Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yes and its even dumber. That makes no sense. But still you see her as Silver Fox. If not you would not have caller her that.
    It's just a shorthand to tell her apart from First Class Emma, we could easily call her Origins Emma and it would be the same, it's a description more than her official name.

I mean, I'm not going to hold it against this movie that their original plans fell apart. We really have no context on where this story was going to go now, so it seems moot to get angry about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I still haven't watch New Mutants (it's now on Disney+ so I plan to this weekend) but it was my understanding that there's no set dates in it. I remember that original it was supposed to be around the 80s or 90s, referencing the other movies but they had removed those after Dark Phoenix did poorly.

Ultimately I'll have to see it to see if it lines up, but it seemed a safer bet to say is mostly unconnected strongly to anything.
    There are some Buffy DVDs in the movie, and the guys watch the show. TNM should be set in 2003 or 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    There are some Buffy DVDs in the movie, and the guys watch the show. TNM should be set in 2003 or 2004.
    Oh really? Sweet.

BANNED

So, there's a couple of theories on what they were going to do here. Kayla could've been lying about their relationship (Which she lied about many things to Logan so it's not a stretch.) or Emma was adopted into this family for some reason.
    If memory serves me well, she is called "Emma" in the movie. She's white and blond, so surely they adopted her. And we can assume that she was a clone created by Project WideAwake. I found it quite unlikely to think that Emma Frost had a love affair with Mr. Silverfox in 1964 or so. She was a terrorist on the loose at the time, because Magneto had been captured in November 1963.

Emma Silverfox should be 19 (in 1983).

BANNED

Oh really? Sweet.
    Yes, that's very cool. They are big fans of the show. And they are given DVDs of it. As simple as that, assuming Colossus is Magik's brother, and taking in account Sunspot's age in DOFP (2023), the movie is set in 2003 or 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    If memory serves me well, she is called "Emma" in the movie. She's white and blond, so surely they adopted her. And we can assume that she was a clone created by Project WideAwake. I found it quite unlikely to think that Emma Frost had a love affair with Mr. Silverfox in 1964 or so. She was a terrorist on the loose at the time, because Magneto had been captured in November 1963.

Emma Silverfox should be 19 (in 1983).
    Yeah she is called Emma in the movie, you're right. But my point is that they go out of the way to not give her the last name Silverfox, including in promo material, so yeah I doubt she was her sister by blood or as stated her sister in any way. I think Kayla was indeed lying to get Logan to help her free Emma.

Incidently, I often wondered if this timeline is tied to the Gifted that this Emma was maybe also a first attempt at cloning that later resulted in the Frost Sisters.

BANNED

Yeah she is called Emma in the movie, you're right. But my point is that they go out of the way to not give her the last name Silverfox, including in promo material, so yeah I doubt she was her sister by blood or as stated her sister in any way. I think Kayla was indeed lying to get Logan to help her free Emma.

Incidently, I often wondered if this timeline is tied to the Gifted that this Emma was maybe also a first attempt at cloning that later resulted in the Frost Sisters.
    Yes, they are not sisters.

No, the Gifted timeline/universe is not strictly related. But there's some "resonance" in play here, Emma is destined to be cloned in all timelines.

My only problem with the "Clone Theory" is that clones grow up at a normal pace, and the Quicksilver one looks 12 or so. So when did they steal genetic material from "our" DOFP/APOC/DP Quicksilver? In 1970? Quite unlikely.

Incredible Member

Don't try to make the garbage Fox timeline make sense, they contradict eachother in every movie. The last 3 took place in the 70`s, 80`s and 90´s and the cast didn't age one bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Don't try to make the garbage Fox timeline make sense, they contradict eachother in every movie. The last 3 took place in the 70`s, 80`s and 90´s and the cast didn't age one bit.
    Cinematic mutants of the Foxverse age slower and better than humans. At this point, it's canon. Not at the same level of Wolverine and Mystique, but they age slower and better.

For instance: Cyclops was born in 1965, and he was 58 at the very end of DOFP.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So, who is the real Emma? The FC one or the Origins one?

Incredible Member

maybe it was the friends we made along the way.

If we go by multiverse theory, they are both Emma and just exist in different timelines, one being born earlier to adjust the ages.

If they are in the same timeline, then First Class Emma was probably the original and this one is a daughter or clone. Origins Emma didn't appear to have telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    maybe it was the friends we made along the way.
    Also a valid theory.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Origins Emma had her diamond form though. If that's your theory she was cloned then. That it was only one of her abilities or if it's really her daughter she just got one of her abilities. Well, whatever. Thanks.

BANNED

Emma Silverfox became an X-Man in the Nineties, Emma Frost belonged to the Brotherhood of Mutants. So we all cheer for the Silverfox one anyway!

Origins Emma had her diamond form though. If that's your theory she was cloned then. That it was only one of her abilities or if it's really her daughter she just got one of her abilities. Well, whatever. Thanks.
    You're welcome. Probably, even FC Emma Frost first manifested only her diamond form. Telepathy was a secondary mutation.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 09-23-2021 at 05:03 AM.

BANNED

..........clones created by MR. ESSEX and his company? XM: Apocalypse made that canon (see the post-credits scene).