Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    A part of me is wondering if the Beyond story has anything to do with the Ditko estate situation. Building up Ben in the case that Marvel will legally have to stop publishing anything to do with Peter Parker.
    We don’t know how long this case has been brewing for and it could explain why the publishing of the second half of Spencer’s run has felt off.
    I highly doubt it’s related. The comics would be the least of their worries, and the movies seem to be going full-steam ahead. Besides, Ben or Pete, Spider-Man would still be barred from appearing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I highly doubt it’s related. The comics would be the least of their worries, and the movies seem to be going full-steam ahead. Besides, Ben or Pete, Spider-Man would still be barred from appearing.
    Ben they can get away with as he was created post AF15.
    And it won’t be hard to call him Scarlet Spider again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    A part of me is wondering if the Beyond story has anything to do with the Ditko estate situation. Building up Ben in the case that Marvel will legally have to stop publishing anything to do with Peter Parker.
    We don’t know how long this case has been brewing for and it could explain why the publishing of the second half of Spencer’s run has felt off.
    I doubt that. Why? Two reasons: 1: Peter, Otto and Aunt May ( all Ditko creations) are appearing in Beyond ( you could make the same argument for the Kraven Clone and possibly MJ as well). 2: If I was Disney/Marvel, the easiest solution to the Ditko Estate problem is not replacing Peter with Ben Reilly in Amazing, but pausing Amazing ( like they did with Fantastic Four) and using Miles 2 or 3 times a month.

Astonishing Member

Oh I just read the Ditko termination suit was filed in August, and Beyond was announced in June or July and probably planned for months before. So I was right, they aren’t connected.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Kinda, it seems that we'll get two issues that are gonna be Peter and MJ dealing with the fallout, then something happens that let Peter in a coma and Ben takes over.
    That's sounding like a Clone Saga that doesn't try to be as permanent.

Also, Ben? Really? If Miles doesn't take over Peter's role for whatever reason, the next best choice at this point it should be Kaine, or even Miguel if Kaine doesn't want to and someone at Marvel remembers Miguel is stranded on the present lol.

As for Uncanny, it was mostly ten issues of boring fight scenes when Legion and Nate Grey came back and let to another boring AU type of event called "Age of X-Man",
    Oh, I was thinking that Uncanny came back post HoX/PoX, this event was a while before it, I remember that for some reason.

it was so boring that not only i didn't follow anything out of the event, but my favorite scene is one stupid moment when Jubilee gets thrown around like a ragdoll and somehow doesn't die in spite of not having super-strength lol (and if you are curious, no she wasn't a vampire anymore, so she doesn't had that excuse).
    I had forgotten Jubilee was a vampire lol.

That scene sounds funny, and I tried to find it for a while, I speed read the Age of X-Man comics she shows up in, X-Tremists and Age of X-Man Omega and she barely fights, but I speed read them like 3 times just in case it was there and I missed it, started to think maybe you were mistaken and it was another character, but then started to wonder if the scene was actually from Uncanny X-Men, and then I found it after carefully paying attention to make sure I don't miss that stupid yellow raincoat.

I mention all of that so you can have an idea how my curiosity is annoying to sate, but here it is :

(Uncanny X-Men#6 vol 5)

And honestly, even if she was a vampire, shouldn't she at least be scratched from this? You can even see her casually putting her glasses back up, she was ready to get up to fight like she tripped lol.

Huh, funny that you mention BND, i guest that is possible that one of the 3 would be the main writter at some point.
    Yeah, may it not be as bland if we're getting BND 2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think it's ever been officially stated that Beyond will be a short thing lasting til #900 but I think it's the reasonable expectation everybody's running with cause that's just how these things seem to go. I think everybody would be surprised if it lasted past 900 especially after how drawn out the Kindred story was.

But then again, whoever comes on after- if it's just one person- that would be quite the workload for writing. I'm tellin ya, 3 times a month is not good for good stories unless it's a ton of teams working then at least it's not as cramped for time.
    Well, did Marvel confirm if ASM is gonna stay as 3 times a month comic once it has only one writer again? 'Cause I don't think Slott had to consistently put out 3 comics a month once he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's getting a spotlight issue where she and Peter work together to solve a murder at the hospital where Peter is recovering. So there is that.
    Wait, so he's not in a coma?

