Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "Generation X" (1996) could fit into the mainstream movie universe

Why not?

Emma Frost is Emma Silverfox, now going by her original template's surname. She has been created in 1965, so the time travel in DOFP did not alter her birth.

Sean Cassidy is the clone of the original Banshee, who already appeared on ORIGINS (set in 1983). He has been created before 1973 as well.

The entire movie could be set in 2002 or so, some time before "The New Mutants" (set in 2008), in an time where Xavier and the X-Men were far from the school for some reason.

Jubilee could be the very same Jubilee from X1/X2/X3, related to the original Jubilee seen in "Apocalypse" (set in 1983).

I never watched the TV movie, so I don't know if any detail or event or character on it contradicts the mainstream X-Men timeline. Hopefully not. Tell me if that is the case.

GENERATION X:

Jubilee
    M
    Mondo
    Skin
    Buff
    Refrax
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 09-26-2021 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

This is a very fun, scene by-scene (almost) description/commentary of the movie:

https://itsastampede.com/2021/03/01/...ration-x-1996/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Its nice that at least the Fox films made Jubilee Asian finally , which they made white in TAS and the Gen X film. But their version of the franchise still left something to be desired, imho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Its nice that at least the Fox films made Jubilee Asian finally , which they made white in TAS and the Gen X film. But their version of the franchise still left something to be desired, imho.
    Yes. Jubille was just a cameo in all X-Men films. On the other hand, I don't like the character.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Jubilee was very specifically Chinese-American in the Animated Series. When the Sentinel scans her during the very first episode, the bio/data the sentinel pulls on her shows she is Chinese-American.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee was very specifically Chinese-American in the Animated Series. When the Sentinel scans her during the very first episode, the bio/data the sentinel pulls on her shows she is Chinese-American.
    Though, funny thing, in the Art and Making of X-Men: TAS book, a lot of the old documents refer to her as "half-Asian". So, she was still a little less Asian than she was in the comics. Not sure why it was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Though, funny thing, in the Art and Making of X-Men: TAS book, a lot of the old documents refer to her as "half-Asian". So, she was still a little less Asian than she was in the comics. Not sure why it was like that.
    It's America...take a guess.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Heather McComb, the actress portraying her in "Generation X", is full American, but she looks a bit Asian/Chinese to me. So it works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_McComb

They picked half-Chinese actresses for X1-X3, right?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

See that must be why that she did not even look Asian, that change, and she didn't. Not in features and not in color. If half white was their way to wash away her being a poc, well that stinks. And at times it was reflected in the comics. But if Silvestri and Lee didn't originally portray her as Asian I will eat my hat. I know there are challengers of that. When they did not want to believe it was official.

BANNED

Jubilee wears a Wolverine t-shirt, and there's an X-Men arcade game in the movie. The X-Men are popular superheroes here, and this places it firmly in the Beginnings Timeline. So cool.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Not with that name. It should be called Millennial X or Xoomers.

Why would anyone want that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why would anyone want that
    Because it's cool.

Let's not and say we did.

I usually pro everything Gen X but not that trash of a movie.

BANNED

Don't go hyperbole. It wasn't a masterpiece, but many appreciated the direction and the inventiveness, despite a budget of 4 million dollars.
    It was good.

I loved Refrax!