Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Question:

How much had the X-Men been involved and featured in Civil War (2006-2007) and Secret Invasion (2008)? Because those were the best selling comics at the time.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Question:

How much had the X-Men been involved and featured in Civil War (2006-2007) and Secret Invasion (2008)? Because those were the best selling comics at the time.
    Apart from Wolverine, barely. Though in Secret Wars, they had their mini of them fighting the Skrulls, but had no effect on the main plot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Apart from Wolverine, barely. Though in Secret Wars, they had their mini of them fighting the Skrulls, but had no effect on the main plot.
    So I guess that Marvel had already started their plot to sideline them in favour of the Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

So I guess that Marvel had already started their plot to sideline them in favour of the Avengers.
    Yes, you can probably look at House of M as the point at which afterward the X-Men are treated differently than before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes, you can probably look at House of M as the point at which afterward the X-Men are treated differently than before.
    Yes.
    So it's safe to assume that X-Men had been sidelined from 2006 to 2016 (and the sale suffered for that), and they became prominent again in 2017. In 2019, Hickman managed to make them successful as before.

Extraordinary Member

Yes.
    So it's safe to assume that X-Men had been sidelined from 2006 to 2016 (and the sale suffered for that), and they became prominent again in 2017. In 2019, Hickman managed to make them successful as before.
    Well, I am not sure Hickman managed anything so much as Marvel allowed it to happen. It is a bit more complicated as to what was influencing the decisions, it swung from just wanting to push the Avengers and let the rest of the line have some room to grow all the way to spite due to movie licenses.

But, as an example, in the height of the 'Marvel is screwing the X-Men' period, we have https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2012-11.html the X-Men title topping the charts against all the other relaunches.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, I am not sure Hickman managed anything so much as Marvel allowed it to happen. It is a bit more complicated as to what was influencing the decisions, it swung from just wanting to push the Avengers and let the rest of the line have some room to grow all the way to spite due to movie licenses.

But, as an example, in the height of the 'Marvel is screwing the X-Men' period, we have https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2012-11.html the X-Men title topping the charts against all the other relaunches.
    Yes, 2012. I guess that Marvel executives were hitting their heads with big maces when that happened.