Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I hope he didn't force his ending
    Rush - not force.

Looks nice. I hope the issue delivers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, they could’ve just gotten a divorce. It would’ve sucked, but at least it wouldn’t have erased and/or altered decades of continuity. Such a weirdly toxic thing for Quesada to say that a hero like Spidey would never get a divorce. Good people get divorces for different reasons all the time. No, instead… let’s make a deal with the devil! Brilliant, much better… /s

You heard him…. He didn’t want to ruin the moment. Harry is, was, and always has been a huge coward. Norman is right about him in many ways.

The fact Harry didn’t warn Peter about his robot parents is something that has needed to be addressed for over 25 years, so I’m glad Spencer went there.
    Same.

I don’t know… they seem to have swept under the carpet the fact Ben Reilly tried to kill the global population and replace them all with clones in Clone Conspiracy and of course Otto who is one of Peter’s most ruthless villains also became a good guy in Superior, so anything is possible I suppose. I hope they don’t go that route though. Clone Harry can stick around as Harry Lyman.
    In Ben's case, the follow-up series had the decency, such as it was, to explain his actions in Clone Conspiracy as the end result of being psychologically and spiritually damaged from 27 torturous deaths and resurrections inflicted on him by the original Jackal. Didn't make any of it right, but at least it made more sense as the end product of his soul having degenerated, and since that was eventually fixed in Spider-Geddon . . . well, maybe that's how Beyond Corp gets its hooks in Ben as its new sponsored Spider-Man, promising to help him do enough good to fully redeem himself for his actions as the new Jackal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance.

Rule of 3 man .

Is that about the Spider-Man Beyond thing? I have no idea what's up with that lol.

Like, I can understand the whole thing about thinking Kindred was actually Sarah/Gabriel, I myself fell for it until Huntsman pointed it out to me what's up (Was just me being stupid too lol), but, Ben replacing Peter? Come on, we've had an attempt of that back in the 90's, look how it turned out, very unlikely Marvel would try that again, specially when Ben has barely been around.
    Yup, is from Spider-Man Beyond, the premise is...unexpected but i'm willing to give it shot. However, it does had more than one writer and well i kind of loss faith in that idea after the previous revival of Uncanny X-Men with the "Dissasemble" storyarc.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Ben's case, the follow-up series had the decency, such as it was, to explain his actions in Clone Conspiracy as the end result of being psychologically and spiritually damaged from 27 torturous deaths and resurrections inflicted on him by the original Jackal. Didn't make any of it right, but at least it made more sense as the end product of his soul having degenerated, and since that was eventually fixed in Spider-Geddon . . . well, maybe that's how Beyond Corp gets its hooks in Ben as its new sponsored Spider-Man, promising to help him do enough good to fully redeem himself for his actions as the new Jackal.
    Man, Spider-Geddon magically fixing Ben was so much bullshit, here we have someone whose soul was damaged because he was resurrected too many times, now... Let's resurrect him one more time now he's back to normal.

Even if the "too many resurrections" explanation is ignored in favor of what Slott went for, that being killed that many times fucked over his mind, it's still too convenient and easy to fix it, but hey, comic books lol.

Wonder if Beyond will at least make a comment about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yup, is from Spider-Man Beyond, the premise is...unexpected but i'm willing to give it shot. However, it does had more than one writer and well i kind of loss faith in that idea after the previous revival of Uncanny X-Men with the "Dissasemble" storyarc.
    Is Beyond gonna be a "sequel" to Spencer's ASM for a while until the next writer shows up? I'm really out of the loop lol.

What happened in that Uncanny relaunch? An arc being called "dissassembled" doesn't give me good vibes.

Having more than one writer in the same run can also give, inconsistency issues, guess Marvel didn't learn from BND... Are they trying to pick the next Dan Slott to write Spidey for a decade?

Is Beyond gonna be a "sequel" to Spencer's ASM for a while until the next writer shows up? I'm really out of the loop lol.

What happened in that Uncanny relaunch? An arc being called "dissassembled" doesn't give me good vibes.

Having more than one writer in the same run can also give, inconsistency issues, guess Marvel didn't learn from BND... Are they trying to pick the next Dan Slott to write Spidey for a decade?
    It's a "sequel" in as far as its the next major Spider-Man storyline, but it doesn't seem like it will be carrying on anything Spencer and will just be an interim era until they have the next main writer ready.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a "sequel" in as far as its the next major Spider-Man storyline, but it doesn't seem like it will be carrying on anything Spencer and will just be an interim era until they have the next main writer ready.
    I’m thankful Spencer left early and somewhat suddenly, otherwise we probably wouldn’t have gotten this stopgap Spider-Ben story.

