Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I much prefer the faceplate, as it lends to the notion that anyone could be behind the cowl. Even Alfred.
    "Anyone can wear the mask" .

Astonishing Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-le...tent=newsarama
    Jace is leaving Gotham in February, and moving to New York, alongside his family.

I mean hey that is one way to seriously differentiate himself from every other Bat-character by not being anywhere near Gotham. Jace already does things in mind that the Bat-family will handle it and we all know Bruce will come back to Gotham so this is kind of Perfect. Jace can be his own Batman in his own city without the batfamily or Bruce showing him up.

Honestly all for this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jace is leaving Gotham in February, and moving to New York, alongside his family.
    Interesting. On one hand this has potential, Jace now has an entire city to himself to patrol, and he can be built up on his own without constantly having to deal with Bruce or his Batfamily. On the other hand this also feels like it’s isolating Jace, so if he doesn’t work out, he can be dropped just as easily as David was. Hopefully this something Ridley wanted and he’s got a plan for where to go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

It's a risky move. They're completely isolating him from the rest of franchise, and it looks like it might be a way for them to forget about him right after Ridley is done with series.
    But for character development it's actually perfect. Jace just doesn't fit in Gotham, he needs his own enviroment, without neccesity to compete with the rest of Bat-family with their fanbase. We'll see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess this will be so they don't have to deal with two Batmen in Gotham when Bruce inevitably comes back and having to try and force a dynamic between Jace and the rest of the Batfamily.

I wonder when Bruce will get Wayne Enterprises back but I guess the Fox's need to be big industry names in the context of the story unless they just make their own company at this point.

Actually now that I think about it there are actually some superheroes in New York right now, Titans Academy. I guess we might see Jace running into some students or maybe Nightwing himself while in New York.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually now that I think about it there are actually some superheroes in New York right now, Titans Academy. I guess we might see Jace running into some students or maybe Nightwing himself while in New York.
    I enjoyed Jace and Dick interacting in Future State and I’d like to see them talk again. Could have an interesting discussion about how do you be Batman without being Bruce given that was something Dick struggled with.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Batman Moving To New York City Announced By DC Comics
    I Am Batman #6 by Academy Award-winning screenwriter John Ridley (12 Years A Slave, The Other History of the DC Universe, The American Way) artist Ken Lashley, colorist Rex Lokus, and letterer Troy Peteri releases on February 8, 2022, and relocates Jace Fox and his family from Gotham City to New York City in a storyline titled "Empire State of Mind." DC Comics urges fans that are curious to learn why the Fox Family moves to the Big Apple are encouraged to check out I Am Batman #5 on sale Tuesday, January 11, 2022.

"I'm incredibly excited about charting this new direction for Jace and the Fox family," Ridley said. "This new setting is a great opportunity to do some really creative world building and give Jace his own allies, adversaries, and challenges that will continue to shape and define him as his own character under the cape and cowl."

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well, there are a bunch of Bat-fanboys in the Academy now, so that could be amusing .

I'm down with Jace and the Batpack meeting. Maybe they could be his Batfamily?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm down with Jace and the Batpack meeting. Maybe they could be his Batfamily?
    They’re huge Bruce fanboys and Jace is not. Would be funny to see them interact but I don’t think they’d view Jace as anything but a pretender.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting. On one hand this has potential, Jace now has an entire city to himself to patrol, and he can be built up on his own without constantly having to deal with Bruce or his Batfamily. On the other hand this also feels like it’s isolating Jace, so if he doesn’t work out, he can be dropped just as easily as David was. Hopefully this something Ridley wanted and he’s got a plan for where to go.
    That’s what I felt but I guess the bat family and him don’t meet until future state when he returns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That’s what I felt but I guess the bat family and him don’t meet until future state when he returns.
    Future State isn't happening, since Bat-Family takes down Magistrate at the end of Fear State.
    It's completely different direction for Jace here.

Fear State looks like it will end with Bruce averting Future State while still allowing elements of it to continue. So the Magistrate for example might stick around but they won’t be in charge, Bruce won’t die, Jason won’t become a Peacekeeper, etc. the only big element of Future State that I believe will happen is I believe DC will field the FS JL lineup, just with Kaldur in place of Andy and maybe Wally in place of Jess?