Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Sorry I have Been Behind on Posting My List, but will try to catch up on letting you all know how I am doing! =)

1.) Billy the Kid Versus Dracula (1966) ~ Amazon Prime
    2.) Count Dracula (1970) ~ Amazon Prime
    3.) Count Yorga, Vampire (1970) ~ Amazon Prime

4.) Blacula (1972) ~ Amazon Prime

5.) Scream Blacula Scream (1973) ~ Amazon Prime

6.) Count Dracula's Great Love (1973) ~ Amazon Prime

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cool

7.) Bram Stoker's Dracula (Dan Curtis’ Dracula) (1974) ~ Amazon Prime

8.) Dracula (1979) ~ Amazon Prime

9.) Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) ~ PEACOCK

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

My List:
    1) Maximum Overdrive (1986)
    2) No One Gets Out Alive (2021)
    3) Pet Sematary (1989)
    4) My Heart Can't Beat Unless You Tell It To (2020)
    5) Tales From the Darkside: The Movie (1990)
    6) It (1990)
    7) Graveyard Shift (1990)
    8) Misery (1990)
    9) Sometimes They Come Back (1991)
    10) The Lawnmower Man (1992)
    11) The Power (2021)

12) Stephen King's The Dark Half (1993). Hutton's good, but it's an otherwise mediocre King adaptation.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

7.) Bram Stoker's Dracula (Dan Curtis’ Dracula) (1974) ~ Amazon Prime
    8.) Dracula (1979) ~ Amazon Prime
    9.) Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) ~ PEACOCK

10.) The Bloody Vampire (1962) ~ Amazon Prime

11.) Vampyr (1932) ~ Amazon Prime

12.) Black Sunday(The Mask of Satan/The Mask of the Demon) (1960) ~ Amazon Prime

Fantastic Member

46. Night Of The Living Dead (1968) - The George Romero classic the defined the modern zombie movie. A small group of people barricade themselves inside an isolated farmhouse as it is surrounded by a growing number of the recently resurrected dead with a craving for the flesh of the living. Will they manage to make it through the night and survive the onslaught, or will tensions within their ranks tear them apart before the undead? Because of an oversight by the distributor, copyright notices were not included on the prints, essentially placing the film in the public domain from the beginning. It almost seems like a running gag at this point that if there's a TV on in any horror movie it will be playing Night Og The Living Dead, I watched three movies within a week featuring this trope, two of which I'd never seen before.

47. The Lords Of Salem (2012) - Probably Rob Zombie's most original and ambitious, imo, efforts as a filmmaker to date, it dispenses with his usual menagerie of redneck trailer park caricatures for a more grounded and relatable cast of characters, which is quite a departure from form itself. A radio DJ in Salem is targeted by three witches for retribution because of her family connection to the witch trials of the late 1600s. I've said it numerous times, but there are several scenes that come off looking cheap and laughable, and work to the film's detriment.

48. Lords Of Chaos (2018) - Decided to have a "Lords Of" double feature today. Lords Of Chaos, based on the book of the same name, is loosely tagged as a horror/thriller, though I'd call it more a dramatized biography. The film delves into the events surrounding the band Mayhem, their inner circle, and to a lesser extent the development of Norwegian Black Metal in the late 80s and early 90s, which devolved into suicide, the burning and destruction of several historic churches, and ultimately murder. The horror is in knowing all this took place in real life.

49. Demons (1985) - Produced by Dario Argento and directed by Lamberto Bava, a movie audience is viewing a film which gives away the premise of the film we're watching, a demon mask transforms the wearer into a demon who can then transform others. As the demon numbers increase and those of the survivors dwindle, the unaffected barricade themselves inside the theater, while others attempt to escape the building.

My List:
    3) Pet Sematary (1989)
    6) It (1990)
    8) Misery (1990)
    11) The Power (2021)
    12) The Dark Half (1993)

13) Stephen King's Needful Things (1993). Never liked this one. No problem with the premise, but even with all underhandedness and killing it's just so dull.
    Conn Seanery

1. Isle of the Dead (1945)
    2a. The Vampire Bat (1933)
    2b. The Body Snatcher (1945)
    3a. The Thing (1982)
    3b. The Old Dark House (1932)
    3c. Freaked (1993)
    4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
    5. Wishmaster (1997)
    6. Jason X (2001)
    7. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
    8a. Dracula (Spanish version) (1931)
    8b. Count Dracula (1977)
    8c. Terror Train (1980)
    9. The Plague of the Zombies (1966)
    10a. Deadly Friend (1986)
    10b. Kiss of the Vampire (1963)
    10c. Braindead / Dead Alive (1992)
    11. The Deadly Spawn (1983)
    12a. Frankenstein Unbound (1990)
    12b. It's Alive (1974)
    12c. The Bad Seed (1956)
    13. Young Frankenstein (1974)
    14. Halloween Kills (2021)

Went all-invisible today:

15a. The Invisible Man Returns (1940)

Good movie, but it's a stretch to call it horror. Vincent Price plays a man framed for murder, who escapes execution thanks to the invisibility serum provided by his friend, the brother of Claude Rains from the first movie. The special effects for the time were nuts.

