynion pretty much laid out why it's easier for creators to create and work with new characters over established one. adaptations are volatile, you can't really bet on them happening, and they're typically not making life changing bank off of them either. let's not start pushing this narrative.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

I wonder how this works with Wallace. He was obviously meant to be the original Wally West IP. But now that they've retconned him into not being Wally, does that give Venditti, Jensen, and Booth creative credit over him?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    people haven't forgotten, they're just more aware that it's a fan theory/strawman and it's typically not why new characters are created; Tynion pretty much laid out why it's easier for creators to create and work with new characters over established one. adaptations are volatile, you can't really bet on them happening, and they're typically not making life changing bank off of them either. let's not start pushing this narrative.
    Also a creator's contract might mean they're permanently ceding ownership of characters they create. Or it might not... both are possible.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I wonder how this works with Wallace. He was obviously meant to be the original Wally West IP. But now that they've retconned him into not being Wally, does that give Venditti, Jensen, and Booth creative credit over him?
    More likely, he enters a gray area where no one gets paid.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Maybe he has a closer relationship with Reverse Flash. Like The Flash season 1 only genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Maybe he has a closer relationship with Reverse Flash. Like The Flash season 1 only genuine.
    Well, soon or later he will need to have a conversation with Daniel West. Was he still being called Reverse Flash in the Suicide Squad?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Yes, but Daniel's kind of dead.

Not that that means anything but they seem to be sticking with burying Wallace's first few years because of how bad it was.

Daniel creates a lot of crappy, unneeded questions in the Flash family already so I'd rather he stay in the past and be forgotten.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I would let the Daniel part go. Just build Wallace's relationship with the West/Allen family. Also, where is his mother?

Astonishing Member

His mother has never been named, shown, or mentioned outside of Wallace's first, awful arc. Basically the only thing we know about her is she hated the West family (despite naming Wallace after his paternal great grandfather), refused to let Iris or anyone meet him (except Daniel) and that when Forever Evil happened Iris was led to believe that she didn't die but abandoned Wallace when she got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I would let the Daniel part go. Just build Wallace's relationship with the West/Allen family. Also, where is his mother?
    pretty sure his mother is dead, but I'd imagine she has family that may want to reach out. DC creating the omniverse is already resurrecting a bunch of characters. I'm not a fan of frivolous resurrection but I feel Wallace's mother should be brought back and given a fair shake; or at least (as I said earlier) bring in her family. Wallace is mixed, it would be interesting seeing him interact with the black side of his family too. hell, maybe his mother has family ties to another character in the DC universe. like what if his mother was a Hyde or a Pierce or a Stewart or an Everett.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yes, but Daniel's kind of dead.

Not that that means anything but they seem to be sticking with burying Wallace's first few years because of how bad it was.

Daniel creates a lot of crappy, unneeded questions in the Flash family already so I'd rather he stay in the past and be forgotten.
    This is an obstacle. Those first few years are practically the only thing that distinguishes the character and they were crap, so his foundation is never revisited and developed, and all that's left is the similarities he shares with OG Wally. Connecting his mom to an existing family in the DCU isn't a bad idea.

Wallace's drama with his dad is part of the conflict in his relationship with Barry.