Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Man, this just reeks of editorial interference. There is literally no way to reconcile Last Remains with this issue. It’s beyond clear that Kindred was meant to be Harry, and he wanted Peter to confess that he did the exact same thing that Norman did, insofar as Peter also made a deal with Mephisto. Moreover, did Strange remove the taint on Peter’s soul? I read it this morning on ComiXology, and unless I missed it, it’s just not addressed. It wasn’t awful by any means, just vastly disappointing insofar as it’s clear this couldn’t possibly have been the intended ending.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't get the whole thing with Kindred. First Spencer reveals it's Harry, later Stacy twins come into the picture, but it's implied he's using their bodies as vessels. And then it turns out it was them all along, and Harry still in Hell? I really don't get this ****.
    spoilers:
    The Harry Osborn upload was a different entity than Harry's soul, which had been trapped in hell since SSM 200.

The actions of the clone showed Harry who he truly was, freed him from his guilt, and sent him off to heaven.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by David Walton; 09-29-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    I wonder why would the fans be focused on OMD...
    spoilers:
    Just my take on things, but this is the nail in the coffin for OMD.

Peter's soul was tainted by OMD and MJ's actions as Dr. Strange's second champion freed him from that burden.

Peter and MJ are suggested to be an inevitability now, even if there are breakups and other friction points along the way. Strange certainly seems confident that Mephisto overplayed his hand. Of course, readers and future creative teams are free to see it as they choose.

But there's a weight and permanence to Peter and MJ's relationship now in-universe.

I'm not saying fans shouldn't focus on OMD, btw, I just think something else pretty huge happened in this issue and it's weird that it's not getting any attention.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by David Walton; 09-29-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Just my take on things, but this is the nail in the coffin for OMD.

Peter's soul was tainted by OMD and MJ's actions as Dr. Strange's second champion freed him from that burden.

Peter and MJ are suggested to be an inevitability now, even if there are breakups and other friction points along the way. Strange certainly seems confident that Mephisto overplayed his hand. Of course, readers and future creative teams are free to see it as they choose.

But there's a weight and permanence to Peter and MJ's relationship now in-universe.

I'm not saying fans shouldn't focus on OMD, btw, I just think something else pretty huge happened in this issue and it's weird that it's not getting any attention.
    This, and we see you know who at the end.Mephisto doesn't see possibilities, he sees destinies.Hence he makes deals that he knows will work out, as Strange says he was arrogant and his deal only made them stronger.

Sorry for the spoilers, I just don't kInow how to put em. did like the Janine back up. MJ and Pete are inevitable. Heck the big man himself came all the way down to tell Peter that. Mephisto over played his hand indeed. Looking forward to beyond. And i like seeing Mayday.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, and we see you know who at the end.Mephisto doesn't see possibilities, he sees destinies.Hence he makes deals that he knows will work out, as Strange says he was arrogant and his deal only made them stronger.
    Neither does he understand how human reproduction works apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Sorry for the spoilers, I just don't kInow how to put em. did like the Janine back up. MJ and Pete are inevitable. Heck the big man himself came all the way down to tell Peter that. Mephisto over played his hand indeed. Looking forward to beyond. And i like seeing Mayday.
    I didn't think about spoilers!

you just put [spoil] and then the same but with a / in front of the s on the other end

Extraordinary Member

Neither does he understand how human reproduction works apparently
    Could you elaborate?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    Apparently he´s under the impression that only married couples can have children...or he´s catholic

Apparently he´s under the impression that only married couples can have children...or he´s catholic
    Well, if OMIT is canon, he's not wrong according to Quesada's take on MJ. She didn't want children outside of marriage. She's never changed her mind on that in story.

Although these issues show that OMIT's take on the deal is wrong (OMIT implied the deal never happened). However, Mephisto seems fully aware of the deal and so does Peter's soul. So even if it didn't happen in the new continuity, in hell and in Peter's soul, the deal is still having it's effect. I don't think another writer will follow up on this though. I guess Peter's soul will forever be crying out in from loss and pain. No remembrance, no confession.

Dr. Strange walked away without it being addressed other than "my hands are tied" from Mephisto, "let me change the subject with this gamble on Kindred vs. Spider-Man".
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-29-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

No, OMD seperated MJ and Peter.Them being back together at the start of Spencer's run is also when Kindred who is Mephisto's plan appeared.He doesn't want them together, them being together kinda broke OMD but the ending blows it off it's hinges and now mayday is a possibility Mephisto sees in the future.

Also, now Marvel forever have a scapegoat for why Peter and MJ can never be married and have children again - because Mephisto will stop them to ensure his vision does not come to pass. Even worse, it's in a distant future that we can never actually get to in story because it would age Peter too much.

Astonishing Member

Strange speech suggests the opposite - Mephisto can't do anything with Peter and MJ love, so May can still be born and defeat him in the future. The question is whether this story will continue, or will it just remain "hope for a better future" because the editors for some reason do not want to touch it.
    But I am convinced that they will get married in the anniversary issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't get the whole thing with Kindred. First Spencer reveals it's Harry, later Stacy twins come into the picture, but it's implied he's using their bodies as vessels. And then it turns out it was them all along, and Harry still in Hell? I really don't get this ****.
    Unless Spencer actually explains what percentage of the story is his and what percentage is editorial/other writers, and what is what we will never know. I am one who thinks there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. The only losers are those who expected OMD to be dealt with. What bothers me? The Spencer and ( or) Marvel Kool Aid drinkers who think Amazing 900 and ( or) Aaron’s Mephisto story will settle things. We will be lucky if OMD is gone by ASM 1000. My betting is when it comes out, we will still be discussing OMD in a present tense context. I go back to this quote: OMD will never be retooled in continuity ( Dan Slott).

Spectacular Member

Pretty sure the deal was for the marriage...no marriage no children according to him
    Last edited by Noronha; 09-29-2021 at 06:57 AM.