Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

So I'm a bit worried here. spoilers:
    All those scans and nothing OMD related was spoiled other than the Spider-Girl thing.
    end of spoilers If this whole thing is just glossed over I'm gonna be pretty pissed. We had all those juicy OMD references in Last Remains and what Harry wants Peter to confess. spoilers:

If that was in there why isn't it spoiled?

If there was something more substaintialy OMD related, why wouldn't Bleeding Cool spoil that? Why just the Spider-Girl panel, a vague reference to the future? Also, apparently Christos Gage "helped" Spencer with the main script. Could Spencer been told he could not address OMD afterall and we are getting a vague references and a gloss over of the subject in this issue?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    All those scans and nothing OMD related was spoiled other than the Spider-Girl thing.
    end of spoilers If this whole thing is just glossed over I'm gonna be pretty pissed. We had all those juicy OMD references in Last Remains and what Harry wants Peter to confess. spoilers:

If there was something more substaintialy OMD related, why wouldn't Bleeding Cool spoil that? Why just the Spider-Girl panel, a vague reference to the future? Also, apparently Christos Gage "helped" Spencer with the main script. Could Spencer been told he could not address OMD afterall and we are getting a vague references and a gloss over of the subject in this issue?
    end of spoilers
    I also found it odd that the secret scans weren’t OMD related. I guess we’ll know in 24 hours, eh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

end of spoilers
    We still have like 75-80+ pages and I doubt this will be fighting heavy considering Sinister War so we will get a lot more.

The overall sense from this run I'm getting is "cleanup, cleanup, and more cleanup."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The overall sense from this run I'm getting is "cleanup, cleanup, and more cleanup."
    w/ great characterization.It not only gave us the best Spider-man,MJ,Black Cat, etc. we've seen in a while it didn't ignore the OOC stuff but countered it and had them grow from it.

I don't doubt it will be addressed in some manner, but a certain possibility is that it remains between Strange and Mephisto, the characters don't actually find out and/or it's put on hold till #900 or whatever it is they're planning with Mephisto. Would be disappointing for sure, and further the idea that they didn't actually want Spencer to go there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I don't doubt it will be addressed in some manner, but a certain possibility is that it remains between Strange and Mephisto, the characters don't actually find out and/or it's put on hold till #900 or whatever it is they're planning with Mephisto. Would be disappointing for sure, and further the idea that they didn't actually want Spencer to go there.
    If editorial did not want Spencer to have Peter and MJ together and to have erased OMD then why have Peter and MJ together in AU? Not to mention, Spencer had Norman save her instead of letting her get the Gwen treatment. I would also note this quote: “I know, the beginning, middle and ending of the story.” ( Nick Spencer). I am of the opinion that the ending we are getting ( good, bad or indifferent) is the ending Spencer wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    If editorial did not want Spencer to have Peter and MJ together and to have erased OMD then why have Peter and MJ together in AU? Not to mention, Spencer had Norman save her instead of letting her get the Gwen treatment. I would also note this quote: “I know, the beginning, middle and ending of the story.” ( Nick Spencer). I am of the opinion that the ending we are getting ( good, bad or indifferent) is the ending Spencer wanted.
    Well for one, Gage getting into the mix makes me believe the thing was rushed due to Spencer leaving, sidetracked, or otherwise changed from its original conception due to creative differences.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that editorial didn't want Spencer's original ending and they reached a compromise (hence the "happy couple" ending page), or that he rushed things to have it all tied before leaving. So I wouldn't outright blame editorial or anything, but there's been enough bumps before this run to be cautious.

Astonishing Member

Well for one, Gage getting into the mix makes me believe the thing was rushed due to Spencer leaving, sidetracked, or otherwise changed from its original conception due to creative differences.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that editorial didn't want Spencer's original ending and they reached a compromise (hence the "happy couple" ending page), or that he rushed things to have it all tied before leaving. So I wouldn't outright blame editorial or anything, but there's been enough bumps before this run to be cautious.
    What do I think happened with Spencer needing Gage? Dan Slott put it best “Spider-Man is a young man’s comic.” ( Dan Slott). It simply became too difficult writing just about every week. One other point is this: Prior to the December solicits and recent news, it was assumed that Marvel was caught Flat Footed with Spencer leaving, so they came up with a Ben Reilly story and BND style multiple teams until a permanent writer was found. Apparently this is not the case. They are doing multiple Parker stories in December ( Gleason with Amazing and the Non Stop Team doing Savage Spider-Man) while Ben is heavily tied into Miles ( with Ben appearing in Miles book as well as Amazing and Ahmad doing both Amazing and Miles book). Trust me Marvel has everything planned out: Just like Spencer did.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-28-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    w/ great characterization.It not only gave us the best Spider-man,MJ,Black Cat, etc. we've seen in a while it didn't ignore the OOC stuff but countered it and had them grow from it.
    I'm not arguing he knows how to write the characters well, I'm just not sure if that makes up for the flaws in the run by the end.

Extraordinary Member

Ehhh, ASM was coming out like 3-5 issues a month.I can see why he may have needed the help

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not arguing he knows how to write the characters well, I'm just not sure if that makes up for the flaws in the run by the end.
    After a decade+ of BND/Slott and more Cleanup and Great Characterization is the most important things IMO.It was either this or reboot to get Spider-man out of the rut they put him in.Ofc they went right back to story that screams of BND w/ a BND style team but hopefully it doesn't last and we get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    After a decade+ of BND/Slott and more Cleanup and Great Characterization is the most important things IMO.It was either this or reboot to get Spider-man out of the rut they put him in.Ofc they went right back to story that screams of BND w/ a BND style team but hopefully it doesn't last and we get back on track.
    Agreed for the first half of the run. Not sure if that quite carried the second half.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.
    The real question is, if the next writer messes stuff up, or if he builds on top of this run.

I don't want to see Kraven resurrected again.

Incredible Member

I’ve yet to understand what Hunter “cleaned up”.