Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default K'un Lun should play a larger role in the Marvel U

It's fasinating and visually intriguing. It should sit easily in the marvel u as the universe's metaphor of some parts of Asia just like how Latveria sort of represents Eastern Europe and wakanda represents africa on a global scale.

More characters than just iron fist should go there. The x-men for example or maybe falcon cap or the winter soldier?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Problem is, it only shows up every 10 years
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Pretty much the whole point of it is to not play a larger role in the Marvel Universe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Didn't Kaare Andrews just raze it to a ground?

I'd rather Iron Fist mythos stand on its own if I'm being honest. Last time K'un L'un played a bigger role in the MU (AvX) Iron Fist mythos got seriously tampered with. Besides, by the end of Kaare Andrews' current run, K'un L'un will likely only have begun its rebuilding process after being destroyed.

Extraordinary Member

Other than the Martial Arts tournament with the other legendary weapons, what is interesting about Kun Lun?

It's like Marvel answer to Shaolin Temple in Shaw Bros. movies. Its exists to give our heroes
    a place to get trained up and little else.

Beside s the little we seen of Kun Lun implys that its kind of a crappy place unless you are being trained up
    for something ( LeiKung is the first ruler of the place that hasn't been an outright evil sob).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Other than the Martial Arts tournament with the other legendary weapons, what is interesting about Kun Lun?

It's like Marvel answer to Shaolin Temple in Shaw Bros. movies. Its exists to give our heroes

Beside s the little we seen of Kun Lun implys that its kind of a crappy place unless you are being trained up
    for something ( LeiKung is the first ruler of the place that hasn't been an outright evil sob).
    It's only ever been used as a plot point aside from the martial arts tournament. I think OP meant to imply it become a more explored area of the MU since it hasn't really ever been explored in depth. It's not and has rarely ever been a place of focus and development for the greater MU and I'm fine with that really. It isn't Wakanda. Unless you consider that both are destroyed, which would currently make them pretty similar in that regard actually...

Fantastic Member

K'un L'un is long overdue for story exploration. Over the years many writers had offered their own spin or slant to it and what I did notice was there tons of conflicting accounts about it's history. We're the people who settled K'un L'un aliens? We're they from Earth? I often wondered if K'un L'un had any connection to the Maklu IV. It would be nice to see someplace else that isn't Asgard or Mount Olympus. Aside from Iron Fist, White Tiger's Tiger amulet is from K'un L'un. I wouldn't mind seeing an adventure where White Tiger journeys to K'un L'un and delves deep to the roots of the Tiger amulet. I know the Tiger amulet originally was part of a statue that was later split into pieces and smuggled out of K'un L'un. I do notice that the Dragon is a revered symbol in the fabled city. Perhaps the Tiger was at one point and is now banned. Here are some other questions I have about K'un L'un?

What holidays do they celebrate?
    What gods do they worship?
    What are their customs? Traditions? (Other than fighting)
    Have their been any other outworlders aside from Danny and Orson to settle in K'un L'un?
    Are the plant people still around or are they completely extinct?

In the new series, we are learning what life is like for children in K'un L'un. We also learned that machines are forbidden. K'un L'un should play a larger role! I would like to see other heroes emerge from the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    K'un L'un is long overdue for story exploration. Over the years many writers had offered their own spin or slant to it and what I did notice was there tons of conflicting accounts about it's history. We're the people who settled K'un L'un aliens? We're they from Earth? I often wondered if K'un L'un had any connection to the Maklu IV. It would be nice to see someplace else that isn't Asgard or Mount Olympus. Aside from Iron Fist, White Tiger's Tiger amulet is from K'un L'un. I wouldn't mind seeing an adventure where White Tiger journeys to K'un L'un and delves deep to the roots of the Tiger amulet. I know the Tiger amulet originally was part of a statue that was later split into pieces and smuggled out of K'un L'un. I do notice that the Dragon is a revered symbol in the fabled city. Perhaps the Tiger was at one point and is now banned. Here are some other questions I have about K'un L'un?

What holidays do they celebrate?
    What gods do they worship?
    What are their customs? Traditions? (Other than fighting)
    Have their been any other outworlders aside from Danny and Orson to settle in K'un L'un?
    Are the plant people still around or are they completely extinct?

In the new series, we are learning what life is like for children in K'un L'un. We also learned that machines are forbidden. K'un L'un should play a larger role! I would like to see other heroes emerge from the city!
    Love these ideas; I think world building is an important aspect of a successful comic book.

Linking in the mythos of the White Tiger would be cool. Why not go a step further and add Tigra to the supporting cast of Iron Fist?

-Pav, who also wants to see Tagak the Leopard Lord...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Didn't Kaare Andrews just raze it to a ground?
    Yeah but this is comics. We all know it can be magically brought back

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Problem is, it only shows up every 10 years
    Yeah but again this is comics so if someone wanted to go to k'un lun they could find away

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

It's so aethisitically pleasing (or it was when aja was drawing it) and it's never been properly explored. I'm sure there are tons of landmarks and things that could do with greater exposition

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah but this is comics. We all know it can be magically brought back

Yeah but again this is comics so if someone wanted to go to k'un lun they could find away
    I'd actually argue it's little things like that which eventually chip away at what would make K'un L'un special to begin with. Wakanda was known as an impenetrable fortress with advanced technology until it became more integrated with the greater MU. Now look at it. I just feel like writers might take too many liberties without doing enough research, which happens more often than not. Wouldn't mind more exploration into it, just think it should be done in an Iron Fist book.

And I'd be against characters randomly being connected to K'un L'un. The Iron Fist mythos has plenty of characters itching to be explored.

Make it an 11th realm? I agree that the mythos should be expanded slowly and with much careful planning.

Hmm, I don't think it really needs to be part of the Thor mythos but I do think characters like Thor should turn up there every now and then.

Also wakanda is fine at the moment and plays a critical role in the wider marvel u assuming it hasn't been completely destroyed in new avengers (and let's be honest, if it has it'll be back soon)

Hmm, I don't think it really needs to be part of the Thor mythos but I do think characters like Thor should turn up there every now and then.

Also wakanda is fine at the moment and plays a critical role in the wider marvel u assuming it hasn't been completely destroyed in new avengers (and let's be honest, if it has it'll be back soon)
    Wakanda is far from fine right now lol. Unfortunately, a big part of what made Wakanda special, being a nation that has never had its walls breached by the enemy, is lost forever.

By introducing an 10th realm, Marvel has already screwed with the Thor mythos. Since Marvel in now world building for tv/movies it could be useful to tie everything neatly.

I liked when Dr. Strange and Iron Fist got into small debates about the "arts". Like to see Thor, Valkyries or Satana running in & out of Kun Lun for various reasons.