Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Emma Silverfox, Quicksilver and Banshee from "Origins"

We all know that there were young mutants in the Island facility at the end of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

More specifically:

"Gambit, Cyclops, and Emma were the only credited prisoners of Striker's Island. However, fans have speculated who the other prisoners might be: Quicksilver (white-haired boy who violently thrashes in his cage while bound by elastic straps), Banshee (teen with tape over his mouth), Toad (a boy with an amphibious tongue), Psylocke (an East Asian girl with blue and purple streaks in her hair), Whirlwind (young man spinning as a tornado in his cage, however, other fans believe this to be Riptide), Dust (South Asian girl seen frozen in her cage)."

I know that Origins wasn't filmed with First Class in mind, but let's pretend for a moment that the movies are perfectly lined-up and wired-up in the same continuity, okay? Let's imagine. Thanks.

Origins is set in 1983. "Apocalypse" indeed established Cyclops's age in an undeniable manner. He was 18 in 1983.

The spinning guy must be Whirlwind, because we already got Riptide operating in 1962 (First Class).
    The "Psylocke" version must be the very same one we "later" meet in "The Last Stand" (set in 2000). She's Kwannon. Forget the LS end credits, she's not Psylocke, because we already got the real Psylocke in the altered timeline's 1983 (Apocalypse).

So my wild guess is that Emma Silverfox is Emma Frost's clone created by William Stryker Jr. in the sixties (DOFP established that Emma Frost was captured and killed) and later adopted by Mr. Silverfox, Kayla's father. Adoptive sibling.
    The teen versions of Quicksilver and Banshee are clones too, of course. The real Banshee (First Class) was killed by Stryker in the sixties, while the real Quicksilver (DOFP) could have been killed by Team X down the line too, and that would explain why 2023 Wolverine knew about him and knew about his home address.

I don't think that they are "mutants with similar powers". Ironically speaking, and that's truly cool if you ask me, Stryker's secret files in X2 list two "Cassidys" and two "Maximoffs", without specifically mentioning their birthnames. Retroactive continuity, we can assume that the computer files referred to the clones.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-04-2022 at 06:17 PM.

I was head-canon-ing Emma Silverfox in a similar manner, but I subscribe to the belief that Days of Future's Past works in the same way as the comic did, making the first Trilogy and the Second Trilogy two seperate earths, so much like Rachel's world in the comics don't line up completely with 616, the same happens for both sets of movies. So these can be the "main" universe's version of Quicksilver, Emma, Banshee etc, without affecting the ones that can from the First Class world.

It removes most of the hiccups and nothing on screen contradicts this reading. Only the interviews do, I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I was head-canon-ing Emma Silverfox in a similar manner, but I subscribe to the belief that Days of Future's Past works in the same way as the comic did, making the first Trilogy and the Second Trilogy two seperate earths, so much like Rachel's world in the comics don't line up completely with 616, the same happens for both sets of movies. So these can be the "main" universe's version of Quicksilver, Emma, Banshee etc, without affecting the ones that can from the First Class world.

It removes most of the hiccups and nothing on screen contradicts this reading. Only the interviews do, I think.
    I know where you're coming from, my friend. You assume that the "First Class" world was an alternate Earth from the start...?
    Originally, the movie was intended as a "soft reboot".
    Otherwise, my explanation is 100% spot on. Because according to the head canon, the "First Class" movie occurred in both the timelines, and each event preceeding 1973 occurred in both the timelines.

On a side note:

DOFP Toad was Origins/X1 Toad's father.
    The "Angel"/Archangel in "Apocalypse" wasn't Warren Worthington III, but a Cheyarafim.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Are you talking the movies? Yeesh Silver fox was one of Logans old loves and native american. Gosh, I have really came to hate the FOX films. Sorry to burst peoples bubbles.

BANNED

Different opinions.

