Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 660
  1. #196
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I’ve yet to understand what Hunter “cleaned up”.
    The black cat and Peter relationship. Besides that nothing since Kraven son/clone is basically him so nothing change
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  2. #197
    Amazing Member Krec99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    77

    Default

    The way I see it Spencer undid everything he didn’t like

    Kraven death he undid it
    Harry coming back undid it
    Sins past undid it

    I don’t think he’s going to do OMD

  3. #198
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    The black cat and Peter relationship. Besides that nothing since Kraven son/clone is basically him so nothing change
    He gave the real Kraven his death.
    He also fixed Black cat as a character on top of her relationship w/ peter.
    It also was a great Lizard story on top.

  4. #199
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.
    I feel like the issue is the lack of substance in-between the beginning and ending because of all that clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I’ve yet to understand what Hunter “cleaned up”.
    Kraven is dead but we have clone Kraven for anyone that wants to still use Kraven.

  5. #200
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I’ve yet to understand what Hunter “cleaned up”.
    Kept Kraven in the ground while also letting Kraven be a Spidey-rogue. Best meet in the middle kind of option we were ever going to get.

  6. #201
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the issue is the lack of substance in-between the beginning and ending because of all that clean up.

    Kraven is dead but we have clone Kraven for anyone that wants to still use Kraven.
    Yeah I agree. I don’t know how well it’ll stand on its own? Hard to tell.

  7. #202
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah I agree. I don’t know how well it’ll stand on its own? Hard to tell.
    and his daughter Ana

  8. #203
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.
    Fr fr

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    The real question is, if the next writer messes stuff up, or if he builds on top of this run.

    I don't want to see Kraven resurrected again.
    Agreed, which is what scares me about Beyond and beyond Beyond(lol).The key is a writer who gets Spider-man like Chip or DeMatties and only one writer.And classic style stories focused on Peter,MJ, etc.Tbf Beyond can be a breath of fresh air but only if they have major Peter stuff right after it.The slate is cleared and as long as Beyond doesn't make any major changes we'll be good.
    Oh and get rid of the Spider-family.Not kill them, they'll still have all their solo stuff but don't jam Peter w/ them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the issue is the lack of substance in-between the beginning and ending because of all that clean up.

    Kraven is dead but we have clone Kraven for anyone that wants to still use Kraven.
    s

    I can see that, I enjoyed Spencer's B,C plots as well.Chameleon conspiracy and King's Ransom were B-/+ for me.I can live w/ it.

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Kept Kraven in the ground while also letting Kraven be a Spidey-rogue. Best meet in the middle kind of option we were ever going to get.
    Agreed, instead of someone digging Kraven back up again he made it so that they can do it w/out ruining his death.

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah I agree. I don’t know how well it’ll stand on its own? Hard to tell.
    It won't stand as well as the best solo, it's still far superior than anything in the BND era though.I think that's okay though, the run isn't meant to be a great solo run, It's meant to clean slate for other writers to create such runs w/ no problems which hopefully we will get after Beyond.

  9. #204
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I can see that, I enjoyed Spencer's B,C plots as well.Chameleon conspiracy and King's Ransom were B-/+ for me.I can live w/ it.
    I don't think he quite nailed the momentum and endings, but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It won't stand as well as the best solo, it's still far superior than anything in the BND era though.I think that's okay though, the run isn't meant to be a great solo run, It's meant to clean slate for other writers to create such runs w/ no problems which hopefully we will get after Beyond.
    I'm not sure if that's complimentary, but I guess in the long run it's true.

  10. #205
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    I've enjoyed Spencer's run quite a bit. I like his take on the characters and their various dynamics.

    So for me personally, his success or failure doesn't hinge entirely on whether he sticks the landing with Kindred.

  11. #206
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I've enjoyed Spencer's run quite a bit. I like his take on the characters and their various dynamics.

    So for me personally, his success or failure doesn't hinge entirely on whether he sticks the landing with Kindred.
    Same here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me at:
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com/

  12. #207
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    I will be extremely disappointed if Peter doesn't learn about the deal though... with all the OMD panels included in Last Remains, the "confess" by Kindred, the "You did this to me" / "To friends and a Brand New Day", the "The Answer is Yes" by MJ in Peter's astral plane, the demons from OMD in Peter's astral plane: (Kingpan, assassin, Aunt May, MJ). It's ALL THERE. It's all built for this. You know Spencer wants to address it.

    If it's not addressed more than what we've seen in spoilers then I 100% believe it was editorial interference with Spencer's original plan... and knowing that it would just mean that Marvel does not want OMD directly dealt with. It's like he can talk about the deal without saying what it is. It's just tiptoeing around the elephant. It's there, you know people are all talking about it, but no one can actually turn on the light and show it.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-28-2021 at 12:48 PM.

  13. #208
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I will be extremely disappointed if Peter doesn't learn about the deal though... with all the OMD panels included in Last Remains, the "confess" by Kindred, the "You did this to me" / "To friends and a Brand New Day", the "The Answer is Yes" by MJ in Peter's astral plane, the demons from OMD in Peter's astral plane: (Kingpan, assassin, Aunt May, MJ). It's ALL THERE. It's all built for this. You know Spencer wants to address it.

    If it's not addressed more than what we've seen in spoilers then I 100% believe it was editorial interference with Spencer's original plan... and knowing that it would just mean that Marvel does not want OMD directly dealt with.
    editors suck in both manga and comics feel like they do more harm than good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  14. #209
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    There's a guy on 4Chan who claims that he read the issue already, and if he's telling the truth, well, spoilers:
    Peter and MJ don't find out anything, lol.
    end of spoilers

  15. #210
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I've enjoyed Spencer's run quite a bit. I like his take on the characters and their various dynamics.

    So for me personally, his success or failure doesn't hinge entirely on whether he sticks the landing with Kindred.
    I really enjoyed the run from the beginning, but it felt like over time he pivoted too much away from the characters and the stories that he was good with and kept certain stories going on for far longer than they should have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •