Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Common cold vs flu is a big diff.He has shown immunity to multiple drugs as well but yet can get drunk.It's a thing they did to make him more relatable.And he's also one of the smartest people on the planet, I think he knows how to handle a common cold now that he's an adult.

I was hoping for something similar, Sinister war was one fight that could put him in a bad shape, if they ended it of w/ some Kindred stuff then it's very believable IMO.But we have seen in the previews that he's swinging around so it's not the case.

I think if/when they bring 1610 back Miles should go back and be the main character used as an entry there.He's so much worse in 616.

Agreed, even more so than Miles Gwen needs to go back.65 was such a great alt. world as well.

Absolutely, speaking facts.

Astonishing Member

OMD has to be addressed in some fashion now. The thing with Mephisto/Strange and now this? Normally I'll believe it when I see it, but there is too much baiting.

Now, whether the outcome is one we will ultimately like remains to be seen.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Miles fits in 616 just fine, given the chance. I agree Gwen has to go, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Miles fits in 616 just fine, given the chance. I agree Gwen has to go, though.
    I’m not a fan of Miles or Gwen, but people can read what they want. I don’t care. Especially if it provides them with representation they wouldn’t otherwise have. As a Ben Reilly fan, I still remember what it felt like when toxic fanboy mags like ‘Wizard’ celebrated his death. So I don’t want anyone else to feel that way, even if I don’t personally like their favorite character. That said, I’m not a fan of this Order of the Web/ Spider-Family nonsense appearing in the core ‘Amazing’ book, as they always make Peter look incompetent and like he needs saving from a bunch of kids. Keep Miles and Gwen in their own books, and I’m fine with them though.

EDIT: Okay, I see you mean putting them back in their original universes, not killing them off. Anyway, I like what I wrote above, so I won’t edit/delete it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m not a fan of Miles or Gwen, but people can read what they want. I don’t care. Especially if it provides them with representation they wouldn’t otherwise have. As a Ben Reilly fan, I still remember what it felt like when toxic fanboy mags like ‘Wizard’ celebrated his death. So I don’t want anyone else to feel that way, even if I don’t personally like their favorite character. That said, I’m not a fan of this Order of the Web/ Spider-Family nonsense appearing in the core ‘Amazing’ book, as they always make Peter look incompetent and like he needs saving from a bunch of kids. Keep Miles and Gwen in their own books, and I’m fine with them though.

EDIT: Okay, I see you mean putting them back in their original universes, not killing them off. Anyway, I like what I wrote above, so I won’t edit/delete it.
    Well we have 616 miles apart of the ultimate universe now so yeah big problem

Extraordinary Member

Facts, I'm not saying kill them btw.I mean they should go back to their homeworld.If anything Miles would be more prominent in Ultimate than he is in 616.
    And I don't mind any character unless they affect my favs in a major way.Like Order of the web is affecting but not to massive degree but enough that it annoys me, and stuff like Beyond is taking away a lot more, and the events they built w/ Peter and which he has connections to specially hurt which is not cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts, I'm not saying kill them btw.I mean they should go back to their homeworld.If anything Miles would be more prominent in Ultimate than he is in 616.
    And I don't mind any character unless they affect my favs in a major way.Like Order of the web is affecting but not to massive degree but enough that it annoys me, and stuff like Beyond is taking away a lot more, and the events they built w/ Peter and which he has connections to specially hurt which is not cool.
    What about the 616 miles though?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    What about the 616 miles though?
    616 Miles is a different person.They set him up in Spider-men 1 and 2 deals w/ him but it's disappointing imo.There was a lot of potential and I'd like to see him return.

Common cold vs flu is a big diff.He has shown immunity to multiple drugs as well but yet can get drunk.
    Ah yes, he's also an incredibly light weight when drinking alcohol lol.

Don't think we'll ever have stories like that one time he defeated Macendale while drunk in Web of Spider-Man#38 .

It's a thing they did to make him more relatable.And he's also one of the smartest people on the planet, I think he knows how to handle a common cold now that he's an adult.
    If writers remember he's either grown up or smart lol.

I was hoping for something similar, Sinister war was one fight that could put him in a bad shape, if they ended it of w/ some Kindred stuff then it's very believable IMO.But we have seen in the previews that he's swinging around so it's not the case.
    Might be a case of his healing being conveniently nerfed then lol.

I think if/when they bring 1610 back Miles should go back and be the main character used as an entry there.He's so much worse in 616.
    Perhaps, at this point I find it pretty unlikely he'll go back to Ultimate though, hell he's been on 616 for longer than he was in Ultimate at this point lol.

