Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 646 to 660 of 660
  1. #646
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    These "best seller lists" tend to just be stores that BC pool directly. I don't know how they're doing estimates since I hear both Marvel and DC are leaving Diamond, but when I used to check comic news a lot more than I do now, I remember there being a lot of discrepancy from time to time - these are part of the overall nation-wide sales, but it's just a crop of the full picture.
    Well it's better than nothing, is there any credible sources for sales that you know of?

  2. #647
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well it's better than nothing, is there any credible sources for sales that you know of?
    I'm not saying it's not credible - it's just that it's just a part of the whole. Like, let's say MCU: The Cameoning premieres at the same time as something clearly more niche like, I don't know, Free Guy 2: Freedom Harder. Some theater chains at a specific periphery might see better business from Free Guy 2 for a bunch of reasons, but then if you look at the whole, nationwide, MCU made more. It's kinda like this, BC just gets a picture of specific regions that report to the site.

    It doesn't mean #74 will sell more or less than Inferno on principle, just that we have to see the final data for the month to know that. So far it just means that for that specific periphery, #74 did better.

    As for credible sites, everybody went to Comichron back in day, but IIRC those were Diamond estimates. I'm not sure if they were still handling DC estimates when they left Diamond, but provided the site is around and they're still doing their thing, it's probably a good place to take a look at.

  3. #648
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Although the circumstances are different, in many ways the end of Spencer's tenure on ASM reminds me of Hickman leaving the Ultimate Universe back in 2011.
    I remember checking out the number of issues he wrote for Ultimate, and it surprisingly was only a few issues, like only two minis and 12 issues for Ultimates? Do we know why he left?

  4. #649
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I remember checking out the number of issues he wrote for Ultimate, and it surprisingly was only a few issues, like only two minis and 12 issues for Ultimates? Do we know why he left?
    To take over Avengers or FF? I think it was around that time.

  5. #650
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To take over Avengers or FF? I think it was around that time.
    Checking out the wiki here, his run on F4 started way before he wrote anything Ultimate related:

    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...Hickman/Writer

    And he was writing the Ultimate stuff while he was writing the F4, and FF comics, then once Ultimates ended, he was on the last issues of his F4 and FF runs, and a few months later he started his Avengers run.

    Maybe he didn't want to write two different continuities of the same team? Also possible he stopped 'cause he was spreading himself too thin between F4 and Ultimate stuff before, or maybe something dumb happened behind the scenes that made him drop Ultimate.

  6. #651
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Mothcave
    Posts
    2,177

    Default

    So, did nobody else think Norman's entire story was leading to him sacrificing himself FOR Harry as a redemptive act?

    Like, as soon as Norman started protecting Kindred in the box his speech has been about trying to redeem himself to Harry. I was incredibly disappointed and frankly confused that Harry (one of the many Harrys) sacrificed himself for Norman.

    At the very least there could have been a line about Norman being theoretically "redeemed" by now being cleansed of the Goblin and, had Kindred impaled Norman, the Goblin Serum would have kicked in and the Goblin would be reborn in Norman. Something to that effect.

    Overall, this issue certainly... ended Spencer's run. Despite the many, MANY flaws pointed out already, I think it was mostly fine based on my expectations. I liked all the nonsense with clones and A.I.s and more clones (because I was already way beyond the point of taking any of this seriously). It was fun, even if it was a convoluted mess that didn't really make any sense. I'm glad Sins Past is forever put to rest.

    I hope we never hear about Kindred, Mephisto or reference OMD in a Spider-man comic again.

    Also, for everything Spencer tried to do to "tidy" continuity he sure left a LOT of crap for future writers to deal with. Lol.
    Just. Be. Nice.

  7. #652
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    So, did nobody else think Norman's entire story was leading to him sacrificing himself FOR Harry as a redemptive act?

    Like, as soon as Norman started protecting Kindred in the box his speech has been about trying to redeem himself to Harry. I was incredibly disappointed and frankly confused that Harry (one of the many Harrys) sacrificed himself for Norman.

    At the very least there could have been a line about Norman being theoretically "redeemed" by now being cleansed of the Goblin and, had Kindred impaled Norman, the Goblin Serum would have kicked in and the Goblin would be reborn in Norman. Something to that effect.

    Overall, this issue certainly... ended Spencer's run. Despite the many, MANY flaws pointed out already, I think it was mostly fine based on my expectations. I liked all the nonsense with clones and A.I.s and more clones (because I was already way beyond the point of taking any of this seriously). It was fun, even if it was a convoluted mess that didn't really make any sense. I'm glad Sins Past is forever put to rest.

    I hope we never hear about Kindred, Mephisto or reference OMD in a Spider-man comic again.

    Also, for everything Spencer tried to do to "tidy" continuity he sure left a LOT of crap for future writers to deal with. Lol.
    BND Harry was going to die, I think people called that as well.I thought Norman would die to free Harry's soul from Mephisto.

    Also Spencer didn't leave much they have to deal w/, all this is either never going to be brought up or will be done in the Mephisto event coming up, none of the this effects ASM aside from the "what does MJ know" thing which maybe they do in Beyond but likely will be ignored.Rest stuff like rose, Teresa are very open ended so writers can do whatever they want w/ them.

  8. #653
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I remember checking out the number of issues he wrote for Ultimate, and it surprisingly was only a few issues, like only two minis and 12 issues for Ultimates? Do we know why he left?
    The official story is that the book wasn't selling, so he was taken off of it and a different writer was put on the book

  9. #654
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To take over Avengers or FF? I think it was around that time.
    He was taking over the Avengers which would be three books a month.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  10. #655
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The official story is that the book wasn't selling, so he was taken off of it and a different writer was put on the book
    I don't believe anyone expected higher sales from replacement writer Sam Humphies. It would be unusual to offer a writer with disappointing sales a bigger book.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  11. #656
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't believe anyone expected higher sales from replacement writer Sam Humphies. It would be unusual to offer a writer with disappointing sales a bigger book.
    And he didn't really help sales much in the end...

  12. #657
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Joe Quesada and Zeb Wells were just added as additional writers to ASM #73 and #74 respectively who were not credited originally in those issues. I posted screenshots from Marvel's website on the other thread.

    Were Marvel trying to hide this info to avoid fan outrage before the books were released and sales were made?

    Here is one:

  13. #658
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Joe Quesada and Zeb Wells were just added as additional writers to ASM #73 and #74 respectively who were not credited originally in those issues. I posted screenshots from Marvel's website on the other thread.

    Were Marvel trying to hide this info to avoid fan outrage before the books were released and sales were made?

    Here is one:
    These names aren't on the credits inside the books themselves, so it's weird to see this listed on the site.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me at:
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com/

  14. #659
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    These names aren't on the credits inside the books themselves, so it's weird to see this listed on the site.
    It wasn't on the site before. But it was updated after it was released. Were they keeping it a secret but now that it's already been released and it's over they are crediting Quesada on it?

  15. #660
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    NEVER MIND, I was reminded that Quesada wrote the 911 tribute! Duh. Sorry!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •