Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Spider-man: No Way Home (spoilers)

The movie has opened up in several territories and the whole movie has leaked.

There are dozens of clips of youtube and Sony is pretty much been playing "whack-a-mole" with the clips.

I think it's ultimately better that the spoiler discussion start in a separate thread.

So someone spoil the movie in this thread already before I piss meself...
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Or, you could read the Wikipedia synopsis..

So basically it's Spider-Verse meets One More Day (Without Mephisto, thankfully).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Movie was absolutely bonkers, in the greatest way and I loved it. As a life long Spidey fan and a huge fan of the Rami movies who enjoyed aspects of the Amazing movies, and is seriously fond of the MCU films, its basically a reward for Spidey fans eveywhere. The story was great, I enjoyed seeing Holland's Spider-Man bounces off the villains and the villains bounce off of each other, but Willem Dafoe man. That man in my eyes was already the best Spider Man villain in live action ever, but this one just further solidifies that fact, he slips into this character so easily, it's hard to forget the last time we saw him as Goblin was 19 years ago, dude does not skip a beat. Molina was good too, and I enjoyed Jaime Foxx's Electro, he was like the comic relief of the villains, Sandman and Lizard are sort of just there, though I like they continued with Sandman's previous characterisation of being on good terms with Spider-Man, before throwing that out the window. Now into the story and what everyone basically wanted to see and guessed, I loved seeing Garlfield and Maguire again. Their appearances were met with applause in my theater once we figured out what was happening, great stuff. Seeing Tobey as this veteran Spider-Man was neat and seeing the lingering effects of Gwen's death on Andrew's Peter was interesting, him becoming more unhinged is something I definitely would have loved to see explored more, but seeing them all interact and bounce off each other is a wet dream, the banter was hilarious, especially with discussion over the organic Web shooters Tobey has.
    Last edited by GSman; 12-16-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Man, what a movie. I’m in total disabelief they pulled it off.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

If anyone has seen the movie, if your interested please give your thoughts on what you would like to see in the next phase of MCU Spider-Man - be it in a trilogy or further appearances in crossover MCU projects?

What Do You Want For The Next Era Of MCU Spider-Man?

- Charles Schultz.

I nice stroll down memory lane. Not perfect but the best Sony/Disney joint Spider Man by far. A load of villains (some good, some not so much), Spider Man vs Doctor Strange. An heartfelt goodbye to an important character. Above all the end of Spider Man being a Stark minion, which was very welcome.

The only problem I have with this film is the fact they didn't give Peter Holland his own villain as he only fights the other Spider Men villains the rest is good.

8/10

BANNED

I saw the movie a while ago, will need to sleep on it and give more indepth views tomorrow. For now I will say No Way home is another standard popcorn mcu fun flick, I got what I was expecting from an MCU movie, but with nostalgia in very high places that I get the feeling, in the coming weeks may start a roll your eyes, because some are going to realise even more that Marvel now cannot do anything anymore without the need to crossover with something, the fact that it has extended to older Spiderman movies of 20 years is going to split comic fans opinions even more on the state of the genre, especially if and if The Batman succeeds in been a great movie.

I think I found Shang Chi a little stronger in story and this is for obvious reasons, shang chi is more of a stand alone film, not dragged down by the baggage that comes with this kind of multiverse movie. However, one thing I will say is this movie has done the sam raimi films even more favours than ever imagined.

Anyone who has watched this film, did you notice just how easily dominant the characters of the Raimi verse where? Tobey's peter, Dr Orc and Goblin. (Again, Jamie Fox) always a weak link character. he was in this film. Andrew Garfield is just there to be there. Maguire did not even need to try hard, yet when he came out from the potal, he stole the show away from Andrew Garfield. I did not buy MJ and Ned reaction to seeing Garfield for the first time. it was too overreacted.

Watching no way home, if sony moves on with a Spiderman 4 with Maguire playing an adult aged peter , that will be the closest comic book films will ever get to a star wars episode 7 hype. Maguire presence in this film is where all the emotions were.