I'll be shocked if he goes back to Ultimate, also really wonder what they'll do with Ultimate Peter, like will he die off-screen? Will they both be active together?

Funny thing is that, the "Order of the Web" (Fucking name sounds like such a cult lol) was basically whatever, they saved Peter's life from Norman, after he did all of the heavy lifting in slowing down Sin Eater, then they got possessed by Kindred, then Peter had to made a deal with Kindred for them to not be possessed anymore, then they traveled to that other dimension to find Peter where Dr. Strange did all of the heavy lifting when dealing with the demons there, and finally they fought Sin Eater and got their asses kicked, which was nderstandable, he was powered by Morlum, but, yeah, in LR it was the opposite since they looked like a bunch of jobbers lol.

616 Miles is a different person.They set him up in Spider-men 1 and 2 deals w/ him but it's disappointing imo.There was a lot of potential and I'd like to see him return.
    Spider-Men II saying that Peter found nothing about 616 Miles when he blatantly looked shocked at what he found in Spider-Men I was such a blatant cop out lol.

Would be understandable if it was another writer who made Spider-Men II, but both were written by Bendis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah yes, he's also an incredibly light weight when drinking alcohol lol.

Don't think we'll ever have stories like that one time he defeated Macendale while drunk in Web of Spider-Man#38 .

If writers remember he's either grown up or smart lol.

Might be a case of his healing being conveniently nerfed then lol.

Perhaps, at this point I find it pretty unlikely he'll go back to Ultimate though, hell he's been on 616 for longer than he was in Ultimate at this point lol.

I'll be shocked if he goes back to Ultimate, also really wonder what they'll do with Ultimate Peter, like will he die off-screen? Will they both be active together?

Funny thing is that, the "Order of the Web" (Fucking name sounds like such a cult lol) was basically whatever, they saved Peter's life from Norman, after he did all of the heavy lifting in slowing down Sin Eater, then they got possessed by Kindred, then Peter had to made a deal with Kindred for them to not be possessed anymore, then they traveled to that other dimension to find Peter where Dr. Strange did all of the heavy lifting when dealing with the demons there, and finally they fought Sin Eater and got their asses kicked, which was nderstandable, he was powered by Morlum, but, yeah, in LR it was the opposite since they looked like a bunch of jobbers lol.

Spider-Men II saying that Peter found nothing about 616 Miles when he blatantly looked shocked at what he found in Spider-Men I was such a blatant cop out lol.

Would be understandable if it was another writer who made Spider-Men II, but both were written by Bendis.
    Which made no sense to me, he can tank being drugged w/ lethal doses worth killing herds of elephants and even brief exposure to doses that can poison entire cities but can't take a drink LOL.

Fr, Spencer did a good job acknowledging that it was a problem specially in issue 60.Beyond and beyond Beyond(LOL) writers should keep that in mind.

Would be disappointing but probably.

I think he functioned much better in 1610, he's just another superhero in 616.He had some purpose in 1610 and both Peter and Miles fit much better in 1610 because they were good people and that world was much darker, the contrast was great.

Order, aside from saving him with norman which he could have done on his own(he's dug his way out from set floor before, would be a great moment too) were a problem and/or were getting beat up.Also Gwen's attitude in the submarine was not it, like chill out.

Bendis lost his touch a long time ago, not to mention he can't write 616 Peter for his life whether it be in Spider-men or Daredevil series.

I think he functioned much better in 1610, he's just another superhero in 616.He had some purpose in 1610 and both Peter and Miles fit much better in 1610 because they were good people and that world was much darker, the contrast was great.
    Well, he gets to do more in so much as guest appearances, events, and appearing in team books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he gets to do more in so much as guest appearances, events, and appearing in team books.
    Again he rarely plays a big role, and Ultimate would also have events and he can crossover when they need him too like Gwen used too.just his homeworld is 616, if champions needs his help he'll come right over.

And quality>quantity

Which made no sense to me, he can tank being drugged w/ lethal doses worth killing herds of elephants and even brief exposure to doses that can poison entire cities but can't take a drink LOL.
    It gets even more ridiculous once you remember about Kaine, in Scarlet Spider#12 vol 2, he got so drunk he fainted:

https://i.imgur.com/EHHFpz9.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ncg4bWy.png

Keep in mind at the time he had The Other within him, some cosmic Spider-God thing, and Kaine still faints after drinking, 3 beers lol.

The "lethal doses worth killing herds of elephants", think that's from Last Remains when Kindred-controlled Anya poisons him (ASM#50.LR, though Kindred says "small elephant" there), but where's the second one from?

