Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Strange by Jed Mackay and Marc Ferreira

I mean...it's nice to see them finally giving Clea the spotlight given how they usually pretend she doesn't exist or barely feature her. I guess I'm also glad that the next person to take over the book is someone actually connected to Stephen (although is it called "Strange" because they're still technically married?).

I'm guessing Stephen will be back by the time MoM comes out.

I'm genuinely surprised they opted to make her the next Sorcerer Supreme. I love Clea as a character so I'm happy to see her get featured like this in such a prominent role because it'll get her out the the Dark Dimension where she's been sidelined and forgotten for years. But still... super surprised. With MacKay writing it, I think it will be a good, fun read. I've been enjoying his writing in the Death of Doctor Strange mini series.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised they opted to make her the next Sorcerer Supreme. I love Clea as a character so I'm happy to see her get featured like this in such a prominent role because it'll get her out the the Dark Dimension where she's been sidelined and forgotten for years. But still... super surprised. With MacKay writing it, I think it will be a good, fun read. I've been enjoying his writing in the Death of Doctor Strange mini series.
    I'm starting to think MacKay has a thing for women with white hair .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...it's nice to see them finally giving Clea the spotlight given how they usually pretend she doesn't exist or barely feature her. I guess I'm also glad that the next person to take over the book is someone actually connected to Stephen (although is it called "Strange" because they're still technically married?).

Last I saw, she no longer considered the two of them to be technically married because they lived apart, but even so they were still 'eternally bound together' via magic and Strange had said (back in Doctor Strange annual 2016) that he wasn't ready to dissolve their union. She was open to the two of them reuniting -- before Strange wiped out her memories, that is. Perhaps they should retitle this book eSTRANGEd. LOL. Who knows.

I'm glad that this book will allow more fans to become familiar with her as a character because she's been sidelined for so long that I don't know how familiar a lot fans are with her (outside of long time readers of Doctor Strange, that is). It sounds like she'll be on a quest to restore Contemporary Strange while doing other things, so I expect this will culminate in the return of Doctor Strange at some point. I'm glad MacKay is writing it.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I think the movie comes out like a month and half or two after this. That would be short, even for a mini-series, and this sounds like an ongoing. It's very odd timing on Marvel's part.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Congrats, Clea! It's always good to see a favorite get some love.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Congrats, Clea! It's always good to see a favorite get some love.
    I know, right? I've been really loving the way that MacKay has been writing her so far on the DoDS series, so I'm looking forward to see how he portrays her in this series. Hopefully more people can become familiar with her and she'll be able to have a much more expanded role in Marvel going forward. She's been stuck away in the Dark Dimension for so long that it's easy for everyone to forget that she even exists. This is a great opportunity to show her potential as a capable, experienced sorcerer and leader (and really sweet person). I'm excited to see how this plays out.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Last I saw, she no longer considered the two of them to be technically married because they lived apart, but even so they were still 'eternally bound together' via magic and Strange had said (back in Doctor Strange annual 2016) that he wasn't ready to dissolve their union. She was open to the two of them reuniting -- before Strange wiped out her memories, that is. Perhaps they should retitle this book eSTRANGEd. LOL. Who knows.

I'm glad that this book will allow more fans to become familiar with her as a character because she's been sidelined for so long that I don't know how familiar a lot fans are with her (outside of long time readers of Doctor Strange, that is). It sounds like she'll be on a quest to restore Contemporary Strange while doing other things, so I expect this will culminate in the return of Doctor Strange at some point. I'm glad MacKay is writing it.
    They call her "Clea Strange" so it seems like they're marketing her as his wife/lover and that's part of why she's inheriting his position/starring role, but I guess we'll have to see.

I'm morbidly curious if Marvel knows she's in MoM even though they're not advertising it and this is them giving her a starring role in time for the movie.
    I know, right? I've been really loving the way that MacKay has been writing her so far on the DoDS series, so I'm looking forward to see how he portrays her in this series. Hopefully more people can become familiar with her and she'll be able to have a much more expanded role in Marvel going forward. She's been stuck away in the Dark Dimension for so long that it's easy for everyone to forget that she even exists. This is a great opportunity to show her potential as a capable, experienced sorcerer and leader (and really sweet person). I'm excited to see how this plays out.
    Hopefully they don't saddle her with all the magical/emotional baggage they've been sticking Stephen with for the past few years.

I'm glad it's Clea! I will be picking this up!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They call her "Clea Strange" so it seems like they're marketing her as his wife/lover and that's part of why she's inheriting his position/starring role, but I guess we'll have to see.

I'm morbidly curious if Marvel knows she's in MoM even though they're not advertising it and this is them giving her a starring role in time for the movie.

Hopefully they don't saddle her with all the magical/emotional baggage they've been sticking Stephen with for the past few years.
    I don't know if she's going to be in MoM. I don't pay much attention to the online chatter about the film, and I consider the MCU products to all be an AU anyway. I suppose it's possible that this Strange series is MCU related. Even if it is, MacKay has proven that he knows comics-Strange and Strange's supporting characters very well. I expect that this series will stay focused on the comics-version of the characters and build from there.

As for all the magical/emotional baggage poor Stephen Strange has been dealing with for the past few years... AMEN. He's devolved into someone who's been portrayed too often as untrustworthy and miserable, when he's not being arrogant, magical Tony Stark. It's so annoying. I am trusting in Jed Mackay to do a much better job with both Clea and Stephen Strange.

And it just now occurred to me... Does this mean that Clea gets to have Bats be her (ghost) dog now, at least until the inevitable return of Stephen Strange? That would be so fab. Once Strange does finally return, he and Clea would simply have to stay together forever in the Sanctum for the good of their best good boy (ghost) companion. Bats would insist.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Pun intended, but does anyone else find it Strange that the Earth dimension's Sorceress Supreme will be a non-native of said dimension?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If they are worried about synching with movies, Stephen would be featured in a book now since he plays a prominent role in a movie coming out on Thursday and Cumberbatch has been doing media junkets all this week.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Pun intended, but does anyone else find it Strange that the Earth dimension's Sorceress Supreme will be a non-native of said dimension?
    I guess they could always say that like Superman and pretty much every other immigrant, Earth is now her adopted home.

I've always liked Clea, so I hope this turns out for the best...even though we all know it's just a matter of time before Stephen takes back the title of SS. I'll enjoy Madame Strange for as long as it lasts.

I'm on board with this. Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme is a legacy title, and Clea feels like a good fit. She's been sidelined for so long.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?