I don't think the current round-robin writing scenario is feasible either which makes Beyond feel even more temporary.
    And it sounds like a recipe for disaster, controlling what multiple writers make so the story doesn't look like a mess is difficult, and the way Marvel's a disorganized mess is only gonna make it more difficult lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-24-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Nah, he's up and moving around again by December at least. The issue Gleason's writing and drawing seems to imply Peter will suit up as Spidey again already then, although it looks like he's struggling against street thugs so I'm anticipating he'll likely have to keep working his way back from the bottom.

That's sounding like a Clone Saga that doesn't try to be as permanent.

Also, Ben? Really? If Miles doesn't take over Peter's role for whatever reason, the next best choice at this point it should be Kaine, or even Miguel if Kaine doesn't want to and someone at Marvel remembers Miguel is stranded on the present lol.

Oh, I was thinking that Uncanny came back post HoX/PoX, this event was a while before it, I remember that for some reason.

I had forgotten Jubilee was a vampire lol.

That scene sounds funny, and I tried to find it for a while, I speed read the Age of X-Man comics she shows up in, X-Tremists and Age of X-Man Omega and she barely fights, but I speed read them like 3 times just in case it was there and I missed it, started to think maybe you were mistaken and it was another character, but then started to wonder if the scene was actually from Uncanny X-Men, and then I found it after carefully paying attention to make sure I don't miss that stupid yellow raincoat.

I mention all of that so you can have an idea how my curiosity is annoying to sate, but here it is :

(Uncanny X-Men#6 vol 5)

And honestly, even if she was a vampire, shouldn't she at least be scratched from this? You can even see her casually putting her glasses back up, she was ready to get up to fight like she tripped lol.

Yeah, may it not be as bland if we're getting BND 2 lol.

Well, did Marvel confirm if ASM is gonna stay as 3 times a month comic once it has only one writer again? 'Cause I don't think Slott had to consistently put out 3 comics a month once he took over.

And it sounds like a recipe for disaster, controlling what multiple writers make so the story doesn't look like a mess is difficult, and the way Marvel's a disorganized mess is only gonna make it more difficult lol.
    Apparently i was wrong about the coma thing lol. He is just hurt. Would things really change for Miles?, he is already called Spider-Man. It would be nice if someone gives Miguel a hand, Marvel keep dragging him back to the present for some reason.

I'm glad that your curiosity was satisfied and i thank you for showing me the image again, i needed the laught.

Nah, right now the main book is Duggan X-Men.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Nah, he's up and moving around again by December at least. The issue Gleason's writing and drawing seems to imply Peter will suit up as Spidey again already then, although it looks like he's struggling against street thugs so I'm anticipating he'll likely have to keep working his way back from the bottom.
    Struggling against street thugs? Being in a coma sounds less bad now .

Like, is he really injured? Potentially depowered again?

Would things really change for Miles?, he is already called Spider-Man.
    His life would become the second closest thing to hell on Earth (First one being Daredevil's life of course), so I think that'd be significant .

It would be nice if someone gives Miguel a hand, Marvel keep dragging him back to the present for some reason.
    Probably because it's much easier to use him on the well known 616 setting instead of his own future, Spider-Gwen has a similar situation, just editors being lazy and wanting the easy way to make money.

I'm glad that your curiosity was satisfied and i thank you for showing me the image again, i needed the laught.
    I do like to find rather random things in comic books, but I guess you'd know that if you remember that time I decided to see almost everything Calypso showed up in just to see her story and tell you about what I found lol.

I'd do it on the DC side more if comicbookdb was still around, or if that fucking wiki put character appearances in release order like Marvel wiki did a while after comicbookdb was gone...

Nah, right now the main book is Duggan X-Men.
    Wait, Hickman isn't writing Adjectiveless X-Men anymore? Did he leave or is he just writing another X-Men comic now?

