Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re huge Bruce fanboys and Jace is not. Would be funny to see them interact but I don’t think they’d view Jace as anything but a pretender.
    I'm fine with that. The NY move is interesting but I get why people prefer him in future state. He looses something with Bruce still around. Dick as Batman was the same way .

I don't know if moving to NY would help but I'm hoping the stories stay good.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-15-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Wow, so Jace is going to meet Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Wow, so Jace is going to meet Spider-Man!
    Dc and Marvel are crossing over again.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dc and Marvel are crossing over again.
    Is he gonna meet Ben Reilly or Miles Morales? Man, I feel like New York is too cramped! He should go to Dakota City.

Is he gonna meet Ben Reilly or Miles Morales? Man, I feel like New York is too cramped! He should go to Dakota City.
    He could hang with Hardware, Icon/Rocket and Static.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fine with that. The NY move is interesting but I get why people prefer him in future state. He looses something with Bruce still around. Dick as Batman was the same way .

I don't know if moving to NY would help but I'm hoping the stories stay good.
    Would’ve chosen Chicago myself if they want Jace in a real city, Midwest needs some love. Bruce casts a long shadow, as long as he’s around and active there’s no chance anyone can really compete with him. Weird that they’re taking BOTH Batmen out of Gotham however, why not have Jace patrol the city while Bruce is away like Jon is doing in Metropolis?
    …you wouldn’t happen to have a Twitter account would you? I swear I’ve seen this comment before from someone else. He’s a huge Jace fan too so now I’m wondering if you’re the same guy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Would’ve chosen Chicago myself if they want Jace in a real city, Midwest needs some love. Bruce casts a long shadow, as long as he’s around and active there’s no chance anyone can really compete with him. Weird that they’re taking BOTH Batmen out of Gotham however, why not have Jace patrol the city while Bruce is away like Jon is doing in Metropolis?
    Maybe Ridley doesn't see a point in establishing Jace in Gotham or dealing with the Batfamily. Especially when everyone knows Bruce is coming back.

[IMG]
    …you wouldn’t happen to have a Twitter account would you? I swear I’ve seen this comment before from someone else. He’s a huge Jace fan too so now I’m wondering if you’re the same guy.
    I'm not really a fan of Jace but i do love Batman. meesa likes luke fox

Astonishing Member

Weird that they’re taking BOTH Batmen out of Gotham however, why not have Jace patrol the city while Bruce is away like Jon is doing in Metropolis?
    Probably because Ridley feels like it will be better for Jace to have his own place to look after, instead of living under Bruce and Bat-Family shadows in overcrowded Gotham. They aren't setting him up as a replacement anyway, and it seems like DC once again changed plans and I'm sure this whole Magistrate thing was supposed to be long-term and Jace was going to play crucial role in taking it down. So Ridley just decided to move Jace out of there and tell his own standalone story.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-16-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Probably because Ridley feels like it will be better for Jace to have his own place to look after, instead of living under Bruce and Bat-Family shadows in overcrowded Gotham. They aren't setting him up as a replacement anyway, and it seems like DC once again changed plans and I'm sure this whole Magistrate thing was supposed to be long-term and Jace was going to play crucial role in taking it down. So Ridley just decided to move Jace out of there and tell his own standalone story.
    None of the new characters are replacements, but they are supposed to be seemingly permanent in their new roles. Though I doubt the Magistrate was ever going to stick around like you think.

Astonishing Member

None of the new characters are replacements, but they are supposed to be seemingly permanent in their new roles. Though I doubt the Magistrate was ever going to stick around like you think.
    Maybe, but I really just don't see the point in giving so much spotlight to Magistrate in Future State, just to take it down so easily in few issues. And considering, that it's Tynion creation, it makes sense that they wrote them out due to his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Maybe, but I really just don't see the point in giving so much spotlight to Magistrate in Future State, just to take it down so easily in few issues. And considering, that it's Tynion creation, it makes sense that they wrote them out due to his departure.
    They're still going to be present in I Am Batman afterwards, though, so... I mean, at least in the next two issues before he moves to New York.

It's not a matter of replacements but ensuring no redundancy.

Astonishing Member

I liked the pitch for New Batman/I Am Batman and like it finding its own footing. I like the idea of a Batman rooted in the Fox family, and I'm alright with whatever little tweaks they go with, although I had to laugh when doing the name change from Tim Fox to Jace that you know, you avoid confusion with the other "Tim" in the Bat-Family but name him "Jace". His next name he picks for himself will be "Dick" and we'll all have a good laugh. But anyway with the Fox Family in general I like the prospect of them doing their own whole Bat-Thing, with some dynamic where Lucius is ... well, still the Lucius, but where you can even keep running with Batwing and make Tiff into Batgirl and have this kind of band of actual siblings Batting it. It could be very fun. I'm not saying it has been yet, just that it's a concept with promise.

I think the move to NYC is pretty good to give the book its own room to breath, dynamic and storytelling possibilities. And possibly attract some artists who might be interested in doing more of an NYC depiction than a Gotham/Gothic thing. If Marvel's NYC can handle 900 different super-heroes, I think DC's can probably handle its own Batman, and "The Batman of New York" does have a ring to it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

The move to a new city is a good, it gives Jace more room to grow and prevents people from asking why so the rest of the Bat-family is not involved with Jace.

Also if fit with the fact the line seem to be reviving the Batman Inc concept.