Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think that is much too confusing for the General Audience. It can just be set in the same Gotham as Batwoman if they really want it to be in the CWverse. Luke doesn’t have to be around all the time, they’ve got Tiffany, Tamara, and Tanya to work with.

I’d prefer if the hypothetical series or movie were set in its own universe, though.
    I think people grossly underestimate the intelligence of "general audiences" and overstate what would "confuse" them. I mean, it's not like Superman & Lois or Doom Patrol "confused" audiences. I think they can handle a timeskip. setting him in the same Gotham as Batwoman just makes one of the shows redundant. there would need to be a point of difference, so it would be smarter to just give Jace the take on Gotham that he was made for and leave Ryan to close out her run in classic Gotham. put it on HBO Max, so it'll be competently made, then just use the timeskip as an excuse to treat it like spin off earth like they did Doom Patrol and tried to do with Green Arrow and the Canaries.

also, I see no reason why the presence of Luke means we can't have the reason the Fox family, Luke is just an easier entry point since he's already established on screen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Jace could easily be set in the Snyderverse since according to the blueprints seen over the summer there is a new Batman several years in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think people grossly underestimate the intelligence of "general audiences" and overstate what would "confuse" them. I mean, it's not like Superman & Lois or Doom Patrol "confused" audiences. I think they can handle a timeskip. setting him in the same Gotham as Batwoman just makes one of the shows redundant. there would need to be a point of difference, so it would be smarter to just give Jace the take on Gotham that he was made for and leave Ryan to close out her run in classic Gotham. put it on HBO Max, so it'll be competently made, then just use the timeskip as an excuse to treat it like spin off earth like they did Doom Patrol and tried to do with Green Arrow and the Canaries.

also, I see no reason why the presence of Luke means we can't have the reason the Fox family, Luke is just an easier entry point since he's already established on screen.
    I mean you wanting him to be set up in Batwoman and spinoff into an entirely different continuity. That's not underestimating the General Audience, that's just an actually confusing timeline. There's no point to setting it in a different Gotham if it's going to be in the CWverse too. I don't really like the Magistrate, either, I'm hoping the adaptations steer clear from that story. Never made sense to me how a James Tynion IV story would define the character and he wouldn't even be able to resolve the plotline.

Luke can't be on both shows. The rest of the Fox Family can form the dynamic that belongs to Jace in his show.

Just make a David Zavimbe show, honestly.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 10-06-2021 at 11:46 AM.

I don't see Batwoman doing the Magistrate for at least 2-3 seasons when they just got done dismantling a corrupt private security group.

I guess you don't really need Lucius because the mom is the more anti-vigilante but I think the only real reason to connect it to the Arrowverse is if you want him inspired by Ryan Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Batwoman doing the Magistrate for at least 2-3 seasons when they just got done dismantling a corrupt private security group.

I guess you don't really need Lucius because the mom is the more anti-vigilante but I think the only real reason to connect it to the Arrowverse is if you want him inspired by Ryan Wilder.
    I think the Arrowverse just provides a universe where Bruce isn't Batman. They wouldn't have to change the broad strokes of his origin, really. But Lucius being dead and not being able to use Luke as much as they'd want to just makes setting it in that universe pointless.

I think the Arrowverse just provides a universe where Bruce isn't Batman. They wouldn't have to change the broad strokes of his origin, really. But Lucius being dead and not being able to use Luke as much as they'd want to just makes setting it in that universe pointless.
    That isn't wholly unique to that universe (I mean, Gotham Knights is taking him out too).

That isn't wholly unique to that universe (I mean, Gotham Knights is taking him out too).
    Gotham Knights isn't live-action, though. They could do that with the DCEU too, but... Sounds like a headache in the making.

Gotham Knights isn't live-action, though. They could do that with the DCEU too, but... Sounds like a headache in the making.
    Yeah, but it's another media adaption.

Yeah, but it's another media adaption.
    Yeah, but that's not the same thing as a live-action universe. I doubt Jace will be in Gotham Knights or whatever. I mean, if John Ridley is announcing a project involving the character at FanDome, I can't see it being DLC for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ridley will be at Fandome. Wonder if his presence there is Jace related?
    He might just be promoting "I Am Batman" but it would be cool if he was working on a Jace-centered tv show or movie.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-06-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

With Batman having been in retired years ago, Lucius dead and Wayne Enterprise pretty much defunct. I don't really see how you could make his origin story and motivation work without changes.

That Gothams current main heroes (Batwoman and Batwing) are allready black is also not really helping. And giving Luke suddenly 3 siblings that were never mentioned before would also be kind of jarring.

On top of that Ridley seems to go with Jace for the same "social justice" topics as Batwoman did in the last season. The CW version of Jace Fox Batman, would basically be like Batwoman with less female and LGBT characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    With Batman having been in retired years ago, Lucius dead and Wayne Enterprise pretty much defunct. I don't really see how you could make his origin story and motivation work without changes.

That Gothams current main heroes (Batwoman and Batwing) are allready black is also not really helping. And giving Luke suddenly 3 siblings that were never mentioned before would also be kind of jarring.

On top of that Ridley seems to go with Jace for the same "social justice" topics as Batwoman did in the last season. The CW version of Jace Fox Batman, would basically be like Batwoman with less female and LGBT characters.
    I don't think it'd be too jarring, we know he has a mother, he just never mentions her. Or any of his family apart from Lucius.

Jace is actively interacting with the regular guy on the street as Batman, that's a pretty unique thing that Ryan Wilder doesn't seem to do, right?

A hypothetical series or movie should probably be in its own universe, though. Not connected to the Arrowverse at all.

Extraordinary Member

Jace is actively interacting with the regular guy on the street as Batman, that's a pretty unique thing that Ryan Wilder doesn't seem to do, right?
    He wants to do that, in his previous series he didn't really do anything that was really different from what other Batcharacters did, and his current series has only one issue out sofar.

And Ryan als wants to be a hero for for regular guy on the street. And is from what I have seen sofar propably more sympathetic and relatable than Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He wants to do that, in his previous series he didn't really do anything that was really different from what other Batcharacters did, and his current series has only one issue out sofar.

And Ryan als wants to be a hero for for regular guy on the street. And is from what I have seen sofar propably more sympathetic and relatable than Jace.
    Meh, I don't think so. Not everyone goes through familial tragedy, but everybody experiences guilt. Ryan is much more of the traditional Bat-character than Jace, though, and given that John Ridley is involved with the hypothetical project, it'd be much more in line with what he wants to do in I Am Batman. Given that he's stated in interviews that Future State is a speculative Jace, and the main continuity Jace is the one he wants people to be aware of.

I don't think it'd be too jarring, we know he has a mother, he just never mentions her. Or any of his family apart from Lucius.

A hypothetical series or movie should probably be in its own universe, though. Not connected to the Arrowverse at all.
    That's why I think you could probably establish Luke having a brother he never talks about because said brother is dead to him.

I don't think it would be that out of character for Ryan, to be honest.

I still think Jace's best setting is Future State, but that's just me.