15b. Hollow Man (2000)

Decent enough slasher movie, but not any more than that. Nothing especially clever is done with the invisibility, either by the killer or the ones trying to catch him. By the end, Kevin Bacon is just a semi-visible Jason Voorhees; not killed by things that should have killed him and able to appear wherever he needs to.

1. Isle of the Dead (1945)
    2a. The Vampire Bat (1933)
    2b. The Body Snatcher (1945)
    3a. The Thing (1982)
    3b. The Old Dark House (1932)
    3c. Freaked (1993)
    4. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
    5. Wishmaster (1997)
    6. Jason X (2001)
    7. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
    8a. Dracula (Spanish version) (1931)
    8b. Count Dracula (1977)
    8c. Terror Train (1980)
    9. The Plague of the Zombies (1966)
    10a. Deadly Friend (1986)
    10b. Kiss of the Vampire (1963)
    10c. Braindead / Dead Alive (1992)
    11. The Deadly Spawn (1983)
    12a. Frankenstein Unbound (1990)
    12b. It's Alive (1974)
    12c. The Bad Seed (1956)
    13. Young Frankenstein (1974)
    14. Halloween Kills (2021)
    15a. The Invisible Man Returns (1940)
    15b. Hollow Man (2000)

16a. The Undying Monster (1942)

I first heard about this movie in an earlier version of this very thread! It's not quite in Universal's league, but not bad. It is one of those "no monster until the end" flicks, but at least it isn't also a complete Scooby Doo ending.

16b. The Brain (1988)

A solid Canadian homage to 50s B-movie sci fi/horror. The actors all stunk and the movie was pretty boring in between the parts where the monster was eating people, but y'know what, that just makes the homage more accurate.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

1. Halloween (1978)
    2. Halloween II (1981)
    3. Poltergeist (1982)
    4. Ghost Ship
    5. The Crazies (2010)
    6. The Dead Zone (1983)
    7. Thinner (1996)
    8. Silver Bullet (1985)
    9. Christine (1983)
    10. The Shining (1980)
    11. Carrie (1976)
    12. Scream (1996)
    13. Final Destination (2000)
    14. Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
    15. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

16. Candyman (1992) - Skeptical graduate student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) befriends Anne-Marie McCoy (Vanessa Williams) while researching superstitions in a housing project on Chicago's Near North Side. From Anne-Marie, Helen learns about the Candyman (Tony Todd), a knife-wielding figure of urban legend that some of her neighbors believe to be responsible for a recent murder. After a mysterious man matching the Candyman's description begins stalking her, Helen comes to fear that the legend may be all too real.

17. Candyman - Farewell to the Flesh (1995) - As her brother stands trial for the killing of an outspoken New Orleans professor, inner-city schoolteacher Annie Tarrant (Kelly Rowan) begins hearing rumors of the Candyman (Tony Todd), a murderous, knife-handed figure of urban legend. Skeptical of the Candyman's existence, Annie follows the procedure for summoning him and suddenly finds herself celebrating the most horrifying Mardi Gras of her life. Meanwhile, Annie's mother (Veronica Cartwright) harbors a dark family secret.

My List:
    3) Pet Sematary (1989)
    6) It (1990)
    8) Misery (1990)
    11) The Power (2021)
    12) The Dark Half (1993)
    13) Needful Things (1993)

14) Stephen King's The Tommyknockers (1993). Okay, that was a painful 3 hours. I'd heard it was bad but had never witnessed it for myself. Bad, confirmed.
    Conn Seanery

Fantastic Member

50. Halloween (1978) - The classic masked slasher flick that is credited with giving birth to the modern horror genre. Sure, it didn't arise in a vacuum, and there are predecessors just as worthy, with 1974's Black Christmas being a particularly noteworthy standout, Carpenter even seems to have lifted many elements from the previous film, but, for a variety of reasons, Halloween hit at just the right time to make an indelible impression on the public consciousness. Locked away in a mental institution as a child after viciously stabbing his sister to death on Halloween night, Michael Myers escapes 15 years later and returns to terrorize the town of Haddonfield. Christopher Lee was approached for the part of Dr, Samuel Loomis, which he declined and later stated was one of the biggest regrets of his career. I have a hard time even picturing Lee as Loomis, I think it would have changed the tone and dynamic of a good portion of the film (and franchise had he accepted and returned), Donald Pleasence was just so perfect in the role.

