Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Hmm thinking on the spoiler Peter would have stop Mephisto one day somehow. But cause he has a kid it became his daughter instead of him. Hmm maybe we should hold off the marriage just a little bit. I want Peter to take the credit.
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I have to hand it to Spencer… he’s a good reverse engineer.

He takes bad stories from the past and tries to make them not just palatable, but even make sense a bit as if his retcon was the original idea all along… which of course it wasn’t. That takes talent. (Same talent you need when you bullshit the teacher about why you didn’t do your homework)

In conclusion… I can now say Spencer’s greatest weakness is pacing, and his greatest strength is retconning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Hmm thinking on the spoiler Peter would have stop Mephisto one day somehow. But cause he has a kid it became his daughter instead of him. Hmm maybe we should hold off the marriage just a little bit. I want Peter to take the credit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't it the other way around? May was the one supposed to stop Mephisto, so Mephisto got rid of the Marriage, so Peter and MJ can't Hanky Panky - May is not born. Without May, it's Peter who's supposed to stop Mephisto
    end of spoilers

Either way, Peter is still an obstacle to Mephisto. I wonder what happens next.

He was literally playing clean up honestly I prefer that then a reboot. Cause a reboot is just cheap doesn't advance the sorry in my opinion

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    spoilers:
    Isn't it the other way around? May was the one supposed to stop Mephisto, so Mephisto got rid of the Marriage, so Peter and MJ can't Hanky Panky - May is not born. Without May, it's Peter who's supposed to stop Mephisto
    end of spoilers
    Then if so i can't count this a win for Peter since it wasn't him .

Oh, and if the Bleeding Cool spoilers are right, then Kindred really was spoilers:
    just smoke and scientific mirrors in no way connected to Mephisto?
    end of spoilers.

If that's true, then it's on the "it was a dream all along" levels of bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Harry is confirmed to be demon from Hell in preview because of Norman, so, at least his powers are from there.

Oh, and if the Bleeding Cool spoilers are right, then Kindred really was spoilers:
    end of spoilers.

The spoilers kinda contradict themselves on that bit, because they also mention spoilers:
    "from Sins Past to Kindred, it's all been Mephisto's doing"
    end of spoilers

Also, what about the ending of #73 with Kindred breaking the floor open through hellfire? Seems pretty needless to say Kindred was doing his own faux demon thing AND there were actual demon things going on on the side.

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers.

You’re basing that on a couple panels that have nothing to do with Kindred? Lol okay, dude. #72-73 already confirmed the Harry connection.

end of spoilers.

How ? He’s in hell he could have gained powers we won’t know till we read the issue

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You’re basing that on a couple panels that have nothing to do with Kindred? Lol okay, dude. #72-73 already confirmed the Harry connection.
    Nope, on article itself.
    Also, I wrote "if spoilers are right" - I still take my spoilers with a grain of salt

Nope, on article itself.
    Also, I wrote "if spoilers are right" - I still take my spoilers with a grain of salt
    On the preview pages released when it shows Harry in Hell, there are centipedes crawling down from Mephisto's thrown. It's likely Harry's hell powers / Kindred persona is directly from Mephisto.

Damn looks like he might actually stick the landing after all. But then where does it go from here is the question? With him stepping away will someone else follow up on all this or will it just get tossed to the side? Guess we’ll see how the issue wraps it all up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn looks like he might actually stick the landing after all. But then where does it go from here is the question? With him stepping away will someone else follow up on all this or will it just get tossed to the side? Guess we’ll see how the issue wraps it all up.
    Issue 900 isn't that far away. Would be a good issue for a big follow up on all this...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But still sells, which is all Marvel really cares about at the end of the day.
    But how well.Spider-man is selling much better than Avengers rn.

He was literally playing clean up honestly I prefer that then a reboot. Cause a reboot is just cheap doesn't advance the sorry in my opinion
    Here here, and his execution has been on point even though his pacing has been wonky

Then if so i can't count this a win for Peter since it wasn't him .
    Ehhh... if he is aware of the deal and gets his kid back even in the future it's a win for me

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Agreed, we have still yet to see most of the issue.Kindred will obviously be expanded upon

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Issue 900 isn't that far away. Would be a good issue for a big follow up on all this...
    I feel 875-900 was the perfect engagement/marriage timing.Beyond is going to mess up the pace massively.Hopefully the next writers know what they are doing.I'm worried since Peter will be back in beyond along w/ MJ they will put a lot of the stuff in small amounts in like 1 in 4 issues and that's terrible.Maybe they wrap it up quick, like maybe till 885-890 and then the next team picks up.