Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Roderick Kingsley was operating a business were he was selling superhero and villain identities to new users -- some of which were still in use, so there are duplicate versions of multiple characters running around these days due to that. The villain Frog Man/Leap Frog is likely one of them.

There are plenty of them running around -- Kingsley has a male Beetle; a Water Wizard (the original is now Aquaduct); a Bruin (who wears a copy of Grizzly's suit); Ringer; Razorback; D-Man; etc. For some of them it is obvious which one is a Kingsley client, since they are wearing an outdated version of the costume, or the original has changed their codename, etc, but there are several out there that you just can't tell at a glance if it is the original or a Kingsley client unless they give themselves away in dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Roderick Kingsley was operating a business were he was selling superhero and villain identities to new users -- some of which were still in use, so there are duplicate versions of multiple characters running around these days due to that. The villain Frog Man/Leap Frog is likely one of them.

There are plenty of them running around -- Kingsley has a male Beetle; a Water Wizard (the original is now Aquaduct); a Bruin (who wears a copy of Grizzly's suit); Ringer; Razorback; D-Man; etc. For some of them it is obvious which one is a Kingsley client, since they are wearing an outdated version of the costume, or the original has changed their codename, etc, but there are several out there that you just can't tell at a glance if it is the original or a Kingsley client unless they give themselves away in dialogue.
    Didn’t Spider-Woman and the Porcupine (a former client of Kingsley who double crossed him) bring him down? Was Kingsley in ASM? There were so many villains it was hard to keep up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Didn’t Spider-Woman and the Porcupine (a former client of Kingsley who double crossed him) bring him down? Was Kingsley in ASM? There were so many villains it was hard to keep up.
    I don't think they ever brought him down...just smacked around a lot of his franchisees and Kingsley himself. Which was a great storyline that when they rebooted was not looked at again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Kingsley is still active, and even if he weren't the people he had already given costumes/identities to are still out there and have continued to pop up.

At some point I would like to see something done to help make it easier to tell which ones are the originals and which ones are the Kingsley clients who purchased other people's identities, or just eliminate the ones who are redundant.

He is retired. And I've seen nothing anywhere to indicate that he's gone bad again. And I have every appearance of Frog-man.

If it is indeed Buford appearing in these other comics, Marvel needs to SAY it is him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

What comic is this in?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    What comic is this in?
    That has been shown in a lot of comics...and was a big part of the Spider-Woman series by Hallum that brought in Porcupine who is one of the franchisees.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    There are shades of green in everyone.
    “It’s not easy bein’ green.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That has been shown in a lot of comics...and was a big part of the Spider-Woman series by Hallum that brought in Porcupine who is one of the franchisees.
    Yep, that volume of SPIDER-WOMAN dealt with it quite a bit. I believe it was during Dan Slott's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run that Kinsgley's super-villain franchise operation was first introduced. It also played a big part in the AXIS: HOBGOBLIN miniseries, where Kingsley was temporarily inverted into being a hero and switched to setting up new people with heroic identities and roles.

The people who purchased these franchised identities pop up all over the Marvel universe though. Queen Cat has made some appearances in the current BLACK CAT series, and Water Wizard made a cameo there. I think a number of them have at least cameod in the current AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run. Back when there was still a SILK ongoing series, I remember the male Beetle turning up there as part of Black Cat's criminal army. Etc, etc.

Since there has never been any comprehensive list of how many of these franchise characters are out there or what identities they all have, its hard to say for sure how many of them have popped up in what titles.
    Last edited by Dermie; 09-29-2021 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    “It’s not easy bein’ green.”
    That's newts to me.

Can someone tell me if Frog-man has an appearance in Miles Morales: Spider-man #30. His list of appearances online lists that he's in that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Can someone tell me if Frog-man has an appearance in Miles Morales: Spider-man #30. His list of appearances online lists that he's in that issue.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Yes

He's talking about all those hot dog vendors like that's a problem.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Kind of surprised they didn't make a female frog girl yet as one of the new frog men. My hero academia frog girl is pretty loved by fans.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Kind of surprised they didn't make a female frog girl yet as one of the new frog men. My hero academia frog girl is pretty loved by fans.

[IMG][/IMG]
    They at least gave him a wannabe sidekick Tadpole.