Astonishing Member

Default Will there be a X-MEN Life Story for its 60th Anniversary, which Creative Team?

Next year is the 60th Anniversary, and would their be a X-MEN Life Story. The Spider-man one was so great athough the Fantastic Four one wasn't as good. How would you like it to be done. I think up to the 70s the First generation with Scott, Jean, Warren, Hank, and Bobby could still aged in real time to when we get to the Giant-size team but after, it will get tricky though we can still have the New Mutants in the 80s. Should it be told in the Perspective of Scott? What writer and artist would be great on the job. As we progress to the future would things get optimistic or go to another X-men dark future as we reach the 2000s, or a balance as the other life stories ended. Also what real world events would be reference. Obviously the Cold war, bring Colossus as a student from the Soviet Union would be controversial at the 70s. The Reagan administration and AIDS pandemic would not be kind to discriminated groups which would include mutants here. What major X-MEN events would be cover in each decade. I can see the 2000s being more bleak with Decimation happening and 2010s being more uplifting, of course certain liberties will be taken how certain characters Ages. Xavier Moira and Magneto will probably be too old to start Krakoa in the late 2010s. Yeah so many possibilites, I figure it would be a good discussion here. and there's the question which X-writer and X-artist who worked in the mutant books would you like to be up to the task. I think Alan Davis would do well, in terms of writers, well maybe Mike Carey, Chris Claremont, Fabian Nicieza,? Also what if instead or separate a Wolverine Life Story that spans more decades, now thats another thing to think about, maybe by Larry Hama?

BANNED

I would love to see a another life story by Zdarsky with X-Men or Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I would love to see a another life story by Zdarsky with X-Men or Wolverine
    Yeah I’d love if it was done by Zdarksy or another writer that hasn’t had an extensive X-run before.

What’d be cool about this Life Story is that the younger generations of mutants (New Mutants, Gen X, Academy X) could actually grow up and permanently join the team. Older characters would eventually retire like Claremont originally intended.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’d love if it was done by Zdarksy or another writer that hasn’t had an extensive X-run before.

What’d be cool about this Life Story is that the younger generations of mutants (New Mutants, Gen X, Academy X) could actually grow up and permanently join the team. Older characters would eventually retire like Claremont originally intended.
    I can imagine the original 5 being Elderly by the time Krakoa is established. Xavier and Magneto would have passed away either through old age or killed in a life death battle. however yeah Resurrection Protocols reviving people back to their prime will kinda put a hiccup so its better not to explore that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Still trying to figure out how Shuri and Franklin hooked up in FF Life Story.
    "Cable was right!"

Definitely Kurt Busiek and Stuart Immonen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

X-Men would be so good for this since there are real generations of characters to rotate through.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Still trying to figure out how Shuri and Franklin hooked up in FF Life Story.
    Well, in an X-Men: Life Story he'd probably end up with Rachel as it should be.

Astonishing Member

Mark Bagley who did Spidey Life Story and Alan Davis sort has a similar feel in their art, and since Davis has a constant presence in the Mutant books since the 80s, I feel he would be perfect for this possible X-Men Life Story.

Emma hiding from an X-Men: Life Story where her real age will be exposed

BANNED

Claremont with Romita Jr.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Claremont with Romita Jr.
    Claremont would be a good writer to do it especially since his X-TEAMS during his long first run were mean't to evolved. Hell Scott was suppose retired and live happily after in the 80s before Shooter decided X-FACTOR and Jean needed to come back. but JRJR is occupied with Amazing right now probably and to be honest, his art hasn't been that good lately, especially his DC work, it did improved in the preview pages on his upcoming Amazing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Emma hiding from an X-Men: Life Story where her real age will be exposed
    You've been watching Euphoria, too? Besides that, yeah, I'd love an X-Men: Life Story, too, and given some of the parallels between Spider-Man and the X-Men (both teenaged when they started out, both viewed with fear and suspicion, if not outright hatred, by the world at large despite trying to do good), it's a wonder to me that Zdarsky squeezed in Fantastic Four and Avengers characters, though the X-Men or mutants aren't even referenced as far as I can recall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.