Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I’ve yet to understand what Hunter “cleaned up”.
    The black cat and Peter relationship. Besides that nothing since Kraven son/clone is basically him so nothing change
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The way I see it Spencer undid everything he didn’t like

Kraven death he undid it
    Harry coming back undid it
    Sins past undid it

I don’t think he’s going to do OMD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    The black cat and Peter relationship. Besides that nothing since Kraven son/clone is basically him so nothing change
    He gave the real Kraven his death.
    He also fixed Black cat as a character on top of her relationship w/ peter.
    It also was a great Lizard story on top.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.
    I feel like the issue is the lack of substance in-between the beginning and ending because of all that clean up.
    Kraven is dead but we have clone Kraven for anyone that wants to still use Kraven.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Kept Kraven in the ground while also letting Kraven be a Spidey-rogue. Best meet in the middle kind of option we were ever going to get.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the issue is the lack of substance in-between the beginning and ending because of all that clean up.

Kraven is dead but we have clone Kraven for anyone that wants to still use Kraven.
    Yeah I agree. I don’t know how well it’ll stand on its own? Hard to tell.

Mighty Member

and his daughter Ana

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, as a “clean-up” run, he’s done a darn good job. You can actually read FORWARD in the next run, rather than constantly casting your mind back to OMD wondering when and if it will ever be addressed.
    Fr fr

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    The real question is, if the next writer messes stuff up, or if he builds on top of this run.

I don't want to see Kraven resurrected again.
    Agreed, which is what scares me about Beyond and beyond Beyond(lol).The key is a writer who gets Spider-man like Chip or DeMatties and only one writer.And classic style stories focused on Peter,MJ, etc.Tbf Beyond can be a breath of fresh air but only if they have major Peter stuff right after it.The slate is cleared and as long as Beyond doesn't make any major changes we'll be good.
    Oh and get rid of the Spider-family.Not kill them, they'll still have all their solo stuff but don't jam Peter w/ them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

s

I can see that, I enjoyed Spencer's B,C plots as well.Chameleon conspiracy and King's Ransom were B-/+ for me.I can live w/ it.

Kept Kraven in the ground while also letting Kraven be a Spidey-rogue. Best meet in the middle kind of option we were ever going to get.
    Agreed, instead of someone digging Kraven back up again he made it so that they can do it w/out ruining his death.

It won't stand as well as the best solo, it's still far superior than anything in the BND era though.I think that's okay though, the run isn't meant to be a great solo run, It's meant to clean slate for other writers to create such runs w/ no problems which hopefully we will get after Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I can see that, I enjoyed Spencer's B,C plots as well.Chameleon conspiracy and King's Ransom were B-/+ for me.I can live w/ it.
    I don't think he quite nailed the momentum and endings, but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It won't stand as well as the best solo, it's still far superior than anything in the BND era though.I think that's okay though, the run isn't meant to be a great solo run, It's meant to clean slate for other writers to create such runs w/ no problems which hopefully we will get after Beyond.
    I'm not sure if that's complimentary, but I guess in the long run it's true.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I've enjoyed Spencer's run quite a bit. I like his take on the characters and their various dynamics.

So for me personally, his success or failure doesn't hinge entirely on whether he sticks the landing with Kindred.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I've enjoyed Spencer's run quite a bit. I like his take on the characters and their various dynamics.

So for me personally, his success or failure doesn't hinge entirely on whether he sticks the landing with Kindred.
    Same here.

I will be extremely disappointed if Peter doesn't learn about the deal though... with all the OMD panels included in Last Remains, the "confess" by Kindred, the "You did this to me" / "To friends and a Brand New Day", the "The Answer is Yes" by MJ in Peter's astral plane, the demons from OMD in Peter's astral plane: (Kingpan, assassin, Aunt May, MJ). It's ALL THERE. It's all built for this. You know Spencer wants to address it.

If it's not addressed more than what we've seen in spoilers then I 100% believe it was editorial interference with Spencer's original plan... and knowing that it would just mean that Marvel does not want OMD directly dealt with. It's like he can talk about the deal without saying what it is. It's just tiptoeing around the elephant. It's there, you know people are all talking about it, but no one can actually turn on the light and show it.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-28-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I will be extremely disappointed if Peter doesn't learn about the deal though... with all the OMD panels included in Last Remains, the "confess" by Kindred, the "You did this to me" / "To friends and a Brand New Day", the "The Answer is Yes" by MJ in Peter's astral plane, the demons from OMD in Peter's astral plane: (Kingpan, assassin, Aunt May, MJ). It's ALL THERE. It's all built for this. You know Spencer wants to address it.

If it's not addressed more than what we've seen in spoilers then I 100% believe it was editorial interference with Spencer's original plan... and knowing that it would just mean that Marvel does not want OMD directly dealt with.
    editors suck in both manga and comics feel like they do more harm than good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

There's a guy on 4Chan who claims that he read the issue already, and if he's telling the truth, well, spoilers:
    Peter and MJ don't find out anything, lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

I really enjoyed the run from the beginning, but it felt like over time he pivoted too much away from the characters and the stories that he was good with and kept certain stories going on for far longer than they should have.