Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    If the way Spencer was “thanked” by Lowe at the end of the issue is true, that ranks as one of the bigger dick moves in recent years. Wow. Just terrible all around.
    Completely true. It had all the passion and sincerity of how you’d “thank” someone who held the door open for you. He’s almost like an afterthought.

Well… judge for yourself. It’s near the end of the letter. You have to read through most of the crap thanking the letterers and colorists first (I don’t buy Lowe’s reasoning for doing this either…the real reason is totally obvious and savage).

Full size of letter:
    882C366E-F655-4B76-AA6D-46847ECCACFA.jpg

Closer up on relevant part:
    5A72B264-A90B-40E4-BE55-0FEB041B756B.jpg
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 09-29-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is what I think:

I think Nick Lowe and the Spider office were on board with Spencer's story but senior Marvel editorial outside of Spider office found out about what Spencer wanted to do to address OMD and stopped it and made him change. Apparently around the time of Last Remains Spencer was told he could not make Harry Osborn the bad guy, so he was forced to change Kindred to be someone other than Harry.

So to try to make it still make sense he changed it from Harry being Kindred, to Sarah and Gabriel being Kindred and had a computer AI control them with Harry's memories instead, while the real Harry is just a victim in hell, not Kindred.

The other thing is he could not address OMD and make it about Peter's deal with Mephisto being behind Kindred, so he had to change it to Mephisto is behind Sarah and Gabriel and AI Harry are responsible for Kindred, then you have Norman's sin and deal with Mephisto causing everything and Peter's confession is never addressed.

Spencer never planned to have Peter and MJ marry again but was working within the lines of what was allowed to address OMD. Once more details got out, it probably rubbed someone in editorial the wrong way and was told he had to change the plans.
    I agree, i think the plan was to have them remember the marriage, but have them not get remarried and to remove the taint from Petes soul. All the signs that it was going in this direction were there from MJ saying "he doesnt remember" to Strange asking "whats wrong with Peter Parkers soul" to Strange asking Peter "what deal he made" to Mysterio saying "i know something about you two" the signs were all there that this was going in the OMD direction
    Last edited by omegafix; 09-29-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    I agree, i think the plan was to have them remember the marriage, but have them not get remarried. All the signs that it was going in this direction were there from MJ saying "he doesnt remember" to Strange asking "whats wrong with Peter Parkers soul" to Strange asking Peter "what deal he made" to Mysterio saying "i know something about you two" the signs were all there that this was going in the OMD direction
    How many years until we got a multi-part ‘Life of Kindred’ behind-the-scenes expose?

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't get the whole thing with Kindred. First Spencer reveals it's Harry, later Stacy twins come into the picture, but it's implied he's using their bodies as vessels. And then it turns out it was them all along, and Harry still in Hell? I really don't get this ****.

I know it's cliché to say but I blame editorial on this. Looking back over the run and the stuff it seems like Spencer was planning for Kindred to be the original Pre-OMD Harry that died in Spectacular Spider-Man# 200.

It will be very interesting a couple of years from now when Spencer spills the beans on what this story was supposed to be.

Give the final issue a “C”. It’s a disappointment but since it got spoiled I honestly feel less bitter than I would if I had gone in with hopes. But this issue just abruptly drops so much: Strange wanting to know what is up with Peter’s soul, Kindred wanting Peter to “confess”, MJ knowing something Peter doesn’t, etc. Hell Kindred itself makes zero sense, why did he have such a massive hateboner for Peter and was so protective of MJ if it really is just the twins? Why would either of them care about MJ or about getting Peter to “confess”?

There’s a clear demarcation where Spencer was forced to pivot from what he planned and his run now is just nonsensical. The big overarching plot threads get dropped, the big OMD hints never go anywhere, and the retcon of Sins Past is more confusing than satisfying. Might just take a break since I have no real attachment to Ben (never read the Clone Saga) and Beyond reeks of filler.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So what happened to all the Sinister Six teams and MJ's movie?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Give the final issue a “C”. It’s a disappointment but since it got spoiled I honestly feel less bitter than I would if I had gone in with hopes. But this issue just abruptly drops so much: Strange wanting to know what is up with Peter’s soul, Kindred wanting Peter to “confess”, MJ knowing something Peter doesn’t, etc. Hell Kindred itself makes zero sense, why did he have such a massive hateboner for Peter and was so protective of MJ if it really is just the twins? Why would either of them care about MJ or about getting Peter to “confess”?

There’s a clear demarcation where Spencer was forced to pivot from what he planned and his run now is just nonsensical. The big overarching plot threads get dropped, the big OMD hints never go anywhere, and the retcon of Sins Past is more confusing than satisfying. Might just take a break since I have no real attachment to Ben (never read the Clone Saga) and Beyond reeks of filler.
    For the Kindred thing, Harry wants MJ away from Peter for her safety.Whereas twins want her away/dead as revenge and Mephisto to make sure Mayday doesn't happen.Harry was being manipulated by Mephisto same as twins were being manipulated by Harry.
    So it goes Mephisto->A.I. Harry-> Twins.You can explain any OOC thing as the others acting, it's cheap af but it does work.

It's clear to me that Spencer wanted harry though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe we find out in beyond, most probably imprisoned/ ran away(if it's this Peter should be the one to bring them in) and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doc Ock took away Kindred's threat and Peter vanished so I imagine everyone went home.

The movie premiere was promptly forgotten. I'm willing to bet it becomes a piece of Spider-Man trivia like Parker Industries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Doc Ock took away Kindred's threat and Peter vanished so I imagine everyone went home.

The movie premiere was promptly forgotten. I'm willing to bet it becomes a piece of Spider-Man trivia like Parker Industries.
    Or the fact he’s a published author and once went on a cross-country book signing tour. (for ‘WEBS’, a collection of his Spidey photographs)

Mighty Member

Okay, here's the most important question now that we've seen the whole story: when Sarah Stacy kissed Peter, was that AI Harry inhabiting her or Mephisto?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Okay, here's the most important question now that we've seen the whole story: when Sarah Stacy kissed Peter, was that AI Harry inhabiting her or Mephisto?
    I doubt Mephisto is a sexual being, so he’d likely have no problem with it if it served his needs.

I think I’ve erased most of ‘Sins Remembered’ from my head, even more than ‘Sins Past.’

If anything, new fans are now exposed to OMD, so the wheel continues. If Marvel was smart, they would allow Nick to address it, let Peter defeat Mephisto now or in 900.

Oh well, people are flawed.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Harry actually conditioned those Sarah and Gabriels to believe they were who they said they were, while trying to perfect the process before it could house his consciousness.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Harry actually conditioned those Sarah and Gabriels to believe they were who they said they were, while trying to perfect the process before it could house his consciousness.
    end of spoilers
    Quoted for truth.They were real as in they believed they were same as BND Harry