Fr, Spencer did a good job acknowledging that it was a problem specially in issue 60.Beyond and beyond Beyond(LOL) writers should keep that in mind.
    Yeah, wait and see for that.

Well, that contrast did Ultimate itself little favors, 'cause Spidey and Ultimates were the only things really liked there (Even if I don't see the hype behind Ultimates).

Order, aside from saving him with norman which he could have done on his own(he's dug his way out from set floor before, would be a great moment too)
    Well, Norman was actively pushing him down, was on a Glider and had his gear, while Peter was sinking on that ground, so that was a bit more understandable "Needs rescue" situation.

were a problem and/or were getting beat up.
    Yeah they sucked, but weren't doing much to make Spidey look worse, he looked like a chump in spite of them, which's kinda understandable 'cause Kindred uses Spencer's lazy magic powers.

Also Gwen's attitude in the submarine was not it, like chill out.
    Between her apparently regreting her decision to respect Peter's choice, Norman creeping up on her and Peter trying to white knight her when she really doesn't need it, she had little reason to chill out lol.

She was kind of a bitch unnecessarily in ASM#57 vol 5 though, calling out Peter for making a decision for them, when previous she said she regretted letting Peter save Sin Eater... For someone who was respecting Peter's decisions, after he started to make them, she was ironically respecting him the least, so basically, Spencer shouldn't write the other Spiders, only one who managed to look good was Julia in ASM#54.LR, even then that led into Sin Eater killing himself, and she doesn't seem to care, which's callous lol.

Bendis lost his touch a long time ago, not to mention he can't write 616 Peter for his life whether it be in Spider-men or Daredevil series.
    Bendis in general is bad at writing other characters, they mostly talk in this overly repetitive, snarky trying-to-sound-like-a-teenager way... Doesn't help he basically uses his own continuity and seems to prefer doing stuff more like Ultimate... Yeah lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It gets even more ridiculous once you remember about Kaine, in Scarlet Spider#12 vol 2, he got so drunk he fainted:

https://i.imgur.com/EHHFpz9.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ncg4bWy.png

Keep in mind at the time he had The Other within him, some cosmic Spider-God thing, and Kaine still faints after drinking, 3 beers lol.

The "lethal doses worth killing herds of elephants", think that's from Last Remains when Kindred-controlled Anya poisons him (ASM#50.LR, though Kindred says "small elephant" there), but where's the second one from?

Yeah, wait and see for that.

Well, that contrast did Ultimate itself little favors, 'cause Spidey and Ultimates were the only things really liked there (Even if I don't see the hype behind Ultimates).

Well, Norman was actively pushing him down, was on a Glider and had his gear, while Peter was sinking on that ground, so that was a bit more understandable "Needs rescue" situation.

Yeah they sucked, but weren't doing much to make Spidey look worse, he looked like a chump in spite of them, which's kinda understandable 'cause Kindred uses Spencer's lazy magic powers.

Between her apparently regreting her decision to respect Peter's choice, Norman creeping up on her and Peter trying to white knight her when she really doesn't need it, she had little reason to chill out lol.

She was kind of a bitch unnecessarily in ASM#57 vol 5 though, calling out Peter for making a decision for them, when previous she said she regretted letting Peter save Sin Eater... For someone who was respecting Peter's decisions, after he started to make them, she was ironically respecting him the least, so basically, Spencer shouldn't write the other Spiders, only one who managed to look good was Julia in ASM#54.LR, even then that led into Sin Eater killing himself, and she doesn't seem to care, which's callous lol.

Bendis in general is bad at writing other characters, they mostly talk in this overly repetitive, snarky trying-to-sound-like-a-teenager way... Doesn't help he basically uses his own continuity and seems to prefer doing stuff more like Ultimate... Yeah lol.
    No, the Elephant one is from Mysterio IIRC.Peter taking that from Anya after all that fighting is very impressive too.
    Found it:-
    https://imgur.com/a/11JHHn4

The other one is from when he was working w/ Tony.He also tanked a SCUD Missile point blank when he disarmed it btw.The missile had the drugs
    https://imgur.com/a/B5UeI

It worked for Peter and Miles, they just needed to do better w/ other series.

Yeah, but Peter could have done it is my point.I agree the save wasn't as forced as some others.

Actually even after all that beating up he held his own against all the possesed Spiders in such a small space even though he didn't want to hurt them and they did(they weren't holding back as stated by him).Let's not forget they were amped in both extra powers and physicals(Cindy was twice as strong/fast stated by Peter).On top of all this peter still saved them from drowning.