We were talking about Emma Silverfox, not Kayla Silverfox.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    let's pretend for a moment that the movies are perfectly lined-up and wired-up in the same continuity, okay? Let's imagine. Thanks.
    I prefer the game of "Let's Pretend X-Men Origins: Wolverine" never existed. Things make far more sense if you do given there would be two Emma Frosts, two Cyclops', and a bunch of problems. Clones are too easy of way of of trying to explain things, and they don't really make sense either. The gymnastics to try and make this make sense is Kurt level.

That's why I always go with the cleanest version of two different timelines that collided into each other through Kitty/Logan.

Wolverine Orines - X-Men - X-2 - Last Stand - Days of Future Past

First Class - Days of Future Past - Apocalypse - Dark Phoenix

And potentially, everything else (Deadpool 1&2, New Mutants, Logan, Legion and The Gifted) taking place in different branches of the timeline.

BANNED

That's why I always go with the cleanest version of two different timelines that collided into each other through Kitty/Logan.

Wolverine Orines - X-Men - X-2 - Last Stand - Days of Future Past

First Class - Days of Future Past - Apocalypse - Dark Phoenix

And potentially, everything else (Deadpool 1&2, New Mutants, Logan, Legion and The Gifted) taking place in different branches of the timeline.
    The New Mutants belongs to the "Beginnings" timeline. It's set one decade after "Dark Phoenix". Deadpool, Logan, Legion and Gifted are four more alternate universes, indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I prefer the game of "Let's Pretend X-Men Origins: Wolverine" never existed. Things make far more sense if you do given there would be two Emma Frosts, two Cyclops', and a bunch of problems. Clones are too easy of way of of trying to explain things, and they don't really make sense either. The gymnastics to try and make this make sense is Kurt level.
    There are tons of clones in the comics.

Wolverine Oranges happened during Moira IV.

The New Mutants belongs to the "Beginnings" timeline. It's set one decade after "Dark Phoenix". Deadpool, Logan, Legion and Gifted are four more alternate universes, indeed.
    I still haven't watch New Mutants (it's now on Disney+ so I plan to this weekend) but it was my understanding that there's no set dates in it. I remember that original it was supposed to be around the 80s or 90s, referencing the other movies but they had removed those after Dark Phoenix did poorly.

Ultimately I'll have to see it to see if it lines up, but it seemed a safer bet to say is mostly unconnected strongly to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wolverine Oranges happened during Moira IV.
    >_> I hate when I read online ideas that are so perfect that it saddens me that they may never be a canon.

Different opinions.

We were talking about Emma Silverfox, not Kayla Silverfox.
    Yes, a SilverFox. How many people are called Silverfox? It should be seen as a travesty. She is supposed to be Emma Frost? But has a NA characters last name? A 616 character? FOX is d- u- m- b.

I mean how random is this?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yes, a SilverFox. How many people are called Silverfox? It should be seen as a travesty. She is supposed to be Emma Frost? But has a NA characters last name? A 616 character? FOX is d- u- m- b.

I mean how random is this?

Technically speaking she's not called Silverfox in the movie, nor is she credited as such (She's Kayla's sister in the credits). She's only named in this promo video, where she goes by Emma Frost

So, there's a couple of theories on what they were going to do here. Kayla could've been lying about their relationship (Which she lied about many things to Logan so it's not a stretch.) or Emma was adopted into this family for some reason.

Originally this was supposed to lead into First Class, where Emma and most of these kids were going to be the first group before the concept was retooled with the Magneto Origins movie into what became First Class.

Technically speaking she's not called Silverfox in the movie, nor is she credited as such (She's Kayla's sister in the credits). She's only named in this promo video, where she goes by Emma Frost

So, there's a couple of theories on what they were going to do here. Kayla could've been lying about their relationship (Which she lied about many things to Logan so it's not a stretch.) or Emma was adopted into this family for some reason.

Originally this was supposed to lead into First Class, where Emma and most of these kids were going to be the first group before the concept was retooled with the Magneto Origins movie into what became First Class.
    Yes and its even dumber. That makes no sense. But still you see her as Silver Fox. If not you would not have caller her that.