Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I guess I am one of the few who does not think the Pacino Scarface was a very good movie. I found it overdone and over acted.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not something i have said often in my life, but there is an american remake of a foreign movie that i did find better than the original one.

I found "Let me in", the remake of a Swedish movie nammed "Let the right one in", more enjoyable. Both are good movies though so, yeah, watch both if you feel like it.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-29-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You mean "Lord of the Rings" for the first one, yes? Because the Rankin-Bass version never actually got to the Return of the King part.
    You're thinking of the Ralph Bakshi one. Rankin-Bass did an animated TV special that only covered The Return of the King.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Skull Island is a better movie than Peter Jackson King Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Skull Island is a better movie than Peter Jackson King Kong
    "Remakes or sequels better than the ORIGINAL"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "Remakes or sequels better than the ORIGINAL"
    Never watched the original movie so I can't speak on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Also, as much as I love Boris Karloff, the MUmmy with Brendan Frasier was far more entertaining.
    I saw that movie when it came out and not since. At some point a remake/reimagining strays so far from the spirit of the original it ceases to function in the same capacity and is it's own thing.

That said the Hammer films sometimes did more entertaining things with the Universal monsters than Universal did. Which is a feat unto itself cause those are classics and originals of a time. Even with the unfortunate brown-face, Lee's Mummy films are way better cooler to me than the Universal ones. The Universal Frankenstein is a classic but there isn't much to the Dr., Hammer's Curse of Frankenstein gave the Dr. his due. It always gets me when show up with those hands he took from that sculpture.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Never watched the original movie so I can't speak on it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Karl Urban's Dredd is better than Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd
    No doubt *10 char*

I prefer Winter Soldier and Civil War over The First Avenger. Same with Ragnarok over Thor1 and Dark World.

I liked the Golden Army over Hellboy 1 but I'd say Hellboy 1 is the better intro to Hellboy over the reboot.

You mean "Lord of the Rings" for the first one, yes? Because the Rankin-Bass version never actually got to the Return of the King part.