Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, how would that work? The Ditko estate and all the stuff he and Lee introduced are now owned by them and not Marvel?

So none of the JR Sr. Rogues or characters? Or those versions? Does Mary Jane get included?

Does Marvel get to keep Miles?

In the long run I just feel like this could screw Spider-Man up more.
    I cited the Friday The 13th and creator Sean S. Cunningham versus New Line/Warner Bros. No one ( except lawyers) win. He is not getting paid, New Line/Warner Bros making no Jason movies and fans cannot see a great character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, how would that work? The Ditko estate and all the stuff he and Lee introduced are now owned by them and not Marvel?

So none of the JR Sr. Rogues or characters? Or those versions? Does Mary Jane get included?

Does Marvel get to keep Miles?

In the long run I just feel like this could screw Spider-Man up more.
    Mary Jane is from the Ditko run and introduced as the girl Peter should marry. So all that is set up there. She can’t look like Romita but then neither does Zendaya so you might have to reimagine her a bit but it might work.

As for post Ditko rogues: Rhino, Shocker, carnage, venom, hobgoblin, morlun, mr negative, black cat. But the bulk of the rogues are in the Ditko run.

The one big case is does Norman get to be green goblin because Ditko obviously set up Norman to be the goblin but the reveal happened after he left. So that might be a gray area where Norman is a total villain as in the final issues but the goblin mystery might not be his.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 09-24-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Mary Jane is from the Ditko run and introduced as the girl Peter should marry. So all that is set up there. She can’t look like Romita but then neither does Zendaya so you might have to reimagine her a bit but it might work.

As for post Ditko rogues: Rhino, Shocker, carnage, venom, hobgoblin, morlun, mr negative, black cat. But the bulk of the rogues are in the Ditko run.
    Yeah, but Romita defined her look and a lot about modern Spider-Man that Ditko didn't.

I don't like Disney having a big percentage of the entertainment industry, but I hope they destroy the ever-living sh*t out of the Ditko family. I don't want to see a Marvel without Spider-Man and vice-versa. So I wish Disney (and Sony if they are involved) he best of luck (altough it'll probably end up in the Ditko family receiving more royalties).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm guessing if the Ditko Estate wins, they won't just shelf Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. There is too much money for those IP's for them to be shelved. They'll probably still publish comics and other content.

It might actually be a good thing for Spider-Man. OMD might get reversed sooner and never be a problem again. The next live-action Spider-Man likewise wouldn't be able to be turned into a subfranchise of Iron Man or of another IP the way that MCU Spider-Man was turned. And Spidey could reach public domain on time, since the Ditko Estate would have less power to extend the copyright.

Sounds good for both entertainment and justice.
    They would likely go to DC for the next film instsllment.

BANNED

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...on-1235020110/

It seems a number of families have filed termination notices including Larry Leiber, brother of Stan. The Creator of Black Widow and Gene Colan’s family. Disney is countersuing as expected but it seems like something big is brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...on-1235020110/

It seems a number of families have filed termination notices including Larry Leiber, brother of Stan. The Creator of Black Widow and Gene Colan’s family. Disney is countersuing as expected but it seems like something big is brewing.
    Seems like Disney will have to settle with a lot of people.

Incredible Member

honestly this will end the same way it always does in these situations. the estate holder get money and the corporation keep the ip. the estate just needs to come off strong so they can get as much possible.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This is typical and expected. It’s how the lawyers most likely expected it to go.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    honestly this will end the same way it always does in these situations. the estate holder get money and the corporation keep the ip. the estate just needs to come off strong so they can get as much possible.
    This is my stand as well. There's no way Marvel/Disney would let go off the copyright of one of their flagship character.

Isnt there was similar case with Ghost Rider back in 2013~2014? One of the creator sued Marvel regarding the character and they ended with the settlement that 'satisfy' the both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    This is my stand as well. There's no way Marvel/Disney would let go off the copyright of one of their flagship character.

Isnt there was similar case with Ghost Rider back in 2013~2014? One of the creator sued Marvel regarding the character and they ended with the settlement that 'satisfy' the both parties.
    Sony also is part of this deal. They would lose the character too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    imagine if this is an elaborate plot by disney to get the rights back from sony

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Since Sony made the deal with Marvel/Disney on the understanding the latter were rights-holders, it would be a matter of renegotiating with the Ditko estate, and there are legal remedies that provide some buffer for these sorts of situations, so it's not as much of a sweat for them.

All this is a pay out the original creators will be cut a check