On an artistic side, The film making was consistent with other mcu movies, maintaining that one look generic style MCU has become so costume too, The VFX was pretty bad, but this has already been mentioned from the trailer. I think Grace Randolph was wrong in saying the vfx were not ready yet. we got what we saw in the trailer. The cinematography was meh and very disappointing because right now all I can think of is Nolan's Inception, I feel MCU should have used more of that kind of cinematography for a multiverse concept and not stuck to their dour concept. it would have made some parts of the movie more stunning to watch, especially with the Dr Strange scenes.

Overall this was a more fun MCU movie than Black Widow and Eternals. I don't regret watching it as a Spiderman fan. If you are an MCU fan or just a Spiderman fan and can protect yourself from COVID, I think you should go see the movie and have some fun with it in this quite depressing times.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-16-2021 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

Additionally, well done almost everyone, you all called it that Garfield's peter will save MCU MJ the way he failed to save Gwen when she was in the same situation. However with this scene, it was more nostalgia than actually genuinely emotional even with how much Garfield tried to make it come off emotional.

Also in this film, MJ last name is actually Watson but MJ does not like to go by Watson. She said this during a police probe Q and A
    Last edited by Castle; 12-16-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Despite really looking forward to this movie, I didn't expect it to actually be good, was glad to have been wrong. A few things
    -They did justice to all the villains. Flint and Otto's redemptions still stand, even the Max and Peter 3's relationship gets some good closure. Well Lizard was kinda a joke, but its hard not to make fun of his goal to turn everyone to lizards.
    -What happens to Rami and Webb's universes? Do everybody forget who their Peters are too? Plus all the villains are saved from their fates, so i imagine things will be very different
    -Strange is a massive dick here, loved MJ for calling him out on his hypocrisy, basically said what a lot of us were probably thinking. Kinda glad Wong got his job. The bit about calling back the colleges was hilarious though.
    -So uncle Ben is mentioned a lot but not MCU Ben. If it weren't for the prequel animated series, I'd say it'd be better to not mention him going forward, since they may have waited too long to address his role in Peter's life. Not a criticism, different iterations are allowed to focus on different things.
    -Despite having a lot else going on, Holland's Spider-man really shines here and is the most interesting he's ever been. We see some classic elements to him that he's noticeably been missing, like Parker luck and being hated by the media, but in a fresh new way.
    -Loved how the OG Spiderman villain was THE villain of the movie, already cementing his role as MCU Peter's archenemy. I'm actually very interested in seeing MCU Peter meeting the MCU Osborns. He'll already be deeply biased, and looks like he may need a new best friend.
    -I hope Ned and MJ come back and recover their memories eventually but I don't mind giving them a break so as to give the ending a sense of consequences.
    -So thats what Tom Hardy's visit to the mcu lead to, weird but ok.
    overall i give it a 5/5 (edit: changed my mind after a second viewing, giving it a higher score, my be my favorite SM movie.)
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-19-2021 at 06:04 PM.

This probably how the X men will come about in the MCU, by using the parallel universe scenario.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    -Loved how the OG Spiderman villain was THE villain of the movie, already cementing his role as MCU Peter's archenemy. I'm actually very interested in seeing MCU Peter meeting the MCU Osborns. He'll already be deeply biased, and looks like he may need a new best friend.
    I’m not totally sure we’ll ever see this Peter meet his own Osborns in this universe. Especially when they explicitly say in this movie that Oscorp doesn’t exist in his world. We’ll see.

- Charles Schultz.

This was the Spiderman MCU movie I have been waiting for. I didnt think I would enjoy it but I loved pretty much all of it! And damn MJ way to put Doc Strange in his place
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

They did a good job with this I was surprised. Some of the dialogue felt excessive and some jokes didn’t land imo but it was still very good. I was sad but still felt proud and I’m optimistic about where this is going, it really couldn’t have had a better ending…