"white knighting":-No, just no.Peter was more calm than any reasonable person w/ norman whereas the others asked him to let him be cleansed.When he made the comment it was about his Gwen and he took charge.Gwen's attitude was uncalled for, she's knows exactly what he's been through and his state of mind.And Gwen's own regret is her changing her mind, and peter didn't know about it.
    And she said that in front of Norman, like wait to be alone w/ him if you have a problem.Gwen was outta line w/ that and the 57 thing.

I don't like 65 Gwen sometimes for multiple reasons, a couple are that she's nothing like gwen for one and she has the problem where she has a attitude towards Peter which is uncalled for.Nadia Pym is another example who just hates Peter for no reason, although Nadia is on another level.The had a birthday issue where Nadia told her friends that Spider-man was horrible and she met miles and thought she was talking about him, they her friend say Miles can't be horrible because her Mom's porto rican LMFAO.Nadia says she was talking about the other Spider-man and they all laugh about it.Miles doesn't even say anything...

They make these new characters so unlikeable and then don't understand why we don't like them.

Agreed, he should not write big 2 comics.Do creator owned stuff

No, the Elephant one is from Mysterio IIRC.Peter taking that from Anya after all that fighting is very impressive too.
    Found it:-
    https://imgur.com/a/11JHHn4
    Ah, nice, I checked out ASM#199 and that tranquilizer is why he was depowered temporarily in ASM#200 too.

The other one is from when he was working w/ Tony.He also tanked a SCUD Missile point blank when he disarmed it btw.The missile had the drugs
    https://imgur.com/a/B5UeI
    He fell off the missile a bit before it exploded, so it was close, but not exactly point blank lol.

It worked for Peter and Miles, they just needed to do better w/ other series.
    That's definitely easier said than done.

Yeah, but Peter could have done it is my point.I agree the save wasn't as forced as some others.
    I dunno man, Norman had the high ground too, we wouldn't want Spider-Darth-Vader would we? .

Actually even after all that beating up he held his own against all the possesed Spiders in such a small space even though he didn't want to hurt them and they did(they weren't holding back as stated by him).Let's not forget they were amped in both extra powers and physicals(Cindy was twice as strong/fast stated by Peter).On top of all this peter still saved them from drowning.
    Meant how he looked like a chump with how, very easily, Kindred killed him over and over again lol.

"white knighting":-No, just no.Peter was more calm than any reasonable person w/ norman whereas the others asked him to let him be cleansed.When he made the comment it was about his Gwen and he took charge.Gwen's attitude was uncalled for, she's knows exactly what he's been through and his state of mind.And Gwen's own regret is her changing her mind, and peter didn't know about it.
    And she said that in front of Norman, like wait to be alone w/ him if you have a problem.Gwen was outta line w/ that and the 57 thing.
    While Norman referenced 616 Gwen, his whole creepiness was pointed at Spider-Gwen, and yes, because of 616 Gwen, but Spider-Gwen is still the "victim" of it, and then Peter was all like "You don't talk to her. You don't even look at her.", his anger is very understandable, but as Spider-Gwen herself points out, she can take care of herself, she even threatens Norman right after.

Basically she only showed minor annoyance at Peter's white knighting, so it's hardly that much of an issue, ASM#57 is when she's being unreasonable, guess you can say it's a broken pedestal situation? Still unreasonable even then.

I don't like 65 Gwen sometimes for multiple reasons, a couple are that she's nothing like gwen for one and she has the problem where she has a attitude towards Peter which is uncalled for.
    Really writer dependent, Slott and to a minor extent Spencer have her being bitchier (Though Gwen was the one who trusted Peter the most when the other Spiders were discussing what Spidey was gonna do about Norman in Sins Rising, so she looked both thinking highly of him and then being bitchier in ASM#57 vol 5 lol), while in her own comic, in Ghost Spider, they're pretty friendly lol.

Nadia Pym is another example who just hates Peter for no reason, although Nadia is on another level.The had a birthday issue where Nadia told her friends that Spider-man was horrible and she met miles and thought she was talking about him, they her friend say Miles can't be horrible because her Mom's porto rican LMFAO.Nadia says she was talking about the other Spider-man and they all laugh about it.Miles doesn't even say anything...
    I don't mind Nadia's case as much 'cause, sometimes people just dislike each other for no real reason, it'd be bad if she liked him in one comic, and detested him in another though lol.

Also what the hell does having a Puerto Rican mother have to do with Miles not being horrible?

They make these new characters so unlikeable and then don't understand why we don't like them.
    Or make the character super basic then expect fans to be impressed lol.

Agreed, he should not write big 2 comics.Do creator owned stuff
    Yeah, he's certainly known enough to manage to sell if he goes for it lol.