Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

He gets Kryptonite poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, soon or later he will need to have a conversation with Daniel West. Was he still being called Reverse Flash in the Suicide Squad?
    He could be Reverse Kid Flash, Reverse Impulse, Reverse Streak, or Reverse Crimson Tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How you guys read the summary premise of his DC Round Robin plot?

What do you think about it.
    I like the idea of a chase through multiple dimensions. But between Reverse Flash, Parallax and the Sinestro Corps, the premise seems to have too much going on. I ended up voting for it anyway since it sounded more interesting than the Firestorm story. I think Darkseid is overused now.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    He could be Reverse Kid Flash, Reverse Impulse, Reverse Streak, or Reverse Crimson Tornado.
    If he is to have an alternate code name, my suggestion would be Trace.

I don’t know why they don’t use Ace as his nickname. Ace West sounds cool and differentiates him from OG Wally without having to do yet another retcon.
    I think he should still be KF for a while, based in Central City while Wally moved back to Keystone.
    Barry would also live in Central, but would be mostly tied up with multiversal adventures, so Ace would be Central City’s day-to-day protector (getting help from Wally and Barry when needed).
    It would also be fun if they explored his ability to infuse tech with the Speed Force. That could be a good way to start building his own niche and a future new identity.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If he is to have an alternate code name, my suggestion would be Trace.
    You are referring to Daniel, right? That’s who I was talking about.

I feel like Streak or Crimson Tornado would be fine on it's own.

Give him a second name and use that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like Streak or Crimson Tornado would be fine on it's own.
    They both are, but they’re, for all intents and purposes (in my mind anyway), already in use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's 2022, comic fans need to collectively get over Wallace's name; especially given the family he belongs to. he doesn't need a nickname or a name change, Wallace is fine.

what he needs is:
    a) a signature/distinct speed ability or niche within the Flash family
    b) more stories where he is the lead and can be developed
    c) possibly a graduation out of Kid Flash into his own identity (tho this one may be less necessary than a or b)
    The name actually makes less sense the more you know about Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The trouble with revamps of legacy characters (ignoring the particularly ridiculous history of this one!) is often that they end up being in 'lost generations'. Somebody will introduce another, fresher, newer, hipper, woker Sidekick Flash and Wally/ace will find himself in the same position as a Connor Kent, Tim Drake, Cassie Sandsmark, and on and on down the line if they don't clearly draw up a place, role, and clearly defined space in all-encompassing either "Flash Storytelling" or "DCU Teams Storytelling".

Now, other than that, I'd say as far as what should be done with Wallace West, is he could really use a nick-name. I'd even settle for a retcon where they just tweak Kid Flash's first name and pretend like the whole Two Wally Problem never happened. Like, can't he just be Will West short for Willis West, instead of Wally short for Wallace? It's a strong name and it's not somebody else's.
    Teen Titans Academy #13 actually brought this up. Wally feels awkward calling Kid Flash "Wallace", presumably because it's also his own name, and suggests he needs a new nickname. He struggles to think of a good one, though I noticed he didn't suggest Ace.

You're right about the sidekick situation, though they are doing something about it, Young Justice recently had a two year series and has another mini solicited, Cassie's being used in Wonder Girl (though she's not the main star, Yara Flor is) and seems to have a new direction as a detective (she was tracking down Yara and is now investigating Hippolyta's assassination). Tim came out as bisexual in Urban Legends and will be a co-star in Zdarsky's Batman run (Damian has his own book, so Tim was able to reclaim his old sidekick spot!). Conner is one of the nominees in the new Round Robin. Bart's the only one of the four with nothing announced outside of YJ - they seem to be pushing Wallace over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He already has a middle name - and it's ALSO the same as ginger Wally's - Rudolph.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-31-2022 at 03:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You are referring to Daniel, right? That’s who I was talking about.
    No I was thinking of Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Are you referring to his real name or his code name?

The name thing is not a huge problem. Same family, named after the same guy. Most of us probably have relatives with the same name somewhere in the clan tree. Not a huge deal, and that both become a speedster is no weirder than anything else a Flash gets up to. Barry has an evil twin, and even "Flash family cousin" Jesse Quick now has a multiverse variant running around. Cliche family troupes are a Flash staple, right?

Wally. Wallace. Easy enough. We accept alien space men and magic wishing rings as legit ideas, but we're gonna get hung up on the unbelievability of cousins having the same name and going into the same family business?

Still think Wallace has done a decent job of defining himself as his own character, despite the horrific debut. He's met the bare requirements for a sidekick/ensemble character. But I agree he needs some extra something to carve out his own place. A unique "speed force trick" is a must, and is there anything the kid is good at or really enjoys that might be built upon? I only read him in Flash, so I miss a lot with him, and I'm so far behind on Flash right now I barely remember what was going on.

If not, someone once suggested Wallace learning how to share his heightened metabolism and healing factor with others, the way Wally can share (or steal) speed, and I thought that was a great notion. The EMT hero. Seemed like a great hook. Somebody else suggested Wallace learning martial arts and making that a big part of his combat, and conceptually that could be pretty cool too, though I dunno how easy it'd be to write threats for a black belt speedster.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Wallace is the only Flash who’s “evil counterpart” is his father, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No I was thinking of Wallace.
    Well then, yeah, Crimson Tornado.