Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    I agree with you. And Ororo wasn't "arrogant" or "aggressive" with Doom and neither with Magneto. She was poised.

In either case, I'm not sure if these have been posted (I stopped reading the thread to reply to your post), but these pages deserve to be seen and poured over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I agree with you. And Ororo wasn't "arrogant" or "aggressive" with Doom and neither with Magneto. She was poised.

In either case, I'm not sure if these have been posted (I stopped reading the thread to reply to your post), but these pages deserve to be seen and poured over.

I just really love that first page and how it looks like storm is in her own little planet due to the personal atmoshphere. Just a really nice touch and imagery.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just really love that first page and how it looks like storm is in her own little planet due to the personal atmoshphere. Just a really nice touch and imagery.
    She looks exquisite. She's deserved moments like these for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Is this just a Storm book now??
    This issue will probably be Storm focused but the last one still had the same ensemble feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This issue will probably be Storm focused but the last one still had the same ensemble feel.
    I hope it stays Storm centric, alimg with Cable, if the plan is to re-launch this cast under an X title. This preview has me juiced.

Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    They were talking mad ish on ya girl and now it's crickets.

Like c'mon we all know who Doom is. He's never helped ANYBODY, but himself ever. I'm only upset that Ewing didn't have her toss little man around a bit more. I love ripping into Doom about how narcissistic, insecure, small minded and textbook MU human he is, but this isn't the thread.

I remember once saying a long time ago that Ewing should write a cosmic X-Book during the closing of his Ultimates 1 and people though, I was crazy. If there's one writer that gets it it's Ewing. Marvel Cosmic is his play ground and he never disappoints.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I was dead wrong. All Hail The Queen of Arrako and Regent of Sol for she is not to be doubted nor questioned.
    Love this.

OG Cable will be featured as well and SWORD is still very active.
    I'm really looking forward to this issue.
    Last edited by JB; 09-24-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Me too I have missed Ewing writting X-characters so much and his Storm here is just perfect

Now if we get Cable, Storm, Abiagail, Manifold, Frenzy and the rest of the team, this issue is going to be great.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ugh I don't know if I wanna BE her or Iie her!
    #confused
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Doom deserves all the calling out, the real question is he now better prepared for mutants attacking him because he knows they are suspicious. Tbf he would know they are, and rightfully so regardless of Storm being blunt in calling him out(blunt as in she wasn't hiding under easy to see false pretences).Heck he probably prepared for it regardless.

So 2 questions

1)How did Doom know they would pull through, did he have back ups or pull strings to make sure they did....
    2)Is Krakoa gonna fight Doom/ Is krakoa a target for Doom.
    We already know the "reckoning war" is an FF event by Slott no less, is Krakoa involved?

Extraordinary Member

Storm + Cable + Brand being the focus sounds great, manifold and wizkid w/ Peeper for the B listers for the title.
    Really want to see Brand's lying bite her in the butt, almost as much as Beast.Almost

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Storm + Cable + Brand being the focus sounds great, manifold and wizkid w/ Peeper for the B listers for the title.
    Really want to see Brand's lying bite her in the butt, almost as much as Beast.Almost
    I definitely see Storm as a potential opposing force to Brand because she’s the only one who doesn’t work under SWORD. I don’t think this series is gonna make it past 12 but Ewing packs a lot into his issues and my fingers are crossed for the relaunch people have been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I hope it stays Storm centric, alimg with Cable, if the plan is to re-launch this cast under an X title. This preview has me juiced.
    I'm hoping this right here for sure.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

no its not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I'm hoping this right here for sure.
    Same! Big time. Would be awesome.