Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, they could’ve just gotten a divorce. It would’ve sucked, but at least it wouldn’t have erased and/or altered decades of continuity. Such a weirdly toxic thing for Quesada to say that a hero like Spidey would never get a divorce. Good people get divorces for different reasons all the time. No, instead… let’s make a deal with the devil! Brilliant, much better… /s

You heard him…. He didn’t want to ruin the moment. Harry is, was, and always has been a huge coward. Norman is right about him in many ways.

The fact Harry didn’t warn Peter about his robot parents is something that has needed to be addressed for over 25 years, so I’m glad Spencer went there.
    i mean could he explain robot parents twin kids back up memory in time?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

C'moooon Spencer! Come through! Come through!

Hydra Cap and all the bs would be forgiven if you actually pull this off.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=HypnoHustler;5743857]Yeah, they could’ve just gotten a divorce. It would’ve sucked, but at least it wouldn’t have erased and/or altered decades of continuity. Such a weirdly toxic thing for Quesada to say that a hero like Spidey would never get a divorce. Good people get divorces for different reasons all the time. No, instead… let’s make a deal with the devil! Brilliant, much better… /s

You heard him…. He didn’t want to ruin the moment. Harry is, was, and always has been a huge coward. Norman is right about him in many ways.

The fact Harry didn’t warn Peter about his robot parents is something that has needed to be addressed for over 25 years, so I’m glad Spencer went there.[/QUOTE
    There is a reason why Norman wanted Peter to be his successor and not Harry. That reason is Harry is weak and pathetic and his father knows this. Of course, to be fair Norman himself in Legacy of Evil was shown to be weak.

Looks pretty cool. Damn, Harry you went to the grave with a lot of secrets.

Fair to say, those 4Chan spoilers were inaccurate (or at least partially so).
    What did the spoilers say?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Only 6? I envy you. Been hearing about OMD in every thread here since it happened and i'm fed up with it.

Edit: saw that you explained yourself in a later comment. Either way, i envy you. Lol
    I've only really been seeing a lot of bitching about OMD since I joined CBR, while I did hear it before a few times, I didn't interact with fans a lot, so I'm even luckier since it's only 4 years in my case, even less considering the times I randomly stopped showing up here .

Either way, while I don't particularly care that much about OMD being addressed/retconned/whatever, I at least hope this is a nice conclusion to the story, and I think Spencer's run? Is this his last issue?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, I’m stoked. I think he’s had to force his ending, but this still looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

I've only really been seeing a lot of bitching about OMD since I joined CBR, while I did hear it before a few times, I didn't interact with fans a lot, so I'm even luckier since it's only 4 years in my case, even less considering the times I randomly stopped showing up here .

Either way, while I don't particularly care that much about OMD being addressed/retconned/whatever, I at least hope this is a nice conclusion to the story, and I think Spencer's run? Is this his last issue?
    Yup this is the end, unless he pulls another Giant-Size issue out of his ass lol. After this, is Peter getting acquainted and Ben Reilly is there too.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't remember everything. They were stupid. Basically that the Harry stuff was a head-fake red herring, and Sarah and Gabriel Stacy were both cosplaying as Kindred basically. And also Mephisto will send some lightning bolt of death to strike down Peter for breaking the OMD deal, and that's why Ben takes over (we already know that's false, since it's been confirmed Peter and Ben team up at the beginning of 'Beyond').

I don't remember everything. They were stupid. Basically that the Harry stuff was a head-fake red herring, and Sarah and Gabriel Stacy were both cosplaying as Kindred basically. And also Mephisto will send some lightning bolt of death to strike down Peter for breaking the OMD deal, and that's why Ben takes over (we already know that's false, since it's been confirmed Peter and Ben team up at the beginning of 'Beyond').
    It's entirely possible that Marvel released these spoilers :V

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It's entirely possible that Marvel released these spoilers :V
    Well, there was also some stuff about Spencer leaving because Breevort was editorially meddling with his stories. I don't think they'd plant that.

Most likely, it was an attention-starved troll trying out his fan-fiction.

Spectacular Member

Only 6? I´ve been complaining since 2007...its a lot of time

Astonishing Member

Well, there was also some stuff about Spencer leaving because Breevort was editorially meddling with his stories. I don't think they'd plant that.

Spencer left because he had a more lucrative opportunity. That happens all the time.

Fantastic Member

Welp here's the big finale huh, wonder if it will actually land. I assume Spencer is going to cap this how he intended regardless of how rushed this ending goes, so here's hoping it ends well.

4chan text spoilers in a nutshell. All the Slott hatred that leaked from those spoilers were the biggest giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yup this is the end, unless he pulls another Giant-Size issue out of his ass lol.
    So you're saying there's a chance.

Rule of 3 man .

After this, is Peter getting acquainted and Ben Reilly is there too.
    Is that about the Spider-Man Beyond thing? I have no idea what's up with that lol.

Like, I can understand the whole thing about thinking Kindred was actually Sarah/Gabriel, I myself fell for it until Huntsman pointed it out to me what's up (Was just me being stupid too lol), but, Ben replacing Peter? Come on, we've had an attempt of that back in the 90's, look how it turned out, very unlikely Marvel would try that again, specially when Ben has barely been around.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, I’m stoked. I think he’s had to force his ending, but this still looks great
    I hope he didn't force his ending