Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Storm + Cable + Brand being the focus sounds great, manifold and wizkid w/ Peeper for the B listers for the title.
    Really want to see Brand's lying bite her in the butt, almost as much as Beast.Almost
    Just say no to anything Black Panther/Avengers related and things will be fine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I definitely see Storm as a potential opposing force to Brand because she’s the only one who doesn’t work under SWORD. I don’t think this series is gonna make it past 12 but Ewing packs a lot into his issues and my fingers are crossed for the relaunch people have been talking about.
    It'll def last past 12 issues. Especially if they add at least two more big names. It'll be the side piece to X-Men. That's why books like Marauders, Excalibur, X-Force lasted so long. Storm, Cable, 2 more big names, and then a combo of Brand, Frenzy, Manifold, Wiz Kid...

The books that failed came out much later on and with usually just one or two A-listers.

Just now seeing the preview. I love it. I love seeing introspection from the characters. Though thought bubbles are mostly a thing of the past it is good sometimes to read the character's thoughts. Storm is great in these scenes.

Mighty Member

As much as I like Storm and Cable I hope Sword doesn't turn into a carbon copy of Marauders, where two characters (Kate and Emma) get all the focus and spotlight to the exclusion of all others. Adding Storm and Cable to the cast is definitely a bonus but the original cast is great also, I hope Manifold, Frenzy, Whiz Kid and Brand don't get relegated to the sidelines. This book has been among the best of the Krakoa era and Ewing is a great writer so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Wiz Kid wasn’t relegated to the sidelines in the Cable: Reloaded series, so I have no reason to believe he or any other cast members Ewing chooses to use will be wallpaper honestly. I think he’ll do a better job of balancing the cast than Duggan did with Marauders honestly. He has so far.

Mighty Member

I’m so happy to see Storm be the boss ass that she is. She’s been relegated to just a member following orders from Kate in Gold and Marauders. This is the Storm I grew up reading. Her doing this stuff to prove she’s where she is because she’s an omega. I feel like she will be doing a Morlock thing where she has to prove she’s the rightful Regent. So look out Arakko mutants, because Storm will waiter be stabbing you in the heart or ripping it out.

I've loved this book, and I love this preview but I want to see some more focus on the "6" and mutant technology. Let me see some of those regular mutants walking around the white not room stealing fancy ish.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I love this book and appreciate that it's currently focusing on a character who's just had a major status upgrade but I also love all the other members of the initial cast and whatever iteration Ewing gives us in 2022 I hope we see more of them. Ewing has a great handle on writing multiple characters evenly so I'm not worried.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wiz Kid wasn’t relegated to the sidelines in the Cable: Reloaded series, so I have no reason to believe he or any other cast members Ewing chooses to use will be wallpaper honestly. I think he’ll do a better job of balancing the cast than Duggan did with Marauders honestly. He has so far.
    Good point about Cable:Reloaded which felt really balanced to me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I think this title has a lot of elements and ground to cover that the existing cast should maintain a significant role and get good regular panel time. My only hope is that if this does happen in the relaunch we don't get such big time gaps between issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    i wouldn't say it hasn't gone his way just yet. he says at the end of guardians the mutants remain obdurate (meaning stubbornly persistent in wrongdoing but perhaps he has planted the seed of doubt to someone that . as other here have suggested that storm may oppose brand in future issues of sword and it may be up to interpterion if its her own choice to or if doom got into her head.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i wouldn't say it hasn't gone his way just yet. he says at the end of guardians the mutants remain obdurate (meaning stubbornly persistent in wrongdoing but perhaps he has planted the seed of doubt to someone that . as other here have suggested that storm may oppose brand in future issues of sword and it may be up to interpterion if its her own choice to or if doom got into her head.
    I only meant to say that I’m sure if he got his way, Ororo would’ve taken him if not at face value, then at least seriously based on the magnitude of the threat Dormammu posed. He was already ok the verge of trying to bargain with her for a future favor asked of mutantkind. Luckily she was smart enough to realize that no favor from Doom is worth the inevitably sinister machinations he would leverage said favor to accomplish. That being said Doom does seem to be holding a grudge against mutantkind for clocking his manipulation so I guess we’ll sss how this plays out. Especially since in the end he unfortunately got what he wanted in spite of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also just as a side note and not to stir up this mess up again TRULY but as per The Last Annihilation finale in GOTG 18 yesterday, I hope everyone who blamed Storm for being too “arrogant” and “aggressive” with Doom during their meeting/dinner realizes that she was in fact COMPLETELY justified in her actions because she(and apparently only she) smelled his dirty, slithering snake ass from a lightyear away, and his gaslighting to try and make it seem like the mutants were the ones who caused Dormammu’s incursion with the retrieval of Mysterium from The White Hot Room. The truth finally and unsurprisingly being revealed that he orchestrated the whole thing, enabling Dormammu to enter this dimension and almost end life in this reality just so he could take a portion of Dormammu’s power. Imagine what it could’ve led to if she had bowed and scraped and accepted his “generous offer of help”, owing him a favor by the end of it all, which was exactly his plan? Lighting his ass up at that table was the best thing she could have done and I’m thankful that it seems Ororo was the sole pawn in his plan that did not go his way.
    Just here for the tea.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Hard to believe it took this long for Storm to get an 'unaided by tech in space' feat, but Ewing delivered the goods nonetheless. SWORD has been stellar every single issue, so glad to see Ororo join the party even if this low selling book is not long for this world. If they relaunch under an 'X-Men' title, I hope Ewing gets at least 20+ issues, as he's really got the perfect combination of elements so many other writers of late have lacked.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I find it funny we had a conversation about Storm maintaining a atmosphere while in space and this issue comes out...

Ewing are you posting here...lol...joking.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.