Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Spider-Man is sometimes portrayed as potentially the greatest superhero of all time, surpassing even Cap. Moreover, there have been several times when someone like Steve, Cable or Logan called him "the best of us." It is likely that the reason lies in this - Mephisto sees a threat in the best hero.
    With the exception of The Beyonder comic, there is actually no logical reason for Mephisto to get involved in Peter’s life. The only reason it happened is Quesada wanted to end the marriage. There are a lot of other means to have ended the marriage then have a character who belongs in Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider or The Avengers NOT ASM. Basically the entire concept as well as the execution and aftermath has been a colossal failure and the biggest blight on the nearly 60 year history of Spider-Man.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-23-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Amazing Member

This is gonna be great, I can smell it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    I'm hoping you're right. That said, Mephisto did raise a good point about how, if Harry really wanted to make amends with Peter, he should have at least confessed to all of the machinations he set up against him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Oh yes! You are so right!

Can't wait..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    With the exception of The Beyonder comic, there is actually no logical reason for Mephisto to get involved in Peter’s life. The only reason it happened is Quesada wanted to end the marriage. There are a lot of other means to have ended the marriage then have a character who belongs in Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider or The Avengers NOT with a street level character come up with the deal. Basically the entire concept as well as the execution and aftermath has been a colossal failure and the biggest failure in the nearly 60 year history of Spider-Man.

Yeah inserting Mephisto into a Spider-Man comic and having him have such a major impact on Peter's life is the textbook definition of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I'm happy for those that are looking forward to any type of acknowledgment or possible resolution to OMD but for me it should've never been done in the first place and it took them far too long to even get to this point where it's being seriously acknowledged.

I didn't even think i'd ever buy another issue of ASM again but they roped me back in with Ben Reilly and Beyond but after that's over i don't plan on buying ASM or anything Peter centric again

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Overall I hope this issue satisfy the OMD group. I know that wishful thinking but I think it time I stop seeing the complaints I have 6 years of them which is enough
    Only 6? I envy you. Been hearing about OMD in every thread here since it happened and i'm fed up with it.

Edit: saw that you explained yourself in a later comment. Either way, i envy you. Lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm hoping you're right. That said, Mephisto did raise a good point about how, if Harry really wanted to make amends with Peter, he should have at least confessed to all of the machinations he set up against him.
    To be honest, part of my enthusiasm is due to not having that great expectations, contradictory as it may seem. But behind all the pacing issues and stuff, Spencer really has a knack for character driven stories. These preview pages show it to a wonderful degree.

And what can I say, Spectacular 200 was the third Spider-Man comic I bought...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

To be honest, part of my enthusiasm is due to not having that great expectations, contradictory as it may seem. But behind all the pacing issues and stuff, Spencer really has a knack for character driven stories. These preview pages show it to a wonderful degree.

And what can I say, Spectacular 200 was the third Spider-Man comic I bought...
    Spectacular 200 was a great culmination for Harry's arc and his relationship with Peter. At least, it could have been if Marvel had left well enough alone. Alas, though if this issue is able to tie everything together in an even somewhat satisfactory and sensible way, I'll consider it good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Finally, one issue and this the end of the exhausting road.

Mighty Member

This looks great so far. Im very Exited for this one

Anyone think the real harry will come back this issue a new deal will happen? I dunno where this is going to go

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    Anyone think the real harry will come back this issue a new deal will happen? I dunno where this is going to go
    I'd be shocked by that. How do they even redeem him at this point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    With the exception of The Beyonder comic, there is actually no logical reason for Mephisto to get involved in Peter’s life. The only reason it happened is Quesada wanted to end the marriage. There are a lot of other means to have ended the marriage then have a character who belongs in Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider or The Avengers NOT ASM. Basically the entire concept as well as the execution and aftermath has been a colossal failure and the biggest blight on the nearly 60 year history of Spider-Man.
    Yeah, they could’ve just gotten a divorce. It would’ve sucked, but at least it wouldn’t have erased and/or altered decades of continuity. Such a weirdly toxic thing for Quesada to say that a hero like Spidey would never get a divorce. Good people get divorces for different reasons all the time. No, instead… let’s make a deal with the devil! Brilliant, much better… /s

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You heard him…. He didn’t want to ruin the moment. Harry is, was, and always has been a huge coward. Norman is right about him in many ways.

The fact Harry didn’t warn Peter about his robot parents is something that has needed to be addressed for over 25 years, so I’m glad Spencer went there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd be shocked by that. How do they even redeem him at this point?
    I don’t know… they seem to have swept under the carpet the fact Ben Reilly tried to kill the global population and replace them all with clones in Clone Conspiracy and of course Otto who is one of Peter’s most ruthless villains also became a good guy in Superior, so anything is possible I suppose. I hope they don’t go that route though. Clone Harry can stick around as Harry Lyman.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Only 6? I envy you. Been hearing about OMD in every thread here since it happened and i'm fed up with it.

Edit: saw that you explained yourself in a later comment. Either way, i envy you. Lol
    hopefully you will be saved
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy