Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    There are some nice Jonboy Meyers redesigns out there, from before they settled for a more classic approach.

However, though I see your point, I don't think he needs to stray too far from his current look. Maybe some personality infusions (like Bart's big ass boots at the time), but i don't think we need anything too radical here.
    I prefer the first concept myself.

I think when Wallace first became Kid Flash, wearing a classic version of the costume was a good choice.

But now I think he (and we) are ready for a new, unique look. Something that honors the Flash tradition but is Wallace's own.

I like the Meyers designs, with "A" being my favorite, but Jess Quick is already doing that black-red combo so I'd rather Wallace find his own color scheme.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think when Wallace first became Kid Flash, wearing a classic version of the costume was a good choice.

But now I think he (and we) are ready for a new, unique look. Something that honors the Flash tradition but is Wallace's own.

I like the Meyers designs, with "A" being my favorite, but Jess Quick is already doing that black-red combo so I'd rather Wallace find his own color scheme.
    Yeah, I guess he had a good run with the classic look.

He's been wearing the classic for what, five years?

And I think at this point he's got a fairly well defined personality and the differences between him and Wally are fairly well cemented (relatively speaking). Plenty of work to do to build Wallace into his own fully fleshed out, well rounded character, but he's well on his way I think. So now does seem like a good time to change up his costume as a visual representation of his growth and development.

I don't think it matters all that much if he stays in the costume he has now or changes it, but I think a change could be good for him and if it doesn't work out he can always go back to the classic.

If it's time for Wallace to carve out his own little spot in the Flash family, I think he should have his own look while doing so, yknow? Hard to believe he's growing beyond "bad Wally reboot" when he's still dressing like Wally right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So in his Reddit AMA, Jeremy Adams said he would like to do more with Wallace. This isn't a throwaway answer since he made it clear through his other his other answers if he didn't have plans to introduce some characters like Ira West for instance .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So in his Reddit AMA, Jeremy Adams said he would like to do more with Wallace. This isn't a throwaway answer since he made it clear through his other his other answers if he didn't have plans to introduce some characters like Ira West for instance .
    Sounds good .

A new kind of Flash/Kid Flash team-up where they have the same name .

I wonder if or when the next time the character will be seen in live action.

I wouldn't say no to a Princess Bride prequel about his character.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I misread it as Wallace SHAWN. Carry on.

I think he should move to Milestone universe where he could receive proper love, and focus. I hate that he has to compete with so many other heroes of the same abilities and type. Similar to Batman and Green Lantern mythos.

Extraordinary Member

He’s one of the series up for DC Round Robin 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s one of the series up for DC Round Robin 2022.
    Glad someone cares enough to come up with something for Wallace .

Astonishing Member

The trouble with revamps of legacy characters (ignoring the particularly ridiculous history of this one!) is often that they end up being in 'lost generations'. Somebody will introduce another, fresher, newer, hipper, woker Sidekick Flash and Wally/ace will find himself in the same position as a Connor Kent, Tim Drake, Cassie Sandsmark, and on and on down the line if they don't clearly draw up a place, role, and clearly defined space in all-encompassing either "Flash Storytelling" or "DCU Teams Storytelling".

Now, other than that, I'd say as far as what should be done with Wallace West, is he could really use a nick-name. I'd even settle for a retcon where they just tweak Kid Flash's first name and pretend like the whole Two Wally Problem never happened. Like, can't he just be Will West short for Willis West, instead of Wally short for Wallace? It's a strong name and it's not somebody else's.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

it's 2022, comic fans need to collectively get over Wallace's name; especially given the family he belongs to. he doesn't need a nickname or a name change, Wallace is fine.

what he needs is:
    a) a signature/distinct speed ability or niche within the Flash family
    b) more stories where he is the lead and can be developed
    c) possibly a graduation out of Kid Flash into his own identity (tho this one may be less necessary than a or b)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-29-2022 at 12:35 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Given that Jai now has his own unique power (Speed Force based super punch) and his own code name (Surge), I think the same should go for Wallace.

One niche that I don't think has been explored enough are the planets and cultures that utilize Speed Force. Like the planet Savoth wherein a scientist named Gorflack built a Speed Force canon. What if there are planets that uses Speed Force to achieve light speed travel between galaxies? What if there are planets who learned to use the Speed Force as protective force fields or used it to rapidly develop their technology? Or figured out how out how to use the Speed Force lightning offensively? Or maybe planets that based their technology on the Stillforce? Wallace could be a part of a team of explorers based in STAR Labs traveling to and studying these worlds and getting into trouble along the way.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

How you guys read the summary premise of his DC Round Robin plot?

What do you think about it.