Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    here ya go in hand

Attachment 114161
    Thanks a lot.So are all other plot points even addressed or......

funny the 4chan forum is referencing this forum
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    "Doctor Strange's soul bet gets awkwardly retconned to be about Harry Osborn instead of Peter."
    end of spoilers

Man on 4chan does have a point, this is the scan to show.

BANNED

As I said, we need to accept the story that Spencer wrote, so don't get your hopes too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Are we internet famous or what?

Astonishing Member

Guilty, I've been lurking since I lost my old e-mail and was too lazy to make a new account

Astonishing Member

yup OMD ruin people lives
    p
    OMD does not ruin lives ( at least those who have a life like me). But that story followed by Slott’s bad run sure took away a lot of my interest. Even now, Yankees/Blue Jays, Penn State/Indiana and Islanders pre season interest me more then Spider-Man. Pre OMD it was only Yankees.

Guess another writer is going to have to clean this mess up

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As I said, we need to accept the story that Spencer wrote, so don't get your hopes too high.
    When has that ever stopped a fandom ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    p
    OMD does not ruin lives ( at least those who have a life like me). But that story followed by Slott’s bad run sure took away a lot of my interest. Even now, Yankees/Blue Jays, Penn State/Indiana and Islanders pre season interest me more then Spider-Man. Pre OMD it was only Yankees.
    I feel like people have been too much on fixing OMD onto this run. Granted, Spencer didn't help matters.

Mighty Member

@shadow panther - feel free to be as spoiler-y or as vague as you wish, but does the last issue explain at all what Peter's supposed sin was that Kindred ranted about in Last Remains?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I feel like people have been too much on fixing OMD onto this run. Granted, Spencer didn't help matters.
    When Last Remains has an issue with half the pages literally copied directly from the end of OMD, I wonder why. Also features Peters corrupted soul with One More Day demons infestating it and MJ repeatedly saying THE ANSWR IS YES…. Mysterio even tells Peter and MJ that THEY are the reason all this is happening with an image of Mephisto.

Again its supposed to be about One More Day. No one is incorrectly fixing OMD to it. Spencer wasnt allowed to have Peter CONFESS in his run.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-28-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Damn, 74 issues of cockteasing only to have editorial either block him or Spencer chickened out at the last moment. Least I got some Mayday love. Maybe they’re saving it for issue 900? But with Spencer gone who knows if any of the writers taking over even want to go that route.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn, 74 issues of cockteasing only to have editorial either block him or Spencer chickened out at the last moment. Least I got some Mayday love. Maybe they’re saving it for issue 900? But with Spencer gone who knows if any of the writers taking over even want to go that route.
    No way Spencer chickened out, he was clearly building to address One More Day. He didnt either because he was leaving early so someone after him will follow up on it instead for 900, or because editorial went against it and made him change. My guess is the latter.

Astonishing Member

Actually NO. Why do I think OMD needs to go away? For me it ( along with the film Paradise Hills) is the only fictional story I hate with a passion. It is also the kind of bad story that someone could write a thesis paper about. It can be titled Spider-Man: Before And After One More Day. Including Peter as a Man-Child and Peter as “Pathetic Parker/Damsel In Distress. My one sentence argument against it: There can be no character growth as long as that story is canon.

Astonishing Member

Well, being interested in ‘Spider-Man’ again was fun while it lasted. I’ll read ‘Beyond’ since I’m a big Ben Reilly fan, but even that doesn’t seem that special anymore since this will leave a bad taste in my mouth if the spoilers are confirmed (and the guy in this thread holding an actual copy in my hand leaves me to believe it’s 99% true (the 1% doubt would be if he’s a master troll, which would be equally admirable ). I gotta stop getting invested in Big 2 comic runs. They always lead to disappointment….

At least I have ‘Squid Game’ to finish on Netflix. Now THAT’S something to look forward to and never lets me down.

Astonishing Member

With hype comes expectations and hopes. Then if you dash those hopes, people get twice as angry for you getting them up in the first place.

Fwiw, I wouldn’t blame Spencer. He probably had to fight editorial just to include the Mayday fighting Mephisto panels. Sounds like the usual story… editorial screwed up a writer’s master-plan by thinking they know better (which they never have… ever). They did this so much in the 90s and early 00s, but now it’s 2021 and somehow they still haven’t learned their lesson. Incredible.