Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    See that must be why that she did not even look Asian, that change, and she didn't. Not in features and not in color. If half white was their way to wash away her being a poc, well that stinks. And at times it was reflected in the comics. But if Silvestri and Lee didn't originally portray her as Asian I will eat my hat. I know there are challengers of that. When they did not want to believe it was official.
    lol are you serious?!?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Its nice that at least the Fox films made Jubilee Asian finally , which they made white in TAS and the Gen X film. But their version of the franchise still left something to be desired, imho.
    Yes, starting with why the obvious omission of one Everett Thomas, an O.G. member.

Also, neither Buff or Refrax were as interesting as Husk and Chamber. Not that all the cast wasn't flat but them especially since they didn't even have Canon interest to fall back on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Also, neither Buff or Refrax were as interesting as Husk and Chamber. Not that all the cast wasn't flat but them especially since they didn't even have Canon interest to fall back on.
    Husk and Chamber are very complex mutants, and the budget did not support that.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, starting with why the obvious omission of one Everett Thomas, an O.G. member.
    Buuuuudget...the expense in displaying the mutants powers was prob through the roof.....so im guessing the higher ups didnt think spending all tha money to display the same powerset of other chars....if youre gonna spend a fortune showing off mutant powers youd want them to be something the audience hasnt seen before
    Gah so true....Buff was especially boring
    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Husk and Chamber are very complex mutants, and the budget did not support that.
    True but I think CGI was a bigger damper than the acting +I think creatively CGI hindered the whole production and wasn't even worth it a lot of shows were like that at least back then Like why couldnt they go the AoA route with chamber? having his full face and his power coming out of something in his chest? or have him be covered up? and Husk all they needed to do was some quick camera angles...that 'Husk'ing sound...some strips of her skin on the floor, and body paint and Boom! Husk and Chamber are in
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

True but I think CGI was a bigger damper than the acting +I think creatively CGI hindered the whole production and wasn't even worth it a lot of shows were like that at least back then Like why couldnt they go the AoA route with chamber? having his full face and his power coming out of something in his chest? or have him be covered up? and Husk all they needed to do was some quick camera angles...that 'Husk'ing sound...some strips of her skin on the floor, and body paint and Boom! Husk and Chamber are in
    CGI sucked in the mid-Nineties. Despite its low budget (4 million dollars), "Generation X" had entertaining special effects and a good production.
    Chamber would have been difficult to achieve at the time. Other than that, I loved Refrax, he was a nice cross between Cyclops and Billy Idol.

Buuuuudget...the expense in displaying the mutants powers was prob through the roof.....so im guessing the higher ups didnt think spending all tha money to display the same powerset of other chars....if youre gonna spend a fortune showing off mutant powers youd want them to be something the audience hasnt seen before

Gah so true....Buff was especially boring

Lol, wait a minute how you gonna drop these easy fixes for these characters? They could have went with a quick halo lighting effect around Synch's body every now and then and there we go!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, wait a minute how you gonna drop these easy fixes for these characters? They could have went with a quick halo lighting effect around Synch's body every now and then and there we go!
    Yes, but Synch replicates anyone else's powers. That would not be interesting, given the fact that Generation X was the only bunch of mutants depicted by the TV movie.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-12-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Don't go hyperbole. It wasn't a masterpiece, but many appreciated the direction and the inventiveness, despite a budget of 4 million dollars.
    It was good.

I loved Refrax!
    I've never spoken to one person (other than you) who said that movie was inventive or good. The acting, writing and special effects were all low budget (despite their low budget).

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I've never spoken to one person (other than you) who said that movie was inventive or good. The acting, writing and special effects were all low budget (despite their low budget).
    I loved it when I first watched it...even had this sh!t recorded lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Oh I recorded it and was anxiously waiting for its premiere and then.....recorded over it. Too each their own. Like I said I am a huge Gen X fan. I just wish every copy of this movie could be burned in a giant bonfire like it was the book War of the Worlds.

BANNED

LOL. Hopefully it will get a blu-ray release.

BANNED

...or maybe, they could issue this on Disney+ and Hulu, finally restored on HD/4K.

Agreed. They could have made Husk work, just look at the aliens in "V". Chamber could have worked too, even with bad special effects.

I would love to see Refrax and Buff folded into the 616 though.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant 77 View Post
    Don't go hyperbole. It wasn't a masterpiece, but many appreciated the direction and the inventiveness, despite a budget of 4 million dollars.
    It was good.

I loved Refrax!
    Oddly enough they just flipped the bird to black characters, and I would joyfully return the favor from any chance to bring that garbage back.