His life would become the second closest thing to hell on Earth (First one being Daredevil's life of course), so I think that'd be significant .

Probably because it's much easier to use him on the well known 616 setting instead of his own future, Spider-Gwen has a similar situation, just editors being lazy and wanting the easy way to make money.

I do like to find rather random things in comic books, but I guess you'd know that if you remember that time I decided to see almost everything Calypso showed up in just to see her story and tell you about what I found lol.

I'd do it on the DC side more if comicbookdb was still around, or if that fucking wiki put character appearances in release order like Marvel wiki did a while after comicbookdb was gone...

Wait, Hickman isn't writing Adjectiveless X-Men anymore? Did he leave or is he just writing another X-Men comic now?
    Well, i think that Miles already did a deal with Mephisto a while ago, he is showing promise.

Oh, i know, but i can't to feel bad for him, especially because it kind of lose the point of his characther PAD run was decent enought thought.

That post on Calypso is probably the biggest effort that anyone had made regarding the characther history, you should be proud lol.

Is complicated, but essentially Hickman wanted to move with the new phase of his project, wich apparently mean no more Krakoa, but other writers still wanted to keep it, so he jumped ship and is going to conclude his loose plot points in a mini called Inferno. At least that's what i understood, for what other fans told me. So yeah, he is not writing X-Men anymore.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, i think that Miles already did a deal with Mephisto a while ago, he is showing promise.
    I checked it out and he did, in Champions#2 vol 3, he did it to prevent Kamala's and Viv from getting killed, and Mephisto did it apparently for free, Cho was there too and he tried to convince Miles against it despite it being apparently a free deal.

I haven't read the rest (Only just checked it out after all lol) so I don't know what the hell Mephisto is planning, but that was an understandable situation, even if still dumb, and at the very least it didn't happen in Miles' own comic, and he didn't make a completely moronic deal like Otto ("Oh I need power to defeat Spider-Norman, so I'll get a weaker body and then somehow manage to control a bunch of arms that I could probably do it in Peter's cloned body!")...

To think Kaine is the only male Spider who didn't make a deal with Mephisto, he's ironically the sane one now lol.

Edit: Checked out Champions#4 vol 3, there's this gem:

I guess Kaine's and/or Miguel are next =D.

Oh, i know, but i can't to feel bad for him, especially because it kind of lose the point of his characther PAD run was decent enought thought.
    What, so a character from the future being in the past loses the point of said character? Next thing you'll be saying that Spider-Gwen being in 616 misses the entire point of her being from her own very different Earth .

That post on Calypso is probably the biggest effort that anyone had made regarding the characther history, you should be proud lol.
    Thanks.

Decided to search for the, learned today that searching for partial links can lead you to a thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5244715

I'm saving it this time, that was a lot of effort to understand a character I don't really care about I decided to search about on a whim lol.

Admitedly, it's easier to check out characters like her, because she doesn't have a lot of appearances, I'd get a headache if I tried something similar with say, MJ lol.

I did something similar with Julia on her time as Madame Web, but without saving pictures, confirmed she's consistently not good as Madame Web.

Also checked her time as Spider-Woman for a bit, kinda surprising the first thing she did after Secret Wars was join Freedom Force, y'know, a team mostly composed of super villains fighting for the government, and she was the only hero on it on the 5 minutes she was on the team lol.

Really wonder which one between Marvel and DC did this "villains working for the government" ****, obviously DC's is way more popular.

Seeing Julia in Freedom Force made me come up with the headcanon that she learned how to be really bad as a precog from Destiny, and she somehow missed the times how utterly broken Destiny could be

Is complicated, but essentially Hickman wanted to move with the new phase of his project, wich apparently mean no more Krakoa, but other writers still wanted to keep it, so he jumped ship and is going to conclude his loose plot points in a mini called Inferno.
    Heh, that's kinda ironic, 'cause I heard other writers wanted to destroy Krakoa, for drama and all, which Hickman refused, now Hickman wanted to get rid of it, now other writers don't want it lol.

I can understand though, while I found the whole cult mentality to be really gross and out of character for too many characters there, Krakoa as a location, so many mutants being back, the whole "magic" plants, portals and whatnot, is a cool status quo with a potential that, again, can understand why they wouldn't want to let go, at least for now.

