SPIDER-MAN’S FIRST HUNT!

• The hunter is now the prey.

• Can Kraven survive?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #34
    ZEB WELLS (W) • PATRICK GLEASON (A)

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

SPIDER-MAN’S HUNT CONTINUES!

• Who is Peter’s next victim?

• The penultimate chapter of a story you’ll never forget!

Looks like GG is coming back

Yeah, and GG is history... probably shouldn't have abbreviated Green Goblin's name considering Gold Goblin has the same initials, lol. #33's cover also shows the black suit, probably a temporary replacement for a destroyed Oscorp suit. Also, penultimate chapter? Is #35 the final issue of the run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and GG is history... probably shouldn't have abbreviated Green Goblin's name considering Gold Goblin has the same initials, lol. #33's cover also shows the black suit, probably a temporary replacement for a destroyed Oscorp suit. Also, penultimate chapter? Is #35 the final issue of the run?
    We can't be that lucky for the run to end with 35

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/21/ex...man-33-and-34/
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

SPIDER-MAN’S FIRST HUNT!

• The hunter is now the prey.

• Can Kraven survive?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #34

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

SPIDER-MAN’S HUNT CONTINUES!

• Who is Peter’s next victim?

• The penultimate chapter of a story you’ll never forget!

Looks like GG is coming back
    *yawn* Not this crap again. Remember when #26 was supposed to be the "most shocking Spidey issue in 50 years"?! Give me a break with this amateurish "shock" marketing. I swear this will be the worst run of Amazing in 30 years, see there I did it.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-21-2023 at 09:04 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    We can't be that lucky for the run to end with 35
    Indeed we can't. For those of you still reading this wonderful run, enjoy the ride such as it is.....

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So...I am guessing Peter ends up taking in Norman's sins and goes on a supervillain murder spree?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So...I am guessing Peter ends up taking in Norman's sins and goes on a supervillain murder spree?
    Sounds about right to me. The character assassination of 616 Pete isn't complete yet so why not go there?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sounds about right to me. The character assassination of 616 Pete isn't complete yet so why not go there?
    Didn't he get hit by the goblin gaze in gold goblin issue 5?

Maybe, I have no interest in "good" Norman so I never picked up (or otherwise read any part of) the latest colored Power Ranger er I mean the latest colored Goblin Series....

norman "killed" GQ before it transfer over fully I believe. Well its nice to see the black suit again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Seeing the Black Suit again got me wondering: Why wasn’t Peter wearing it at the beginning of this run? Modern writers, it feels, usually pull it out for an edgy, isolated Peter. And considering Peter avoids wearing it around MJ, and she had “moved on”, I’m suddenly shocked we haven’t seen it up until this point. Something like that seems right up Zeb’s alley.

Maybe he's wearing black because he still blames himself for Kamala's death? I assume the Oscorp suit will be destroyed, and he picks the black one instead of the classic red and blue as the replacement?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'm so sick of the black suit being trotted it out for every Kraven story. I love the look but this is such hack material especially after Spencer doing it during his not so great Kraven story. We got it the black suit was What he was buried in during the last hunt we got it stop reminding us the stories that are 10 times better than the ones that have been published in the last decade It's not a favorable comparison

As for why Peter has the black suit because in October Spider-Man will be in a video game wearing the black suit fighting Kraven in a game that will be played, and talked about, by several million more people than even glance at the cover of the comic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Beyond was bad enough, but I hope this is not Beyond on steroids with Peter becoming like Ben Reilly: A villain. That would actually do the impossible which is to eclipse OMD as the worst Spider Man story in history.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Beyond was bad enough, but I hope this is not Beyond on steroids with Peter becoming like Ben Reilly: A villain. That would actually do the impossible which is to eclipse OMD as the worst Spider Man story in history.
    The solicitations from last time did say that this was the "Darkest Arc" so, I am certain that Beyond on steroids is what we are getting. Well...what people who actually buy 616 Peter comics are getting, I don't waste money on bad comic books.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker