Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    BANNED

Still can't believe it ended this way... what a joke. I don't believe Spencer didn't have his ending meddled with by editorial, especially since he hasn't commented on it. In hindsight if he was given the go ahead to 'erase' one more day, I wish he had just done it 2 years ago when he had a chance. Marvel clearly didn't like it being rubbed in their faces for so long. I wonder what he had originally had in mind, I wonder if we'll ever know...

Fantastic Member

I haven't fully read this storyline. So can someone summarize for me? Why exactly was Kindred attacking Spiderman/Peter Parker? What exactly was the sin that Peter Parker had committed for which Kindred was torturing him?
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 06-27-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    I haven't this storyline. So can someone summarize for me? Why exactly was Kindred attack Spiderman/Peter Parker? What exactly was the sin that Peter Parker had committed for which Kindred was torturing him?
    basically kindred is Gabriel and Sarah Stacy we discover they were clones created by AI Harry Osborn powered by Mephisto. The sin Peter committed absolute nothing
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    basically kindred is Gabriel and Sarah Stacy we discover they were clones created by AI Harry Osborn powered by Mephisto. The sin Peter committed absolute nothing
    Thanks for the reply.

So Kindred (Gabriel and Sarah Stacy) are torturing Peter as an order from Mephisto... or wait do they still think Peter is their father?
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 06-27-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s how it was always going to go honestly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s how it was always going to go honestly.
    So wasn't Peter supposed to confess to something? I thought that was the whole deal with Kindred... he was trying to make Peter confess to some sin.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

So wasn't Peter supposed to confess to something? I thought that was the whole deal with Kindred... he was trying to make Peter confess to some sin.
    One More Day was the sin, but Editorial put their hands all over everything at the last minute and completely ditched that plotline in favor of absolving Gwen of her Sins Past so that Zeb Wells could later try and inflict Sins Past on Mary Jane instead.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    One More Day was the sin, but Editorial put their hands all over everything at the last minute and completely ditched that plotline in favor of absolving Gwen of her Sins Past so that Zeb Wells could later try and inflict Sins Past on Mary Jane instead.
    So after the editorial changes, is the idea that Kindred clones are torturing Peter because they think he's their father?

So after the editorial changes, is the idea that Kindred clones are torturing Peter because they think he's their father?
    No, they already knew that Peter isn't their father as far back as Sins Past but what they discovered was that Norman wasn't their father and that Gwen wasn't their mother and that they are actually clones made by an A.I. of Harry Osborn controlled by Mephisto or something.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Fantastic Member

No, they already knew that Peter isn't their father but discovered that Norman wasn't their father and that Gwen wasn't their mother and that they are actually clones made by an A.I. of Harry Osborn controlled by Mephisto.
    So why are they after Peter?

So why are they after Peter?
    Because Mephisto was trying to stop Peter and Mary Jane from being together because if they are together, Mary Jane will eventually give birth to Mayday and she'll kick Mephisto's ass back to the time of Prince Wayfinder and The Wanderers. Meaning he won't get to rule Earth for time immemorial. It's all very convoluted.

Fantastic Member

Because Mephisto was trying to stop Peter and Mary Jane from being together because if they are together, Mary Jane will eventually give birth to Mayday and she'll kick Mephisto's ass back to the time of Prince Wayfinder and The Wanderers. Meaning he won't get to rule Earth for time immemorial. It's all very convoluted.
    Ah ok, so they are just obeying Mephisto's orders?

Ah ok, so they are just obeying Mephisto's orders?
    Yes, they are pawns of Mephisto.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This was the last Spider-Man issue I read. Sounds like I lucked out.

Super disappointed editorial didn’t let Spencer take this where he wanted to - because his ideas were solid.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    This was the last Spider-Man issue I read. Sounds like I lucked out.

Super disappointed editorial didn’t let Spencer take this where he wanted to - because his ideas were solid.
    Spencer is a solid writer and his book was a breath of fresh air. I really hate the way his run ended and how he was essentially run off. It was light years beyond the mess we have now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!