I remember X-Men#6 vol 5 had Destiny vaguely telling Mystique on the past about Krakoa, and that if the people there kept refusing to resurrect Destiny, then Mystique should "burn that place to the ground", so I guess assuming she didn't already try (Haven't been keeping up, Hickman's writing style is annoying when not binge reading 'cause it's a flip of a coin if the comic's gonna be interesting or really boring), she would somehow destroy Krakoa? Though that's also assuming "No More Krakoa™" means it'd be destroyed, maybe they'd abandon it and go live on the moon or Mars or somethin' lol.

At least that's what i understood, for what other fans told me. So yeah, he is not writing X-Men anymore.
    Which is honestly surprising, I expected for Hickman to stay until he did at least most of what he planned lol.

Oh well, may the other writers keep this interesting, X-Men went through **** for too long and something that leave toxic nostalgia behind, at least for now, is good.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-24-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Ngl this done right could be great, we hardly ever see recovery stories.It's usually skipped and/or focus is placed on something else which is true here as well but still.Still waiting to see how he gets this hurt, but I think the writers can pull off a good recovery arc.I'd say Zeb for one could do it, any other great writers.And what has Gleason written, I think he did some superman but what else?And how was the superman

I checked it out and he did, in Champions#2 vol 3, he did it to prevent Kamala's and Viv from getting killed, and Mephisto did it apparently for free, Cho was there too and he tried to convince Miles against it despite it being apparently a free deal.

I haven't read the rest (Only just checked it out after all lol) so I don't know what the hell Mephisto is planning, but that was an understandable situation, even if still dumb, and at the very least it didn't happen in Miles' own comic, and he didn't make a completely moronic deal like Otto ("Oh I need power to defeat Spider-Norman, so I'll get a weaker body and then somehow manage to control a bunch of arms that I could probably do it in Peter's cloned body!")...

To think Kaine is the only male Spider who didn't make a deal with Mephisto, he's ironically the sane one now lol.

Edit: Checked out Champions#4 vol 3, there's this gem:

I guess Kaine's and/or Miguel are next =D.

What, so a character from the future being in the past loses the point of said character? Next thing you'll be saying that Spider-Gwen being in 616 misses the entire point of her being from her own very different Earth .

Thanks.

Decided to search for the, learned today that searching for partial links can lead you to a thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5244715

I'm saving it this time, that was a lot of effort to understand a character I don't really care about I decided to search about on a whim lol.

Admitedly, it's easier to check out characters like her, because she doesn't have a lot of appearances, I'd get a headache if I tried something similar with say, MJ lol.

I did something similar with Julia on her time as Madame Web, but without saving pictures, confirmed she's consistently not good as Madame Web.

Also checked her time as Spider-Woman for a bit, kinda surprising the first thing she did after Secret Wars was join Freedom Force, y'know, a team mostly composed of super villains fighting for the government, and she was the only hero on it on the 5 minutes she was on the team lol.

Really wonder which one between Marvel and DC did this "villains working for the government" ****, obviously DC's is way more popular.

Seeing Julia in Freedom Force made me come up with the headcanon that she learned how to be really bad as a precog from Destiny, and she somehow missed the times how utterly broken Destiny could be

Heh, that's kinda ironic, 'cause I heard other writers wanted to destroy Krakoa, for drama and all, which Hickman refused, now Hickman wanted to get rid of it, now other writers don't want it lol.

I can understand though, while I found the whole cult mentality to be really gross and out of character for too many characters there, Krakoa as a location, so many mutants being back, the whole "magic" plants, portals and whatnot, is a cool status quo with a potential that, again, can understand why they wouldn't want to let go, at least for now.

I remember X-Men#6 vol 5 had Destiny vaguely telling Mystique on the past about Krakoa, and that if the people there kept refusing to resurrect Destiny, then Mystique should "burn that place to the ground", so I guess assuming she didn't already try (Haven't been keeping up, Hickman's writing style is annoying when not binge reading 'cause it's a flip of a coin if the comic's gonna be interesting or really boring), she would somehow destroy Krakoa? Though that's also assuming "No More Krakoa™" means it'd be destroyed, maybe they'd abandon it and go live on the moon or Mars or somethin' lol.