Peter and MJ are still together since the beginning of Spencer's run and that looks like it's carrying over. So there is that.

Astonishing Member

Man, Spider-Geddon magically fixing Ben was so much bullshit, here we have someone whose soul was damaged because he was resurrected too many times, now... Let's resurrect him one more time now he's back to normal.

Even if the "too many resurrections" explanation is ignored in favor of what Slott went for, that being killed that many times fucked over his mind, it's still too convenient and easy to fix it, but hey, comic books lol.

Beyond is in part a sequel to Spencer ( think of the roles of Kraven, MJ and Otto in both arcs). Obviously Ben and Morbius is not Spencer related. As for the next writer, while I can see Beyond as an “Audition” for the next writer, I sincerely doubt they are looking for the next Dan Slott ( based on the hate from fans and the changes by Spencer). What do I expect? Maybe a dozen issues of Beyond, then the next writer ( 60th Anniversary of Amazing Fantasy 15 and issue 900), and it will be a different writer for 1000.

Thanks.

I’m thankful Spencer left early and somewhat suddenly, otherwise we probably wouldn’t have gotten this stopgap Spider-Ben story.
    Wonder if they'll screw over Ben again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Peter and MJ are still together since the beginning of Spencer's run and that looks like it's carrying over. So there is that.
    Question is how long lol.

Also possible MJ may end up being poorly written again, or maybe against all odds we'll get a writer who knows how to write her lol.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Beyond is in part a sequel to Spencer ( think of the roles of Kraven, MJ and Otto in both arcs). Obviously Ben and Morbius is not Spencer related.
    Wasn't aware Morbius was in this lol.

As for the next writer, while I can see Beyond as an “Audition” for the next writer, I sincerely doubt they are looking for the next Dan Slott ( based on the hate from fans and the changes by Spencer).
    Who knows, comic books are really good at repeating moronic mistakes.

What do I expect? Maybe a dozen issues of Beyond, then the next writer ( 60th Anniversary of Amazing Fantasy 15 and issue 900), and it will be a different writer for 1000.
    Right, 900 will come around soon lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-24-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Kinda, it seems that we'll get two issues that are gonna be Peter and MJ dealing with the fallout, then something happens that let Peter in a coma and Ben takes over.

As for Uncanny, it was mostly ten issues of boring fight scenes when Legion and Nate Grey came back and let to another boring AU type of event called "Age of X-Man", it was so boring that not only i didn't follow anything out of the event, but my favorite scene is one stupid moment when Jubilee gets thrown around like a ragdoll and somehow doesn't die in spite of not having super-strength lol (and if you are curious, no she wasn't a vampire anymore, so she doesn't had that excuse).

Huh, funny that you mention BND, i guest that is possible that one of the 3 would be the main writter at some point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I don't think it's ever been officially stated that Beyond will be a short thing lasting til #900 but I think it's the reasonable expectation everybody's running with cause that's just how these things seem to go. I think everybody would be surprised if it lasted past 900 especially after how drawn out the Kindred story was.

But then again, whoever comes on after- if it's just one person- that would be quite the workload for writing. I'm tellin ya, 3 times a month is not good for good stories unless it's a ton of teams working then at least it's not as cramped for time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think it's ever been officially stated that Beyond will be a short thing lasting til #900 but I think it's the reasonable expectation everybody's running with cause that's just how these things seem to go. I think everybody would be surprised if it lasted past 900 especially after how drawn out the Kindred story was.

But then again, whoever comes on after- if it's just one person- that would be quite the workload for writing. I'm tellin ya, 3 times a month is not good for good stories unless it's a ton of teams working then at least it's not as cramped for time.
    It’d be funny if it lasted until #1,000 just to see some heads on this forum explode.

Maybe this Spider-Ben era will last longer than the one from the 90s…
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 09-24-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Question is how long lol.

Also possible MJ may end up being poorly written again, or maybe against all odds we'll get a writer who knows how to write her lol.
    She's getting a spotlight issue where she and Peter work together to solve a murder at the hospital where Peter is recovering. So there is that.
    Wasn't aware Morbius was in this lol.
    A few old faces are popping back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

I don't think the current round-robin writing scenario is feasible either which makes Beyond feel even more temporary.

Mighty Member

A part of me is wondering if the Beyond story has anything to do with the Ditko estate situation. Building up Ben in the case that Marvel will legally have to stop publishing anything to do with Peter Parker.
    We don’t know how long this case has been brewing for and it could explain why the publishing of the second half of Spencer’s run has felt off.