51. Halloween II (1981) - Michael Myers returns, as a mater of fact he hasn't gone anywhere, as the sequel picks up right where the previous film left off on Halloween night. Laurie Strode is taken to the hospital after surviving her encounter with Michael, but he is in slow, methodical pursuit and committed to finishing what he started, and woe to anyone who crosses his path (except for the kid with the cowboy hat and boom box, and all the other people on the street in town he passes. Maybe Michael is self conscious about his technique and/or has anxiety about performing in public). John Carpenter and Debra Hill grudgingly wrote the script, as there was little interest in a sequel by anyone other than Compass International Pictures producer Irwin Yablans. This is the movie where Laurie is revealed to be Michael's sister.
    Last edited by Astral Disaster; 10-17-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Here is my list after watching some on Saturday. Not a huge list but I dont watch movies a lor.

1. Halloween Kills
    2. Halloween (1978)
    3. Frankenstein (1931)
    4. Son of Frankenstein (1939)
    5. Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein (1948)
    6. Dracula (1931)

Those old Universal movies are the best
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

1) 1922 (2017)
    2)Gerald's Game (2017)
    3) Doctor Sleep (2019)
    4) In the Tall Grass (2019)
    5)Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    6) Things Heard & Seen (2021)
    7) Little Monsters (2019)
    8) The Dead Don't Die (2019)
    9)Escape Room (2019)
    10)Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (2021)
    11)The Unfamiliar (2020)
    12)A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)
    13)Polaroid(2019)

14) There’s Someone Inside Your House (2021)
    A slasher film directed by Patrick Brice and written by Henry Gayden, an adaptation of the 2017 novel of the same name by Stephanie Perkins. The graduating class at Osborne High is being targeted by a masked assailant, intent on exposing the darkest secret of each victim, and only a group of misfit outsiders can stop the killings.

This was okay, started with an interesting and squandered it.

15) Wrong Turn (2021)
    The film is a reboot of the Wrong Turn film series, directed by Mike P. Nelson and written by Alan McElroy. A group of friends set out to hike the Appalachian Trail. Despite warnings to stick to the trail, the hikers stray off course and cross into a land inhabited by The Foundation, a hidden community of mountain dwellers who use deadly means to protect their way of life.

Started off okay, then took several wrong turns, especially at the end where it seems like after test screening different endings and getting inconclusive results they decided to keep all in the movie
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 10-26-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

52. Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (1982) - And now for something completely different... at least from the Halloween franchise. Asked to work on a third installment, Carpenter and Hill (credited as producers) only agreed to be involved if the movie was not a direct sequel to the previous two films, as they saw it the story of Michael Myers had come to a definitive end and they had no interest in retreading old ground. With Myers out, the story revolves around two individuals who are drawn together to investigate the shady activities of the Silver Shamrock Novelties Company, uncovering a plot involving ancient Celtic rituals, technology and children's Halloween masks to bring about the end of the world. The film was pretty much a critical and box office failure, with may fans at the time disappointed it did not feature Michael Myers, though in recent years it has developed a cult following.

53. Halloween IV: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) - Does what it says on the tin and brings back Michael Myers to the franchise which spawned him, along with Sr. Samuel Loomis played by Donald Pleasence, it may seem like quite a stretch of the imagination that either character would have survived the explosion and raging inferno which ended Halloween II, but it's horror fiction, so you just kinda have to roll with it. Conspicuously absent is Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, though she does make a brief cameo as a photograph, and is referenced as having died in a car accident, leaving behind a daughter, Jamie Lloyd, who now becomes the focus of Michael Myers murderous fixation. The movie is noteable for its twist ending which sees Jamie seemingly possessed by Michael's spirit after his supposed "death", and harkens back to the original with her standing at the top of the stairs holding a bloody pair of scissors she used to stab her adoptive mom. Word is that the plan for the following film was to either recast an older Jamie as the new "Michael", or have her as his sidekick learning the family trade.

54. Halloween V: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) - After the success of Halloween IV, a sequel was rushed into production and released the following year. The initial idea of having Jamie turn evil is dropped in favor of her having a psychic link to Michael, essentially being able to see through his eyes at various times before or during his killings, as if having her uncle wanting to murder her for the entire run time of the previous film wasn't traumatic enough. The movie also introduces the mysterious "Man In Black" for no apparent reason other than to set up the sequel featuring the "Curse of Thorne" storyline. Fun fact: (from Wikipedia) "Donald Pleasence accidentally broke Don Shanks' nose on the set when they were filming the scene where Dr. Loomis beats The Shape with a 2×4 block of wood."
    Last edited by Astral Disaster; 10-17-2021 at 05:24 PM.

My List:
    3) Pet Sematary (1989)
    6) It (1990)
    8) Misery (1990)
    11) The Power (2021)
    12) The Dark Half (1993)
    13) Needful Things (1993)
    14) The Tommyknockers (1993)

15) Stephen King's The Stand (1994). I prefer this version of The Stand to the more recent adaptation we got, felt like there was better character development in the '90s mini-series. Gary Sinise was especially good, elevated the whole project. The non-practical effects are terrible, but hey, it was a '90s TV event.
    Conn Seanery