Which is honestly surprising, I expected for Hickman to stay until he did at least most of what he planned lol.

Oh well, may the other writers keep this interesting, X-Men went through **** for too long and something that leave toxic nostalgia behind, at least for now, is good.
    Well considering that it took a while for Mephisto deal to backfire on Peter he is safe for a while, still is kind of weird that Mephisto now has this weird fascination with Peter and the others spider, while would he care lol. There is als9 Ben, or did make a deal with a demon too at some point?

That post is good and hilarious, i always like seeing trivia in more minor characthers, is kind of fun to see how bonkers some writers go with then. And damn poor Julia, nothing seems to go right for her when it comes to helping other, i guest they should always follow then opposite of her advice, maybe that will help lol. How was Freedom Force?.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Well considering that it took a while for Mephisto deal to backfire on Peter he is safe for a while, still is kind of weird that Mephisto now has this weird fascination with Peter and the others spider, while would he care lol. There is als9 Ben, or did make a deal with a demon too at some point?
    Peter, Ben, SpOck and Miles all made deals with Mephisto. It’s certainly… a thing, for some reason.

Extraordinary Member

That post is good and hilarious, i always like seeing trivia in more minor characthers, is kind of fun to see how bonkers some writers go with then. And damn poor Julia, nothing seems to go right for her when it comes to helping other, i guest they should always follow then opposite of her advice, maybe that will help lol. How was Freedom Force?.
    Peter makes sense, I listed the reasons why Mephisto might want him gone.But that Miles deal was just a cheap OMD copy thing.

The thing is he has a healing factor, one that cured him of 3rd degree burns all over his body in a couple days.He healed from blindness in a few minutes and completely in hours.He healed from takning re-entry and multiple blasts from zodiac key in an hour.He healed from the worst flu doctors have ever seen in minutes.

Unless Beyond used something specific to take him down I'm calling BS.

Shame, both 1610 and 65 are great setting and they throw them in 616.Those worlds are what made them special and now they're just another piece in the puzzle and not important ones.

Well considering that it took a while for Mephisto deal to backfire on Peter he is safe for a while, still is kind of weird that Mephisto now has this weird fascination with Peter and the others spider, while would he care lol.
    Peter makes sense 'cause it was a dark time and, well, Mephisto's Mephisto lol.

The weird thing is how at some point he went after the rest very fast, 'cause OMD was in 2007, then he went after Ben in Ben Reilly#16 in 2018, Miles in Champions#2 in February 2019, and then Otto in September 2019, kinda surprising it stopped there, well, when it comes to Spider-Men, think he also had a thing in Avengers where it's revealed he's been a pain in their ass since the beginning?"

There is als9 Ben, or did make a deal with a demon too at some point?
    Ben did in his own comic.

Hell, he made two deals, first one was in Ben Reilly#16, to get a cure for some girl who was dying, and Mephisto also promissed to purify his soul, and what he had to do was to not help the other characters during the Damnation event, he breaks the deal on the very next issue.

Second one was basically a bet, Mephisto manipulated some people by changing their memories so they think Ben was selling the cure that could save the girl's life, and he said he'd change their memories back if... Ben survived for an hour, and of course, Ben didn't, funnily enough, Mephisto restored their memories anyways, 'cause making them learn the truth was more painful lol.

But yeah, Peter, Ben, Otto, Miles, wouldn't be surprised if we learn that Ezekiel actually got his spider powers from Mephisto too, or if he made some deal after getting it 'cause Mephisto likes Spider-Men lol.

That post is good and hilarious, i always like seeing trivia in more minor characthers, is kind of fun to see how bonkers some writers go with then.
    Perks of not having plot armor lol.

Of course, not having plot armor means they can randomly die too, which's what happened with Calypso.

And damn poor Julia, nothing seems to go right for her when it comes to helping other, i guest they should always follow then opposite of her advice, maybe that will help lol.
    Considering that at first she was saying that Peter should let Norman handle Sin Eater, was convinced by Gwen to not let that happen, then Peter decided to do it anyway and she says that it was a bad idea like she was saying it was from the beginning... Yeah, doing the opposite can be good lol.

The best she ever was was in Spider-Island, where she actually did prepare Spidey for it by having him get trained by Shang Chi, then in tie-ins she helped Anya.

Spider-Island is also the story where she, unable to see the future, told Reed to re-activate that tower so she can be connected to the web of life again, which's what made Spider-Queen become super powered to begin with, so yeah.

After that, she either gave cryptic warnings so cryptic they didn't help, was in a coma or inexplicably depowered (She was blind during Spider-Verse because the web of life was gone, but should've gotten her powers back, and later stories actually removed her spider powers too for some reason, even though those have no reason to ever leave), and she was actually pretty competent in Prowler's comic, found her more interesting than Prowler's half assed attempt at being independent, then she returns in Sins Rising and LR, is mostly doing her usual useless nonsense, then, she actually gets the best Madame Web moment ever where she made a gambit to give Sin Eater her powers.

Although I still wonder if she knew or had an idea he'd kill himself, 'cause if she knew, that's... Brutal and very un-heroic, and regardless, she doesn't react to it afterwards so it looks like she doesn't care lol.

It's also weird her precog powers seem to be more powerful than Cassandra's, 'cause Cassandra's doesn't really get a clear vision of what's gonna happen, so when she helps she's actually being straight forward, or at least that was the case before the 90's, during the 90's and after it, I don't think she used her precognition much, if at all until Grim Hunt, where she only really couldn't see what the Kravinovs were doing, then saw that she'd give away info after being tortured, and that Mattie would die, but Julia who seems to have stronger precognition decides to go for cryptic bullshit like she's 90's cartoon Cassandra? Why? Lol

How was Freedom Force?.
    It was meh, basically the villains kept saying that they're working for the government and are good guys, but were still obviously villanous and no one really kept a leash on them, so they were abusing their power to go torment super-heroes, so the only general difference is that, when they lost they didn't get arrested 'cause they're working for the government lol.

I dunno what happened 'em after Julia left, maybe something was done to make them stand out from an usual super-villain team

Best thing from it I saw was Avengers Annual#15 vol 1, where the art is questionable and we get some really epic faces, specially from Mystique, which I uploaded here:

https://imgur.com/a/WpWt2xO

But some highlights:

Destiny's mask is surprisingly expressive lol.

And not facial expression related but, Mystique decides to grab a defeated Janet with ay, cereal box:

That's silly enough to be fitting in silver age, but keep in mind this issue is from 1986 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The thing is he has a healing factor, one that cured him of 3rd degree burns all over his body in a couple days.He healed from blindness in a few minutes and completely in hours.He healed from takning re-entry and multiple blasts from zodiac key in an hour.He healed from the worst flu doctors have ever seen in minutes.
    And then there was that one time in ASM#12 where a common cold fucks him over so much he can barely use his powers lol.

Not even the only time too, I remember there was a story where some creature was controlling the Hulk, Spidey fought the Hulk and defeated him by, giving that creature a cold, and I think that one was from the 80's.

So yeah, his one weakness is a common cold lol.

Unless Beyond used something specific to take him down I'm calling BS.
    Maybe Kindred's bullshit magic is what's gonna cripple him for a while lol.

Shame, both 1610 and 65 are great setting and they throw them in 616.Those worlds are what made them special and now they're just another piece in the puzzle and not important ones.
    I can at least understand Miles' case, 'cause Ultimate basically decided to speedrun its own death after Ultimatum, and only Miles was popular enough and the rest of the line got cancelled, while he could just stay in Ultimate and be the only comic from it, making him move into 616 where he can interact with more characters, yeah.

Gwen though, her whole gimmick is that she's from such a different world that Matt is the Kingpin, and they decide to, move her to 616? Meeeh...

Not saying Miles' case is justified, just that it's more understandable.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-26-2021 at 12:30 AM.